Author Topic: Picking up my 2016 C14 today  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Jake

Picking up my 2016 C14 today
« on: May 22, 2020, 08:51:59 AM »
I have wanted one of these bikes since the original model Concours came out. I now have one, in addition to a Harley and a BMW.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Picking up my 2016 C14 today
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 09:14:40 AM »
Congrats!!!!

Welcome to the C14 fold!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 12:51:16 PM »
Welcome Jake 'From State Farm'!  Wearing Khakis today?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jake

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 05:38:23 PM »
I love that commercial!!!  I have just seen this, so sorry it took so long for a reply. 

Question:  I have a new lower seat from Saddleman on my C14 and I have the highway pegs in hand and the handlebar risers that I hope to install both tomorrow. I had a set of riders peg lowerers from AST that did not work out so I am looking for others.  I was about to order a set of Murph's when I saw mention in a YouTube install video on something or other that he had 'already installed the Buell footpegs...."  The Murph's are $92 and the Buell's on eBay are $49.99.  Can anyone comment on the two.  They both seem to have the same characteristics and do exactly the same thing to the same measurements.  The Murph's require I believe are purely remove - bolt on new - ride, but I seem to have seen mention somewhere of some grinding needed for I think the Buells.  Comments?

Offline FTB530

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 07:12:07 PM »
I love that commercial!!!  I have just seen this, so sorry it took so long for a reply. 

Question:  I have a new lower seat from Saddleman on my C14 and I have the highway pegs in hand and the handlebar risers that I hope to install both tomorrow. I had a set of riders peg lowerers from AST that did not work out so I am looking for others.  I was about to order a set of Murph's when I saw mention in a YouTube install video on something or other that he had 'already installed the Buell footpegs...."  The Murph's are $92 and the Buell's on eBay are $49.99.  Can anyone comment on the two.  They both seem to have the same characteristics and do exactly the same thing to the same measurements.  The Murph's require I believe are purely remove - bolt on new - ride, but I seem to have seen mention somewhere of some grinding needed for I think the Buells.  Comments?
I have Murph’s lowering pegs on my 16, I like them!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 08:41:10 AM »

I like it too, even though I have no name in the game. 

Since I need pegs that make the ground closer, I obviously have no personal experience here, but while you're waiting for someone with experience to show up:

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/lowering-footpegs-on-a-footpeg-lowering-kit/msg503572/#msg503572

If you use the Buell foot peg, replace the long "feeler" bolt with a very short one-bolt/screw.

I had to grind the top surface to fit.  I used a bolt because the Buell peg hole is larger than my pin.
If you need more leg room add the 2015 Concours Touring Seat.