Author Topic: Unfinished Weekend projects  (Read 3187 times)

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
Unfinished Weekend projects
« on: May 29, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »
So the weather here was crappy all weekend so no riding for me.   What is even more disappointing is I wanted to get some pics of the new C-14 with GIVI E55 and Phil's Rack.  Phil also wanted me to get him a pic with the topcase mounted and my passenger in her seat.   Also wanted pics of Superhawk parts I wanted to sell.   Well long story short, I didn't get any pics taken, so therefore no "for sale" ads posted  :(   Really sick of all these extra car and bike parts sitting around in my garage.   Gotta get pics, get them listed, and get them sold.   Also, I still haven't posted a picture of my new Connie that I have had now for about 4 weeks.   Pathetic

Anyone else have any projects that they wanted to get done over the holiday weekend but didn't accomplish anything?

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: Unfinished Weekend projects
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:08:30 AM »
I wanted to get my rear wheel off and ready for the tire I ordered that is supposed to show up on Thursday.  Although the weather was good, except for today, I procrastinated too much.   :o  (Plus worked a double shift yesterday, and have another today, so I should get to it tomorrow...)
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:17:16 AM »
My wife asked me what I was going to do today, I told her nothing. She said that's what I did yesterday, I told her that I wasn't finished yet.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:31:52 AM »
 :chugbeer: Outstanding!
My wife asked me what I was going to do today, I told her nothing. She said that's what I did yesterday, I told her that I wasn't finished yet.

Offline bob14

• go forth and meet the shadowy future without fear
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
for those of you not familiar with a swamp cooler ( evaporative).....
PIA   :'( not good getting on the roof after a few beers on a windy day anyway ...right ???
2008 C14
COG 8211
AMA 848986
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 03:38:31 PM »
Actually, got most of my chores done over this long weekend (put up a fence, bunch of prep work on the motocross bike, TM on the Concours, clean the garage, etc.) PLUS put 100 miles on the Connie. And then a buddy and his wife over for the evening to tackle the beer surplus in the fridge.

Yeah, I know, you hate me. Whatever . . .

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 09:20:36 AM »
Wanted to spray house for ants, rained Friday, worked Sat, rained Sun, Holiday Mon, so no spray. I'm at work today, class tomorrow, maybe Thurs, supposed to be dry. We went from 40 and rainy last week to 92 on Monday with no rain for forseeable futre.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »
Long three-day weekend.  I had the absolute BEST intentions to get the patio blown off, get some bug spraying taken care, ya know just the minor stuff.  All I got done was the wife ;D
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »
Instead of finishing front end of Connie, I decided to tear out and replace the subfloor in my laundry room - well after everything dries out I will....  >:(
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »
Long three-day weekend.  I had the absolute BEST intentions to get the patio blown off, get some bug spraying taken care, ya know just the minor stuff.  All I got done was the wife ;D

At least you have your priorities right!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
Yea, that whole "work before play" thing is for the birds !!!
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 10:07:49 AM »
I did plenty of nothing, too. The problem with doing nothing is ya don't know when to stop.

Well, I did get the battery in the bike charged and synched the carbs. Still need to renew the plates.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »
Lets see.
Sat.: Did the weeding of the garden, mulched and strung up the tomato plants. Finished the wash, and entertained my grandson with some bike clean-up and him and I working on diff. packing techs. He is a master at packing the bike.
Sun.: 6am wake-up. on the road to Indy for the race @ 6am. Finished the day with 335  miles, a great race and a well deserved nights rest.
Mon.: Veged out at the house, cleanud up Hey Baby and did an evening ride while the wife knocked out some of her work on the puter.
It was a very god weekend.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?