Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852664 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #3240 on: September 30, 2018, 06:02:56 PM »
Also, if you try to run the bike with the rear wheel up in the air, you get a KTRC Error. Who knew? Found out trying to test the new battery in the garage.

It is not unknown.  The ECU can get upset when it thinks you are driving down the road and it sees ZERO rotation on the front wheel :)  For all it knows, your front rotation sensor is shot.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3241 on: September 30, 2018, 06:09:49 PM »
Or you locked the front brake and are in mid-highside...in which case you probably wouldn't notice the error display.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #3242 on: September 30, 2018, 10:16:21 PM »
Also, if you try to run the bike with the rear wheel up in the air, you get a KTRC Error. Who knew? Found out trying to test the new battery in the garage.

Is that because the front and rear wheels aren't spinning at the same speed?

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #3243 on: October 01, 2018, 06:57:14 AM »
Is that because the front and rear wheels aren't spinning at the same speed?

I believe so. It makes sense that the traction control would freak out in that case as it gets its inputs from the abs sensors on the wheels and compares them
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3244 on: October 01, 2018, 03:11:11 PM »
I believe so. It makes sense that the traction control would freak out in that case as it gets its inputs from the abs sensors on the wheels and compares them

Even with traction control off, it still might be upset because it might still use that data for something else; or even just monitor it to warn about a possible sensor failure.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3245 on: October 01, 2018, 06:19:27 PM »
Even with traction control off, it still might be upset because it might still use that data for something else; or even just monitor it to warn about a possible sensor failure.

I don’t think it would freak out with the traction control off. That would make it difficult to put it on a dyno for tuning.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3246 on: October 01, 2018, 11:11:33 PM »
I don’t think it would freak out with the traction control off. That would make it difficult to put it on a dyno for tuning.

Well, by "freak out" I just mean the "light show" where it throws the error and flashes the ultra-bright red light and flashes codes on the screen.  Even if it were to do this with TC off (and I am not sure it would), it shouldn't affect the operation or running of the bike while it is happening.  But yeah, perhaps it is not an issue at all with TC off.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #3247 on: October 17, 2018, 11:50:53 PM »
Well, I am officialy "un-kaw-ed". Sold my 2008 Connie yesterday with about 63500Km on the dials. The new owner is collecting her this afternoon.

Pulled the trigger on a "full house" 2012 K1600GT with 30000Km on the dials yesterday. GPS alone is about ZAR13000.00 (about USD910 at current exchange rate)

Problem is that I can only get the B'mer in 2 weeks time. I have to fly to Johannesburg (1H40min flight), and ride her back to Port Elizabeth (1200Km trip). Looking forward to that 10 hour ride home though.

You guys mind if I still stick around? I must admit I enjoy the company.... :chugbeer: :chugbeer:
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3248 on: October 18, 2018, 12:41:03 AM »
You guys mind if I still stick around? I must admit I enjoy the company.... :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Works for me.  Hopefully you won't encounter any of the reliability issues on the K1600 that seem prevalent!  See also: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?board=11.0

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3249 on: October 18, 2018, 04:39:17 PM »
We'll need pics of the beemer.

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #3250 on: October 18, 2018, 10:43:37 PM »
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #3251 on: October 18, 2018, 10:48:46 PM »
Even had an oil pressure guage fitted.....

Of cause, I'll have to save a lot of money, before having those horrible cannons on the sides replaced, with something a bit easier on the eyes....
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #3252 on: October 19, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »

Nice ride.  Congrats.

Is that a temperature gauge?    It says *C.

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #3253 on: October 21, 2018, 10:44:33 PM »
Nice ride.  Congrats.

Is that a temperature gauge?    It says *C.

Yes it is an oil temp gauge. Will find out what the story behind it is once I collect the bike.

Gonna be a long ass 2 weeks..... Only collecting Nov 2nd....
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #3254 on: October 28, 2018, 06:54:44 PM »
Took my girlfriend out to Bell Mountain followed by lunch at Helen, GA this morning. Then came home and replaced both final drive and engine oil. It's my first oil change since owning the bike. The final drive fill plug was way too tight, had to use a tire iron and a crescent wrench to loosen it after bending a couple washers and quarters. Tightened it back to a human amount, should be much easier next time.

Trying Rotella for the first time, we'll see how it feels.
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3255 on: November 13, 2018, 06:25:41 AM »
Washed the bike, took it for a short ride to dry it off and fill with gas, added 2.5 oz of Sta-bil during the fill up. Brought her home, changed the oils (motor and rear end) ran her for a few mins and then pulled the battery. In place of the battery I left a little present for the rodents in my garage, a nice fresh bit of mouse killer. 

A word to the wise. If rodents are a possible issue for your bike pull the battery and check the battery compartment. Three years in a row I've found a mouse nest along with a stash of bird seeds behind the battery.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3256 on: November 13, 2018, 04:27:53 PM »
Maybe you should plastic wrap up the bike or something?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3257 on: November 13, 2018, 04:48:25 PM »
Maybe you should plastic wrap up the bike or something?
saran or glad?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3258 on: November 13, 2018, 05:21:21 PM »

Offline Hexrays

« Reply #3259 on: November 13, 2018, 07:07:35 PM »
Installed 2 PIAA Sports Horns.
2014 C14, Risers, Cee Bailey Windshield, Givi Top case, GTR Ultra Series LED's, PIAA Sports Horns, Kuryakyn Passenger ISO Pegs.