Marketplace > For Sale

Improved Shift Linkage Kits (Read Last Post)

(1/7) > >>

T Cro ®:
Here is a replacement shift linkage kit for the ZG1000 all years that ABSOLUTELY will improve how your Concours shifts no matter how new, old or mileage. This kit requires that you do some minor drilling to remove the old joints from the levers. Linkage parts are large beefy units that will remove the slop and make your shifting a night and day difference.

95.00 for the kit as shown with shims. Price includes shipping via USPM-PM if in Canada please or just about anywhere else in the world please add an extra 20.00 to extra to cover increased shipping and hassles...

You can reach me best via email at tonypcro @ gmail . com (remove extra spaces)

T Cro ®:
I've got a workbench full of kits that are ready to set sail to a new harbor.....

Don't be shy belly up to the bar and order a shot!

I'd really like to buy a new chrome plated 45 so help me finance a new gun will ya please?

throb:
  Okay, I'll bite.  How much machining is required to get the basic kit functioning?  I have normal power and hand tools.  Drill press, angle grinder, bench grinder, files, etc.  Anything needed over and above that and how much time does it normally take for a reasonably mechanically inclined person to do the job?

The linkage looks rock solid so I'm guessing if there's a missed shift, I would have nothing to blame it on but myself?   ;)

T Cro ®:

--- Quote from: throb on May 29, 2011, 03:25:33 PM ---  Okay, I'll bite.  How much machining is required to get the basic kit functioning?  I have normal power and hand tools.  Drill press, angle grinder, bench grinder, files, etc.  Anything needed over and above that and how much time does it normally take for a reasonably mechanically inclined person to do the job?

The linkage looks rock solid so I'm guessing if there's a missed shift, I would have nothing to blame it on but myself?   ;)

--- End quote ---

With the above listed tools you should be golden in under 1.5 hour start to finish including the remove of the left lower cowling to gain better accessibility to the shifter.

As to the latter question you would be correct.... Thing is with the kit properly installed (nearly fool proof) there will be such an improvement over even a fairly new shifter that's in good shape that there will be NO MISSED SHIFTS.....

Will be money well spent I assure you.....

Mettler1:

--- Quote from: T Cro ® on May 29, 2011, 07:54:36 PM ---With the above listed tools you should be golden in under 1.5 hour start to finish including the remove of the left lower cowling to gain better accessibility to the shifter.

As to the latter question you would be correct.... Thing is with the kit properly installed (nearly fool proof) there will be such an improvement over even a fairly new shifter that's in good shape that there will be NO MISSED SHIFTS.....

Will be money well spent I assure you.....

--- End quote ---
     With the OEM shift linkage I was missing 2nd often. Thought I had tranny problems. With Tony's shift linkage I haven't missed a single shift in 4000 miles!! :thumbs:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version