Author Topic: Tire Repair (Dyan Plug) article By Fred Harmon  (Read 8798 times)

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

Tire Repair (Dyan Plug) article By Fred Harmon
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »
Wanted to share this with the group.

Article By Fred Harmon (URL) Below

http://www.dynaplug.com/mcn.html

2008 C14 GTR1400 AKA "Connie"

Offline Tom Kirk

Re: Tire Repair (Dyan Plug) article By Fred Harmon
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »
Thanks, just ordered one for each bike.

Offline usttobee50

• She rides a Harley,and I thought I wanted a C-14
Re: Tire Repair (Dyan Plug) article By Fred Harmon
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »
Wanted to share this with the group.

Article By Fred Harmon (URL) Below

http://www.dynaplug.com/mcn.html

As a recent user of DynaPlug, I can say it is the easiest device ever for plugging leaks in tubeless MC tires. That said, Ill' tell you of my personal experience using DynaPlug
I had a small rivet in the rear tire of my 2011 C-14, losing appx 10psi a day. I ordered the DynaPlug from Amazon ( couldn't find one locally). It worked just as described in the instructions, leak fixed. This was Much simpler and cheaper than removing the tire or purchasing a new one. (only had 816 miles on the bike) bummer on a new bike. So, I figured I would keep a close check on the repair and see how long it would last, no long trips, high speed, etc. This lasted for 800 miles, then a small leak developed. I thought why not use another plug. Did this, and it held for another 120 miles. Now small leak again. My advise, is use this for quick roadside repairs not for long term repair. I think that is the general consensus of opinion anyway. I will remove the tire and patch it from inside, as I had done on many tubeless tires. The puncture in my tire is a simple straight in hole, and I feel an inside repair is adequate. I think the flexing and movement of the steel cord eventually severs the plug and the leak results. This is a very quick and easy fix to get off the side of the road and continue your ride, and do a more permanent repair ASAP 8)
[/size]
Ride Safe....Usttobee50
2005 Mean Streak, Pearl Magma Red
2011 C-14, Atomic Silver