Author Topic: Daytona Bike Week  (Read 3683 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Daytona Bike Week
« on: February 14, 2013, 03:07:58 PM »
If I lived anywhere near Daytona I'd be all over this. Ride their demo bikes and run the dyno drag. I ran a dyno drag once on my Valkyrie and it was a blast. Would love to do it on the C14.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
Re: Daytona Bike Week
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:31:19 AM »
I will be there .....  ;D
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:45:07 AM »
I live here and ride the demo rides and hang out at the Kawasaki tent.I get my @ss kicked on the drag simulator all the time. There is always someone faster.
I regularly dyno my bikes up on US1 at Fun Machines. They block the street off and put on some great shows.This year I have to re dyno my 3 bikes. C10, C14 and KLR. They all have been recently  modified and I need to see how much they have been improved since the changes were made.

The new Versys 1000 should be there and the new ZX14r.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:05:52 AM by Daytona_Mike »
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

devilboy

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 09:19:02 AM »
I am about an hour and a bit away.  I will look for any   Concours activity in Daytona on the forums.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:33 AM »
When I lived in Daytona Beach, they would close off 11th street and turn it into a drag strip during bike week.  They also didn't much like 'rice burners' then, but I've heard it has become much more acceptable to be on a non-american bike these days.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »
I live an hour away & will be attending for the first time since ~1995.

Got no bike now, am in the market, & would like to test ride the C14 and ZX-14R.

Are the test rides held in the speedway's infield, speedway's parking, or somewhere else?

Plan to go on a weekday in hopes of shorter lines.

Thanks for whatever ya can tell me!

Offline Vic Salisbury

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 02:14:27 PM »
Demos are primarily along International Speedway, you'll see the line of manufacturers rigs and the bikes lined up. A couple of other manufacturers are over behind turn three, HD, Victory, Triumph, Boss Hoss I think? BMW used to do demos out of the BMW shop up by the water.
Vic Salisbury
COG #3673
'97 Concours "Grinch"
Sarasota, FL

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 11:15:01 PM »
Thanks Vic!

Do you happen to know if it's reasonable to expect to actually get to take a test ride? Or is it a deal where it's so busy you have no real chance? Or may have to wait in line 3 hours.

Offline curly

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 05:59:24 AM »
I'll be there Wed-Sat. To answer your question, I suggest if you can do the demo rides Mon thru Thursday. The wait on those days is minimal. Friday and Saturday a bit longer as the crowds increase.

Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

'09 in Black.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 09:54:27 AM »
I'll be there Wed-Sat. To answer your question, I suggest if you can do the demo rides Mon thru Thursday. The wait on those days is minimal. Friday and Saturday a bit longer as the crowds increase.

Sure wish I could be there.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 10:22:47 AM »

I'm "planning" to go Wed. Leave here in the morning, arrive around noon & HOPE there's a test-ride spot available.

Offline carlntia

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »
I was there on Sunday, and Kawasaki has 3 groups of bikes - by far the biggest group of demo bikes there (didn't check the Harley demos). I didn't count, but there are at least 10 bikes available per group even with the ride leaders taking bikes. The ROK hospitality tent is nice, and about the only food you will find at that end of the speedway unless you pack your own. 2 of 3  demo groups are sport style bikes. Kawi also has the best course with a surprising amount of curvy road.  Have fun - the ZX-14R was amazing!

Carl
2009 C14

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »
I will be there .....  ;D

Tell my friend Dan that works for Kawasaki I said hi.  Here we are at Daytona 2 years or so ago, he has ran the Dragon and Cheroholla with us too. You'll appreciate looking him up and shaking his hand, believe me.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »
I was there on Sunday, and Kawasaki has 3 groups of bikes - by far the biggest group of demo bikes there (didn't check the Harley demos). I didn't count, but there are at least 10 bikes available per group even with the ride leaders taking bikes. The ROK hospitality tent is nice, and about the only food you will find at that end of the speedway unless you pack your own. 2 of 3  demo groups are sport style bikes. Kawi also has the best course with a surprising amount of curvy road.  Have fun - the ZX-14R was amazing!

Carl

Your making me jealous!

Offline dolomoto

• '08 C14 "Hot, Nasty, Bad-Ass Speed"
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 05:21:55 PM »

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Looks like fun, I'm jealous of the weather...  :(
Thanks for sharing the pics DM, I enjoyed looking through em!  :chugbeer:

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 11:54:30 PM »