Author Topic: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!  (Read 103314 times)

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
Re: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »
Ok now this is getting depressing. I think I was about #3 in the group order & I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I guess I'll just continue to wait.  :popcorn:

What name did you use to place the order? I'll do some digging to see what's up with your order and let you know why it hasn't shipped yet and get an ETA for you...
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2012, 09:41:26 AM »
Ordered under the name Adam Curtice.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2012, 09:48:38 AM »
Ordered under the name Adam Curtice.

Your product was actually shipped out nearly a week ago. If it doesn't show up within the next day or two I'd try giving FedEx a call to see if they show it as delivered or still en route. I'll message you your tracking information.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2012, 09:55:04 AM »
I pulled all the plastic off of my bike yesterday in preparation for installing my new Canyon Cages. I got the right side all done and started on the left side. I noticed that as I threaded the new 10mm x 70mm socket head bolt (used in steps 16 & 21 of the supplied instructions) into place that the bolt was very hard to get started. I pulled the bolt out thinking that maybe it was the thread locker that Kawi used that was making it difficult to get started. Not so, the threads on the bolt were not cut properly on the very end of the bolt. I tried cleaning the threads up a bit but I didn't have the proper sized die to do the job. I tried to force the bolt in to place but it started chewing up the threads of the motor mount and I stopped. I pulled the bolt out from the right side and the threads on it were perfect and worked fine on either side of the bike. I had a few choice words to say about the maker of that bolt as I started to put everything back together and remove the Canyon cage from the other side of the bike. 

That's my luck sometimes...

I sent Ryan an e-mail asking for a new bolt.

New bolt on the way.

Thanks Ryan!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2012, 09:56:10 AM »

Just finished the install as well

Decided to notch the fairings for ease of removal.

I"m going to do the same thing.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »
Quick noob type question ;D  If I make the notches while the plastic is on the bike will I need to remove the entire fairing for the install?  Not that I can't, but why if I don't need to? 

BTW, the raw bars look great, I bet the silver will add another 1.5 HP, which equates about a .1 mph gain at WFO ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »
Quick noob type question ;D  If I make the notches while the plastic is on the bike will I need to remove the entire fairing for the install?  Not that I can't, but why if I don't need to? 

BTW, the raw bars look great, I bet the silver will add another 1.5 HP, which equates about a .1 mph gain at WFO ;)

Nope, you're gonna have to take it all off Chet. Besides, see the notch in the above fairing? No way to make that cut with all the fairing still on the bike.

Offline fsr402

« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
Looks like I'll have to learn how to remove mine before the bars get here. Got a few weeks from the sounds of it.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
Opened my box today. The weather here finally turned nice for the first time this summer and should be good all week. I 'll be darned if I am going to take up perfectly good riding time in near perfect weather to put these on....still I would like to have them in place before the MotoGP in Indy the 18th. They look fantastic.....can't wait to get them on.....but when I actually have it apart there are some other things I want to do also ...so I may end up waiting and watching what y'all do with yours first,......
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline speed545

« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
where is the shipping process right now, order rank speaking?
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2012, 07:56:24 PM »
Got mine today and I will give my best advice:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:28:23 AM by 556ALPHA »

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »

You can tell it's been dry for awhile in the PNW, Wil's Connie is actually clean...  8)

Lol....so true

Heck of a breaker ya got there Alpha

As for notching the fairings....a dremmel makes real quick work of it. Just be sure both tabs engage and mark appropriately before cutting

Anywho.....the cages are solid a heck....awesome craftsmanship. Again...thank you Ryan and those who participated
2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R

Offline Conrad

« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2012, 04:31:52 AM »
Got mine today and I will give my best advice:

Those two bolts on mine where tight but not THAT tight. 

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2012, 07:26:44 AM »
Those two bolts on mine where tight but not THAT tight.

I only had a 3/8 drive with the proper bit.  If I had a 1/2 drive bit I probably would have been fine.  The floor jack handle made very easy to remove.  Also I used snack bags and labeled them so I could keep track of all the different bolts and their locations.  While the panels were off I tightened the header bolts and will change the coolant as well. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2012, 08:06:09 AM »
I only had a 3/8 drive with the proper bit.  If I had a 1/2 drive bit I probably would have been fine.  The floor jack handle made very easy to remove.  Also I used snack bags and labeled them so I could keep track of all the different bolts and their locations.  While the panels were off I tightened the header bolts and will change the coolant as well.

Well done with the baggies!

I had a very large piece of cardboard laid out near my bike as I was taking things apart. I set the bolts on the cardboard and wrote myself little notes on the cardboard so that I knew where everything went. I also checked my header bolts but they were all still tight.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »
I thought about just laying them out like that but between my feet and my dogs I am sure I would have ended up with bolts everywhere.  That;s a great idea if you have the space.  I will just save the bags for next time as well.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2012, 09:04:37 AM »
I thought about just laying them out like that but between my feet and my dogs I am sure I would have ended up with bolts everywhere.  That;s a great idea if you have the space.  I will just save the bags for next time as well.

+1 on the dogs. I did my work out on the driveway and kept the dogs inside the fence.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2012, 12:17:23 PM »
Glad to hear you guys are getting the bars on your bikes and you're liking them!

where is the shipping process right now, order rank speaking?

We're actually jumping around a bit due to differing forms of payment and availability. We've shipped all the way up to number 12 save for order number 2 (so don't feel bad, #2 has been waiting longer than everyone else by quite a large margin!). However, we've also shipped some orders into the 20s. We're getting more bars back from our powder coaters later in the week so we should be shipping more sets out soon!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2012, 09:06:52 AM »
New bolt on the way.

Thanks Ryan!

Received the new bolt in the mail this morn, thanks Ryan.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »
I may have missed the info, lot of threads and posts. 

Ryan, it would be helpful to have the torque specs while installing the new hardware.  I read the manual and found some said 17 and others 44.  Hopefully this can be added.  Thanks, great looking product.