Author Topic: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!  (Read 103316 times)

Offline fsr402

Re: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »
Damn it, missed out on this.  :(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2012, 04:53:07 AM »
Damn it, missed out on this.  :(

You can still order, just not at the 'nice price'. I think that Ryan might still give you free shipping though.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline fsr402

« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2012, 05:00:54 AM »
If I can't get the "nice price" then I'll just wait a little. Don't really have an extra 5 bills burning a hole but for the cheaper price I would come up with it. Maybe in a few weeks I'll order some.

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2012, 09:18:15 AM »
If I can't get the "nice price" then I'll just wait a little. Don't really have an extra 5 bills burning a hole but for the cheaper price I would come up with it. Maybe in a few weeks I'll order some.

I can offer you 10% off MSRP for the front and rear sets until the end of July. If you wait, the price is only going to go up. If you're serious about wanting these you may want to get them ordered. If money is a bit tight, you can always just order the front for $247.50 ($275 - 10%) and wait on the rear sets since 10% off the rears is only a discount of about $15. Ultimately it's up to you but the price is only going to go up over time, not down.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2012, 09:50:33 AM »
I can offer you 10% off MSRP for the front and rear sets until the end of July. If you wait, the price is only going to go up. If you're serious about wanting these you may want to get them ordered. If money is a bit tight, you can always just order the front for $247.50 ($275 - 10%) and wait on the rear sets since 10% off the rears is only a discount of about $15. Ultimately it's up to you but the price is only going to go up over time, not down.

:thumbs:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Slideways

« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »
Got mine today. Thanks Ryan!! Now to find the time to install them... :P
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »
Got mine today. Thanks Ryan!! Now to find the time to install them... :P

You're welcome, buddy! I hope you enjoy them! Be sure to take some pictures once you get them installed and let us know how you like them!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Huero

« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2012, 10:40:02 PM »
Got mine today.  Thanks Ryan. When will you be here to install them? I can't wait.

Thanks,
Huero

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »
haHHHAAAA!!!! I giggled like a schoolgirl....no, really, just like a schoolgirl

Thank you Ryan....and thanks to all those who participated

I will post some pics when installed....but that means I have to clean the bike...AGAIN!!!

2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
FedEx had a package for me this evening.

Although moist, goodies inside were perfect!

20 minutes later, bada bing...

An hour after that, bada boom...

Love these! Thanks Ryan and all who participated to get the discount.

Mike

"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2012, 06:35:29 AM »
My bars came yesterday too.    :thumbs:

They look good Bug, I'll get mine done today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:39:03 AM by Conrad »

Offline McJunkie

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2012, 11:09:41 AM »
Just put the rears on. Took all of 20 minutes including cleaning and trying them with and without the rear foot pegs. The wife never rides on the Concours, but you never know who you might pick up. So I left them on for now. Will get to the Canyon Cage in a week or so. Anyone sell black rear foot pegs?

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2012, 11:26:46 AM »
A couple fresh pics from this morning...

The fronts blend in so well that the rears almost look - - out of place - - kind of too large. But no matter, this is a case of function over form, but lest "form" than the bathroom bars.

Mike

"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline David C-14

« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
Mike, they look great. I got mine too but they still in the box.
Jose David Gonzalez
David C-14 (2008)

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »

Just finished the install as well

Decided to notch the fairings for ease of removal.

Took me a bit longer cause #2 shop assistant kept taking my tools to play with
2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »

You can tell it's been dry for awhile in the PNW, Wil's Connie is actually clean...  8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2012, 04:40:48 AM »
I pulled all the plastic off of my bike yesterday in preparation for installing my new Canyon Cages. I got the right side all done and started on the left side. I noticed that as I threaded the new 10mm x 70mm socket head bolt (used in steps 16 & 21 of the supplied instructions) into place that the bolt was very hard to get started. I pulled the bolt out thinking that maybe it was the thread locker that Kawi used that was making it difficult to get started. Not so, the threads on the bolt were not cut properly on the very end of the bolt. I tried cleaning the threads up a bit but I didn't have the proper sized die to do the job. I tried to force the bolt in to place but it started chewing up the threads of the motor mount and I stopped. I pulled the bolt out from the right side and the threads on it were perfect and worked fine on either side of the bike. I had a few choice words to say about the maker of that bolt as I started to put everything back together and remove the Canyon cage from the other side of the bike. 

That's my luck sometimes...

I sent Ryan an e-mail asking for a new bolt.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2012, 07:03:24 AM »
I received mine as well last week. I have not got a chance to even open the box. We are moving and in the transition process. Hopefully, this weekend I get to cut open the box and at least oogle at them.

Question for you - did you guys get the brake recall taken care of before the bar installation? Do not think it should matter, but thought I ask.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2012, 08:10:32 AM »
I received mine as well last week. I have not got a chance to even open the box. We are moving and in the transition process. Hopefully, this weekend I get to cut open the box and at least oogle at them.

Question for you - did you guys get the brake recall taken care of before the bar installation? Do not think it should matter, but thought I ask.

I did not, but as you said. it 'shouldn't' matter.

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2012, 08:49:37 AM »
Ok now this is getting depressing. I think I was about #3 in the group order & I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I guess I'll just continue to wait.  :popcorn:
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit