Author Topic: MC Enterprises Canyon Cages  (Read 28263 times)

Offline ssbraun

MC Enterprises Canyon Cages
« on: June 10, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase the 1400-410 / 1400-310 front and rear guards for my 2012.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any!  I've searched Ebay, Amazon, Google, and the only suppliers I've found are out of stock..I leave on a trip July 2, and really wanted to get these installed by then.  Does anyone have any leads?!  Time is short, so I know I've got to act quickly...

Thanks in advance....

Cheers!

Steve
Ayrton Senna ... "Oh, dat fla tie rella fack up ebertang!"
Past rides...'83 GS750ES,'84 GS750SE (Canada only),'85 FJ1100;'98VTR1000F Firestorm;'07GSX-R1000
Current ride...'12 C14 Candy Arabian Red (even faster than black and silver!!)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: MC Enterprises Canyon Cages
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »
Have you tried MC Enterprises, directly?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:57:29 PM »

+1 That's where we got ours on the last group buy.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8605.0

Give Ryan a call and he'll hook you up.  866.886.2368

http://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/products/search/dsp_searchForm.cfm
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ssbraun

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »

Yes I have;  I spoke to Ryan this afternoon....He's out of stock as well  :(
Past rides...'83 GS750ES,'84 GS750SE (Canada only),'85 FJ1100;'98VTR1000F Firestorm;'07GSX-R1000

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 03:03:28 PM »
He's out of stock as well  :(
??? That bites

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 03:10:01 PM »
Yea, unfortunately the Canyon Cages are out of stock until 8/1. They've been selling like hot cakes so we've had a hell of a time keeping them on the shelf. We're working on another batch right now but they won't be finished in time for the OPs ride.  :-[
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
To the OP, don't fall down.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 04:02:16 PM »
Damn, now you did it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »
Yea, unfortunately the Canyon Cages are out of stock until 8/1. They've been selling like hot cakes so we've had a hell of a time keeping them on the shelf. We're working on another batch right now but they won't be finished in time for the OPs ride.  :-[

Congrats- certainly was worth the time creating them!

I suggest the OP be very careful until he gets those things :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Aegir

• 2012 - Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »
I got damn lucky.  Purchased mine direct from MCE eight days ago and Teri said only had couple sets left.

Well designed and manufactured.  Installed mine with fairings off; was pretty straight forward. Made the cuts on the top vent and went back on relatively easy; at least from what thought would be.

Definitely takes some stress off me having them on now. 

Offline ssbraun

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
I did manage to find the front guards at a Canadian dealer and ordered them.  The only rears he had were for the 08/09 models, and I'm guessing that the change from 7/8" to 1" was to improve the product, so I think my search will have to continue!
Thank you to those who offered suggestions!!  ;D

Cheers!

Steve

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »
I got damn lucky.  Purchased mine direct from MCE eight days ago and Teri said only had couple sets left.

Well designed and manufactured.  Installed mine with fairings off; was pretty straight forward. Made the cuts on the top vent and went back on relatively easy; at least from what thought would be.

Definitely takes some stress off me having them on now.

You purchased guards for a 2008-2009 Connie though, correct? I just want to make sure we're comparing apples to apples here because the OP is looking for the 2010-2013 guards which is a completely different application. To my knowledge, we've been out of stock on the 2010-2013 Canyon Cages for nearly two weeks now but had some of the 2008-2009 Canyon Cages on the shelf.

I did manage to find the front guards at a Canadian dealer and ordered them.  The only rears he had were for the 08/09 models, and I'm guessing that the change from 7/8" to 1" was to improve the product, so I think my search will have to continue!
Thank you to those who offered suggestions!!  ;D

Cheers!

Steve

Nice! I hope you enjoy the guards! Actually, the only reason we changed the Canyon Cages from 7/8" to 1" was to make it easier for people to find suitable clamps to mount pegs. Since we changed the front, we had to change the rears to match. It had nothing to do with the structural capability of the bars, both sets are very capable of protecting the bike. I just don't want people thinking they have an inferior set if they have a 2008-2009 because that's definitely not the case.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline ssbraun

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 04:23:41 PM »
I just don't want people thinking they have an inferior set if they have a 2008-2009 because that's definitely not the case.

That is good to know Ryan!  I will probably still hold out for the newer ones so they do match...

BTW two thumbs up to you for the outstanding communication!!  :thumbs:

Cheers!

Steve

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »
That is good to know Ryan!  I will probably still hold out for the newer ones so they do match...

BTW two thumbs up to you for the outstanding communication!!  :thumbs:

Cheers!

Steve

Thank you, sir! I hope you enjoy the guards and hopefully you can find a set of matching rears sometime soon!

Offline Aegir

• 2012 - Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »
Ryan,
I made sure I got the ones for a 2012 (410 and 310), confirmed the part numbers with Teri and shipped same day.  Fit perfectly for my 2012.  When spoke to her on the phone on June 3rd, said only had a couple left so I ordered them pronto!  Invoice # 1306009 if want to confirm.  Thx.

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »
Ryan, is it possible to reserve a set in this next batch that is being produced ??
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 08:42:50 PM »
Ryan, is it possible to reserve a set in this next batch that is being produced ??

Money talks....
I bet if you pay for them, they could be yours!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
Ryan,
I made sure I got the ones for a 2012 (410 and 310), confirmed the part numbers with Teri and shipped same day.  Fit perfectly for my 2012.  When spoke to her on the phone on June 3rd, said only had a couple left so I ordered them pronto!  Invoice # 1306009 if want to confirm.  Thx.

Hmmm, that's interesting. You must have gotten extremely lucky. I'm guessing you probably snagged one of the only sets we had on the shelf. I hope you enjoy the guards, though!

Indeed it is! All you have to do is PM me, email me, or call us directly at the office and place your order. We'd need your full name, shipping address with zip/postal code, phone number, and payment information (we accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover). Keep in mind, though, we do not charge you until the product is ready to be shipped out. That's really the best way to ensure you'll get a set from the next batch.

Money talks....
I bet if you pay for them, they could be yours!

Hahahaha! Money always talks! Although, we don't actually charge them until the product is ready to ship out. We just take a CC number during the order so we have it all ready to go when the accessories are in stock.

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 08:47:46 AM »
ok thanks !!
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline Fixxer

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
Ryan,

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but how much are you charging for the Canyon Cages and the rear bag guards? I'm interested in a full set for my 2013 Connie.
I checked your website, but I couldn't find any prices there. I'd like to know cost with shipping to 96789.
Like stated earlier, if I want to reserve a set, all I have to do is get in touch with you? Is August still the tentative release date? I don't mind waiting for a quality product. Thanks!
Steve

2013 C14
Nocturne Blue