Author Topic: Whats the best cruise control option?  (Read 36142 times)

Offline GPz1100

• Arena
  • Red is Faster
Re: Whats the best cruise control option?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 10:18:05 AM »
yeah. brian did. if you look over on murphs site he had the step by step listed over there

Offline jayke

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »
Had anyone done up a step by step tutorial on how to mount one on a C14?

Look over at Murphs:http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/docs/Rostra%20install.htm

Offline gflint

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
Brian's step-by-step is great.  It took me a week to get the thing working because some of the colors were different but I am not very smart.  The Rosta has the right price and works.  There is a bit of drilling required on the throttle body lever but if I can do anybody can.
Keep it simple - if no one has shot at me or tried to blow me up it is a good day.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 10:31:31 AM »
Yeah, as others have said, the tutorial w/ photos is over on Murph's site. Make sure you get the most recent update though, I believe it was dated 29 March.

Brian

Had anyone done up a step by step tutorial on how to mount one on a C14?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Wanderlust

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 10:37:13 AM »
I love my MC Cruise Control.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, Hey, is there room in your head for one more?

Offline topsy_t

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »
+1 on Rostra.  Got a brand new one on ebay for $105 last fall.
'11 Ninja 1K
'07 Tuono

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »
Now would  be a  great time for Brian to announce that the cruise control he's been working on is finished and ready for distribution....  :P
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 08:22:56 PM »
Now would  be a  great time for Brian to announce that the cruise control he's been working on is finished and ready for distribution....  :P

Yes indeed it would be a good time...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 08:55:27 PM »
You guys have been great waiting for this thing to hit the market. I have been on the slow side, and several things have gotten in the way. The next things in the way are the trip to PA (COG spring fling), a trip to the other coast to see my son, and finally the trip to the Mouse- mont for the national COG event . I appreciate those waiting for this product.

The project is just too involved to move quickly: there is the design, material, legalities (including patents), then the alpha testing, followed by the beta testing. Once enough hours have been applied to the device I can move forward and sell it to the public at large. It has been a long journey, probably announced too early but the project continues on. I still believe it will be a great device and will satisfy even the hard -core and most demanding user.

So I thank you for your support, and gracefully take the occasional poke in the eye.We are nearing the end of the design cycle, where the product, ready or not, goes into public hands for testing.

Again, I thank everyone for their support- you people have really been great through this whole project.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Bob

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 03:08:36 AM »
You guys have been great waiting for this thing to hit the market.
<snip - the rest of the BS>
Brian

You guys are being suckered. Don't you realize it's all been a long running April fools joke? Brian is obviously an employee of Kawasaki and has no intention of doing anything but bump up sales and profits for Kawasaki! The real mission behind the mystery wonder CC is to keep you from spending money with someone else. They really want to get you to buy offical Kawasaki accesories or a newer C14! They don't even plan to release a cruise control! April fools! Sorry Brian, I  couldn't let you con these nice people anymore. It's been two years now!   :o
 By the way, I bet you didn't realize Brian and Mark are actually a team. Good Kawasaki employee, bad Kawasaki employee!   :rotflmao:

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 03:22:43 AM »
 :goodpost:   :rotflmao:
T.S.R.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »
Shouldn't you be polishing your Hardley? Maybe trying to get the last of the baffles out of the pipes?

That is an amusing post though.  :D  I am surprised you didn't mention Otto though.

Brian

You guys are being suckered. Don't you realize it's all been a long running April fools joke? Brian is obviously an employee of Kawasaki and has no intention of doing anything but bump up sales and profits for Kawasaki! The real mission behind the mystery wonder CC is to keep you from spending money with someone else. They really want to get you to buy offical Kawasaki accesories or a newer C14! They don't even plan to release a cruise control! April fools! Sorry Brian, I  couldn't let you con these nice people anymore. It's been two years now!   :o
 By the way, I bet you didn't realize Brian and Mark are actually a team. Good Kawasaki employee, bad Kawasaki employee!   :rotflmao:

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 06:29:22 AM »
Ok, this should get some responses for folks to use the search feature later down the road on this forum...

I would really like to get the MCcruise, but man it's not cheap, $1k, yikes...  :o

http://www.mccruise.com/Kawasaki-Z1400GTR-Concours-Cruise-Control.html

What do you guys have, use, recommend, hate...

:popcorn:

this is what my brother uses on his ST1300 and he swears by it.  i justneed to save to get it!.....$1k is EXPAANNSIVE :o

Bob

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 06:44:05 AM »
Shouldn't you be polishing your Hardley? Maybe trying to get the last of the baffles out of the pipes?

That is an amusing post though.  :D  I am surprised you didn't mention Otto though.

Brian

:offtopic: I know were off topic!

I almost did. But he didn't really come into play in the topic.  Besides, most of the new people really don't have any idea about the estate and your man servant. Otto and the estate would be more in a post about your home life. This was about corporate affairs!   :D

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 11:08:57 AM »
Still OFFTOPIC

Yeah, Otto and the estate tend to come up more during the months of August through June, when your bikes are laid up for the 'winter' and you are cozy in your Snuggie....

;D

Brian

:offtopic: I know were off topic!

I almost did. But he didn't really come into play in the topic.  Besides, most of the new people really don't have any idea about the estate and your man servant. Otto and the estate would be more in a post about your home life. This was about corporate affairs!   :D

Offline koval68

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 12:04:04 PM »
:goodpost: Great post, Cap'n.   :rotflmao:
You will be rewarded for that post in Wellsboro with a real Canadian maple syrup lollipop.
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Bob

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 02:20:39 PM »
Still off topic yet:  It sounds like that Snuggie could come in handy with the cold rainy weather we'll probably be getting at Wellsboro!  ;D

Still OFFTOPIC

Yeah, Otto and the estate tend to come up more during the months of August through June, when your bikes are laid up for the 'winter' and you are cozy in your Snuggie....

;D

Brian

Offline stuckinohio

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »

And I was going to say the same thing also!

Offline Stu57

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 07:27:44 AM »
The very reason I joined this group is this thread. I have just completed my own rosta cruise install and want to thank Brian and Murphs kits for the installation page. This kits works great. Thanks

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 10:54:22 AM »
Thanks for the kind words and glad to be of help if I can.

Very old thread but glad to hear you got the CC installed and it is working well for you! Best of luck with it.

Brian

The very reason I joined this group is this thread. I have just completed my own rosta cruise install and want to thank Brian and Murphs kits for the installation page. This kits works great. Thanks