Author Topic: My Connie of 10 years totaled.(new bike update last post)  (Read 28237 times)

Offline jamiemac

This is why I also converted my front turn signals to extra bright, "always on" yellow LED lights (they blink OFF when turning, instead of on).  Too many cars now have white lights on all the time and I want to look different than a car, and have a wider light pattern so I can be more easily seen, and from more angles, and not look as far away.

But yeah, for some drivers, nothing you do will matter.
Yeah, that last part. Ugh.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Be sure you get your helmet and gear covered by the ins adjuster.

Offline jamiemac

Be sure you get your helmet and gear covered by the ins adjuster.
Yeah? That's a thing? Thanks!!
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jamiemac

Took some video of the carnage.
https://youtu.be/saTLokvWK20

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Yeah? That's a thing?

Of course it is.  Helmet, jacket, pants, boots, gloves.  The gas you lost.  If your phone is damaged.  Communicator.  Any and all add-ons to the bike that were lost or not worth anything now.  ANYTHING that was damaged.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
However, if I let the level of tylenol in my system go down, the pain makes an appearance pretty quick.

Glad that works for you.  It is sold all over and pushed by healthcare workers everywhere.  But acetaminophen does absolutely nothing for me.... zilch, nada, zip.  It is 100% ineffective; might as well take a pill of chalk.  Interestingly, most people I know tell me the same thing- my Mom, sister, several friends, some coworkers.

Give me ibuprofen!  Not only does it work, it helps healing through anti-inflammatory action.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jamiemac

Glad that works for you.  It is sold all over and pushed by healthcare workers everywhere.  But acetaminophen does absolutely nothing for me.... zilch, nada, zip.  It is 100% ineffective; might as well take a pill of chalk.  Interestingly, most people I know tell me the same thing- my Mom, sister, several friends, some coworkers.

Give me ibuprofen!  Not only does it work, it helps healing through anti-inflammatory action.
I'd rather take Advil, but the VA told me to lay off them my last visit cause my kidney function numbers were higher than normal. So it's either kill your liver with tylenol, or your kidneys with Advil. Helluva choice. Tylenol does work ok for me right now, but I'd like to take less of the crap. It's not good for me, i know.

Offline connie_rider

If they total the bike, everything on it would go with it.
Check that they cover everything you have on it. 
 ie; Make a detailed list. Find current prices for the accessories.
If you plan to remove things,,, get some help and get it done before they give you a check.

Ted

Offline jamiemac

If they total the bike, everything on it would go with it.
Check that they cover everything you have on it. 
 ie; Make a detailed list. Find current prices for the accessories.
If you plan to remove things,,, get some help and get it done before they give you a check.

Ted
Also have no idea of the value of the scoot. Never figured on getting rid of her, so didn't really care what it was worth. Guess I'd better research it.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Generally, insurance companies go by the resale value of a comparably equipped vehicle.  In this case, at 2008 Kawa Concours with XX miles.  The use local ads, even Kelly blue book to determine how much to cut a check for.  And they almost always lowball you so be ready to counter. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Generally, insurance companies go by the resale value of a comparably equipped vehicle.  In this case, at 2008 Kawa Concours with XX miles.  The use local ads, even Kelly blue book to determine how much to cut a check for.  And they almost always lowball you so be ready to counter.

Can one insist on "replacement" instead of value?  For example, I have a silver 2011 in extremely good condition.  I wouldn't want "blue book value" I would want another silver 2011 in extremely good condition.  If that means paying 20% more than blue book and having to pay to get it shipped from another state, so be it- THAT is the actual cost.  And I would want their insurance company to pay that.  Probably not how it works, though.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
Can one insist on "replacement" instead of value?  For example, I have a silver 2011 in extremely good condition.  I wouldn't want "blue book value" I would want another silver 2011 in extremely good condition.  If that means paying 20% more than blue book and having to pay to get it shipped from another state, so be it- THAT is the actual cost.  And I would want their insurance company to pay that.  Probably not how it works, though.
I’m lucky in that I have USAA.  As an insurance company, they are far more reasonable/accommodating than most. 

In your case, you might be able to negotiate with your insurance co. for more money due to the difficulty of replacement.  You never know how things are going to be with your particular ins. co. until you’re faced with a claim like this.  From what I know of you from your writings here, Max, I am confident you would be successful in a negotiation with your ins. co.   :thumbs:
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Conniesaki

Took some video of the carnage.
https://youtu.be/saTLokvWK20

Boy that really crunched into a heap  :(

Offline jamiemac

Boy that really crunched into a heap  :(
Yep. The ignition still turns on, and the lower fork lights come on though. MondoMoto MM10 lights are tough!

Offline Conniesaki

Yep. The ignition still turns on, and the lower fork lights come on though. MondoMoto MM10 lights are tough!

... but not bright enough  >:(

Offline jamiemac

Offline jamiemac

Completely went off pain meds today. Pretty stoked about that.

Offline jamiemac

Just added up $3300 in aftermarket accessories I can remember. Dang. A lot of that stuff is still good. Only the Cee Bailey windscreen and the mirror mounted lights are squished, as far as I can tell. I think My Area P carbon fiber muffler is still like new. They are way more expensive now. The Skene Design switch under my fairing still works, or the MM10 lights wouldn't come on. Lots of good stuff still.

Offline jamiemac

Got a call from the other driver's insurance today. (Farm Bureau) The adjuster won't come to look at the bike until the 29th of May. I'm OK with that though. Won't be back in the saddle for a bit. I'm already missing it though.

On another note, I feel like I'm healing up remarkably well. I'm using my left arm/shoulder for more simple tasks, and the range of motion is increasing. The swelling in my right knee is going down. I have some concern about the weakness and pain in my left hand, and it hasn't really been addressed by the docs yet. I'll talk to the orthopedic dude about that on the 23d.

Just a little update for the crew. Thanks for the support, guys. Really appreciate it.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
Got a call from the other driver's insurance today. (Farm Bureau) The adjuster won't come to look at the bike until the 29th of May. I'm OK with that though. Won't be back in the saddle for a bit. I'm already missing it though.

On another note, I feel like I'm healing up remarkably well. I'm using my left arm/shoulder for more simple tasks, and the range of motion is increasing. The swelling in my right knee is going down. I have some concern about the weakness and pain in my left hand, and it hasn't really been addressed by the docs yet. I'll talk to the orthopedic dude about that on the 23d.

Just a little update for the crew. Thanks for the support, guys. Really appreciate it.

Glad to hear you’re healing up well.  Wrist injuries are a mofo.  They take a long time to heal.  It sucks that the insurance adjuster won’t be there until the 29th, since it’s obviously totaled.