Author Topic: Glad that's over with...  (Read 2393 times)

Joncon11

Glad that's over with...
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:16:37 PM »
After 13+ years of riding motorcycles it finally happened, I dropped it (I have crashed the hell out of a few though). This was my first low speed/no speed drop. I was backing out of my spot in the garage and it started to go and I just let it. Damage...about that, two weeks ago I just installed the horrible, ugly, pointless MC Enterprise crash bars. I had a strange sense of calm come over me as it was going down, and when it was over the ugly, pointless crash bars had prevented any and all damage. Now that the first one has happened, I don't really worry about it anymore.

My name is Jon and I'm a motorcycle dropper...

Offline Conrad

Re: Glad that's over with...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »
Hi Jon, and welcome. At least you got the order of protection installation correct. I installed mine after I dropped it. D'oh!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Joncon11

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »
Hi Jon, and welcome. At least you got the order of protection installation correct. I installed mine after I dropped it. D'oh!

Bummer! I was so worried about it up until it happened. The bike weighs 5 times what I do and knew it was only a matter of time, that's why I bought the protection for it. The funny thing is that it was precariously placed on the center stand and jack stands with both wheels off in order to change the tires for about a week without incident. The first time I take it out after getting it put together I do this. Meh...no damage, no worries.

Offline wendel

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 08:15:47 AM »
Makes my decision to have bought in the group buy of MCE Bars much better. I liked your statement about a sense of calm when you realized you could not stop the drop. It was the most frustrating part of owning the 2008, and one of the reasons I left the C14 for a short period.
2012 C14