Author Topic: Group Buy A&R Motorsports HID Kit  (Read 11270 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Group Buy A&R Motorsports HID Kit
« on: January 10, 2012, 02:38:40 PM »
From Patrick, A&R Motorsports

I just set up a coupon code for you guys to use. It will give you a $5 discount on the kit and free shipping. Just use the discount code "farkle" to receive the discount.

If you would like to do a group buy we can do $115 shipped if we get 10 or more.

-Patrick

Details:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6120.0

Note:  I ain't running this so if someone wants to take over, please do so.  It will give you positive Karma.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Spanky

Re: Group Buy A&R Motorsports HID Kit
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 05:04:17 PM »
I have the A&R kit and I like it. Significantly more light than the stock headlights. Good price on a very good quality kit.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:22:08 PM »
  I ain't running this so if someone wants to take over, please do so.  It will give you positive Karma.

I know I'm going to regret this, but I'll do it. I stopped in at A&R and met with Pat and we talked. I also purchased a Hid set
for my '10 connie, which I have yet to install.
I will first get a list of at least 10 people, including their username, real name,email address, physical address, and color temp desired.(PM me)
When I have at least ten, then I will put out the call for money. Pat made it clear that this needs to be a cash deal, so no credit cards and no paypal. Don't want to send me money, fine I don't care. I will PM my contact info (phone#s, address etc.) when I make the money call. I'm only doing this because I want to pay back this board for all the info I received both before and after I purchased my connie, and because I'm here in Fort Worth and have actually walked into A&R and talked to Pat. If Pat changes the payment options that will be (really) fine with me. I understand if you don't want to send someone (me) money that you don't know (again me). Personally I wouldn't do it if one of you were offering, as it's a lot of hassle to save $5.00.
The HIDS will be shipped by A&R so you will have a customer relationship with them in case of warranty issues. 

If someone has done this before and can see where I've made a mistake, please speak right up. Pat feel free to chime in as well.

V'Jim, is there a guaranty on that positive Karma?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 04:34:23 AM »
Cash deal?  That's strange and a new one here.  Based on what I've read what Pat has wrote here I think he's a stand up guy but to save 5 bucks to go through all that?  We'll see how many pre-orders you get.  I haven't had any problems with any members here on deals but it's been paypal or other than cash.  Things happen and you may be stuck holding the bag which I hope doesn't happen.  We're basically talking about the credit card charge so this isn't much of a deal considering what he's helping us out with now without the cash deal.  Good luck with this and I say that without any sarcasm involved.  I appreciate you running this.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:07:32 AM »
Cash deal?  That's strange and a new one here.  Based on what I've read what Pat has wrote here I think he's a stand up guy but to save 5 bucks to go through all that?  We'll see how many pre-orders you get.  I haven't had any problems with any members here on deals but it's been paypal or other than cash.  Things happen and you may be stuck holding the bag which I hope doesn't happen.  We're basically talking about the credit card charge so this isn't much of a deal considering what he's helping us out with now without the cash deal.  Good luck with this and I say that without any sarcasm involved.  I appreciate you running this.

Yeah I agree, with the "FARKLE" discount code, $120.00 shipped isn't bad. Hopefully I'll get mine installed this weekend, got to do some other chores first though or it's the dog house for me.

Offline aandrmotorsport

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »

Basically because he is a Texas resident we have to charge taxes, now if he brings in cash I can cover the taxes because I don't have to pay for credit card processing. I would have to charge everyone tax because he was doing the money collecting, on the books it shows as a large in state purchase that I have to pay taxes on.

In all honesty, the Farkle deal will likely work out better for everyone involved. If fartymarty would like to run the group buy I am 100% on board with that, but I do know how much of a pain a group buy can be.

-Patrick

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »
In on the promo deal. This looks to be both quality and value based on the opinions of the board.

Thanks,
Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 07:47:36 PM »
Great quality product and Patrick is A1 to deal with, got mine last week! If I would've waited I'd been in on this deal.  8)

Cheers
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 10:24:55 PM »

In all honesty, the Farkle deal will likely work out better for everyone involved.

Agreed. However.....

If fartymarty would like to run the group buy I am 100% on board with that.

Yep, I said I would, and I will. (I ain't no promise breaking politician. ;D )

In on the promo deal.
Thanks,
Mike
By Promo deal do you mean the "farkle" discount or the group buy?

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »
By Promo deal do you mean the "farkle" discount or the group buy?

In on the "farkle" deal would have been worded better.  ;)

Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
OK, Thanks Mike for the clarification.  ;)

Well, we're back to zero :(. I'll hang on this for a month or two, or until A&R or V'Jim decide to kill it,
which ever comes first.