Author Topic: Thurs FLA Departure for RWTW Thread  (Read 1666 times)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Thurs FLA Departure for RWTW Thread
« on: March 17, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »
Alrighty then. Departure point will be from the same place as last year, Swampy's Bar and Grill in Ocala. They open for breakfast at 7am, we'll try to be on the road by 8. They are on the NW corner of the US27 exit on I-75. Linky with a small map:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34496-d3683744-Reviews-Swampy_s_Bar_Grill_Ocala-Ocala_Florida.html

There is a Shell station next door, so we can all leave with a full tank.

Note: please let me know who is going to meet up as I plan to call ahead at Swampy's to let them be ready for the ravenous bunch of badA$$ biker dudes and dudettes rumbling north from mid Flowriduh.

Depending on the number of folks showing up, we may leave in two flights, with the go fasters leaving a minute or two early.

Last year, we stopped at exit 201, south of Atlanta to meet up, lunch up, then split up for the final push to Wildcat. It worked out well, so let's do it again, meet at the Q joint on the NW side of the interchange. I think we got there about 1:30 last year, somebody with a better memory please feel free to step in and correct me here. Also, you may want to get some extra chow for supper that night, as Wildcat closes at 530 or 6. Nothing says fine living like having Q twice a day.  :thumbs: I should have a camp stove along to reheat your goodies if you want.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

devilboy

Re: Thurs FLA Departure for RWTW Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
Enjoy the ride and the event.  I am getting ready for 6-8 weeks downtime to fix my back once and for all.
Ride Safe

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Re: Thurs FLA Departure for RWTW Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »
Enjoy the ride and the event.  I am getting ready for 6-8 weeks downtime to fix my back once and for all.
Ride Safe
It would be nice to be done with it, hopefully it goes well.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)