Author Topic: Another Star Trek movie coming out  (Read 6124 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Another Star Trek movie coming out
« on: December 07, 2012, 11:37:37 PM »

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
Re: Another Star Trek movie coming out
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »
I think something was lost in the translation.  ::)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 04:56:20 AM »
The last Star Trek movie was pretty cool for fans of the original series due to all the mannerisms that were captured by the current actors and the hidden gems.

This new movie will have to stand on it's own merit.  Will be interesting to see how it does.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »
I'm in. I will definitely be going to this movie.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 01:00:26 PM »
I thought the first installment was excellent, looking forward to seeing this as well.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 12:52:00 AM »
If it follows true Star Trek form, this being a even numbered film (2), should be awesome!
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Offline sherob

• Arena
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 04:52:47 PM »
ALWAYS been a Trekkie, but this looks like the Dark Knight meets Independence Day. But, I'll see it and take the family. Thanks for the trailer.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 05:10:17 PM »
Office Depot is getting a new shipment of pocket protectors  :popcorn:
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 06:46:06 PM »
I'm in. Live Long and Prosper.
RSA,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
I'm waiting for Star Trek CXXVIII, where-in Kirk's great-grandfather undergoes sexual re-assignment surgery and becomes Nurse Chapel, then travels into the future, murders Spock's parents, and replaces them with disguised Romulans, who then travel back in time and lead the Borg to attack Earth five years after "First Contact", so that Kirk's illegitimate son, who has travelled back in time from the Genesis planet, has to travel through a worm-hole into the Delta Quadrant and bring back the Voyager and Captain Janeway (with whom he has an affair that produces Scotty's grandfather, who turns out to be "Q").  Once back in the Alpha Quadrant, Voyager gets too close to the Sun while chasing a Klingon War Bird  (which is actually a cloaked Romulan Bird-of-Prey) and has to accelerate to trans-warp velocity to slingshot around the Sun, which sends them too far forward in time, where they encounter Wesley Crusher and The Traveler having fun placing millions of Data android copies all over the galaxy, so they can be discovered and reassembled into a robot army that comes back in time and fights the Borg once again, at which time we find out that the Borg Queen is actually Kirk's ex-lover and the mother of his son, which makes Kirk the step-father of the Borg.  Jean-Luc Picard, having defeated his nemesis and retired from Starfleet, gets called back to active service, because his mind contains a hologram that contains Kirk's personality which was downloaded into his brain just before Kirk died the last time in the Nexus. Star Fleet tries to extract Kirk from Picard's brain, but fails and the result is an unbreakable mind-meld, which creates Admiral Pickirk, a super-intelligent, ultra-bombastic, autocrat who speaks only Latin with a French accent and is subject to intense crying jags in the midst of interstellar combat.  As a result of which, Pickirk loses a star-battle against an overwhelming enemy force, (which becomes the basis for the "Kobayashi Maru" scenario at Starfleet Academy, the knowledge of which was given to Starfleet by Gary Seven because he was pissed that Kirk got in the way of his illicit romance with Miss Roberta Lincoln (portrayed by the lovely and tempting Teri Garr).  The off-spring of this relationship, a nova-hot babe called Seven-of-Nine, who joined the Borg out of revenge after her father rejected her, came back on the Voyager also, hoping to find a human husband, but instead married a Ferengi and settled on Deep Space 9, where she lived under deep cover as an agent for the Cardassians, who are bent on taking over the galaxy by breeding a race of big-ass female impersonators who cause humans to commit suicide by the millions after watching them on the Holo-screen.  This sets up the plot-line for the NEXT Star Trek movie, in which things get really interesting.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline julianop

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 11:48:52 PM »
Jeepers, Nosmo... is there anything you can take to tame that ballistic imagination? ;-)
Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 07:00:42 AM »
Jeepers, Nosmo... is there anything you can take to tame that ballistic imagination? ;-)

Wow!  Nosmo must have had wayyyy too much Caffeine in his morning coffee.

Clever, clever story, N.  The 'trailer' will be longer than the movie.
  :)
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 12:30:19 PM »
Ok, who's the bad guy returning? He said he's returned for vengance, I didn't recognize him unless this is the sequel to Avengers as he looked like Loki.

EDIT: I think this is KHAN.

Secondly, who knew the Enterprise was a submarine too.

Sorry, watched the official trailer on You Tube if anyone is confused.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:48:17 PM by MrPepsi »
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 12:44:29 PM »
I'm waiting for Star Trek CXXVIII, where-in Kirk's great-grandfather undergoes sexual re-assignment surgery and becomes Nurse Chapel, then travels into the future, murders Spock's parents, and replaces them with disguised Romulans, who then travel back in time and lead the Borg to attack Earth five years after "First Contact", so that Kirk's illegitimate son, who has travelled back in time from the Genesis planet, has to travel through a worm-hole into the Delta Quadrant and bring back the Voyager and Captain Janeway (with whom he has an affair that produces Scotty's grandfather, who turns out to be "Q").  Once back in the Alpha Quadrant, Voyager gets too close to the Sun while chasing a Klingon War Bird  (which is actually a cloaked Romulan Bird-of-Prey) and has to accelerate to trans-warp velocity to slingshot around the Sun, which sends them too far forward in time, where they encounter Wesley Crusher and The Traveler having fun placing millions of Data android copies all over the galaxy, so they can be discovered and reassembled into a robot army that comes back in time and fights the Borg once again, at which time we find out that the Borg Queen is actually Kirk's ex-lover and the mother of his son, which makes Kirk the step-father of the Borg.  Jean-Luc Picard, having defeated his nemesis and retired from Starfleet, gets called back to active service, because his mind contains a hologram that contains Kirk's personality which was downloaded into his brain just before Kirk died the last time in the Nexus. Star Fleet tries to extract Kirk from Picard's brain, but fails and the result is an unbreakable mind-meld, which creates Admiral Pickirk, a super-intelligent, ultra-bombastic, autocrat who speaks only Latin with a French accent and is subject to intense crying jags in the midst of interstellar combat.  As a result of which, Pickirk loses a star-battle against an overwhelming enemy force, (which becomes the basis for the "Kobayashi Maru" scenario at Starfleet Academy, the knowledge of which was given to Starfleet by Gary Seven because he was pissed that Kirk got in the way of his illicit romance with Miss Roberta Lincoln (portrayed by the lovely and tempting Teri Garr).  The off-spring of this relationship, a nova-hot babe called Seven-of-Nine, who joined the Borg out of revenge after her father rejected her, came back on the Voyager also, hoping to find a human husband, but instead married a Ferengi and settled on Deep Space 9, where she lived under deep cover as an agent for the Cardassians, who are bent on taking over the galaxy by breeding a race of big-ass female impersonators who cause humans to commit suicide by the millions after watching them on the Holo-screen.  This sets up the plot-line for the NEXT Star Trek movie, in which things get really interesting.

:rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »
Have fun guys!  The last movie was two hours of my life I won't get back, and I see no need to throw another 2 hours away in the vain hope that this one might be OK.

After the beer factory/engineering sequence in the first JJ Abrams outing, why yes I am quite skeptical.  Previous directors understood the need to portray engineering and such in a meaningful way; Abrams repurposed a beer factory instead... great for beer connoisseurs, bad for geekdom.  Green screening some rendition of engineering would have been preferable to THAT, seeing he wasn't willing to build a set.

Don't even get me started on the health risks involved from being submerged in radioactive coolant...

Abrams turned his back on many of the engineering/technology aspects that made Star Trek accessible to tech types, in favor of the gee whiz/plot device laziness that we see in a lot of sci fi today.  Star Trek boldly crossed from Sci Fi to Sci Fantasy in one script.
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »
Have fun guys!  The last movie was two hours of my life I won't get back, and I see no need to throw another 2 hours away in the vain hope that this one might be OK.

After the beer factory/engineering sequence in the first JJ Abrams outing, why yes I am quite skeptical.  Previous directors understood the need to portray engineering and such in a meaningful way; Abrams repurposed a beer factory instead... great for beer connoisseurs, bad for geekdom.  Green screening some rendition of engineering would have been preferable to THAT, seeing he wasn't willing to build a set.

Don't even get me started on the health risks involved from being submerged in radioactive coolant...

Abrams turned his back on many of the engineering/technology aspects that made Star Trek accessible to tech types, in favor of the gee whiz/plot device laziness that we see in a lot of sci fi today.  Star Trek boldly crossed from Sci Fi to Sci Fantasy in one script.

Is that a bad thing?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bryn

• Leicestershire.... in the heart of England
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 01:09:32 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed the last one.... and I'm sure this new one will be worth watching too   8)

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »

Yeah because movies nowadays are so true to Physics. I mean really, its fiction, its getting away from life. To judge a movie on how accurate it is, that's crazy. May as well stick to documentaries.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »
The last movie was two hours of my life I won't get back, and I see no need to throw another 2 hours away in the vain hope that this one might be OK.

???

I liked the last one...  :)