Author Topic: Tony's I-75 Restaurant  (Read 3779 times)

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Tony's I-75 Restaurant
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:24:11 AM »
Has anyone here heard of or better yet ate at Tony's I-75 Restaurant in Birch Run MI ???

I've seen the place on the Food Channel and it sounds like a fun place to check out for the novelty of it as they serve absolute huge servings; like their BLT has at least a pound of BACON on it.

Now checking them out on the internet the reviews range from crazy in love with the place to could not be worse if fed dog meat.

I understand that it's a roadside diner and I don't expect top shelf food from these kind of places but I also don't want to waste my time and money going there if it's really bad.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Re: Tony's I-75 Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:36:36 AM »
Look at it this way:if people keep ging back to McD's, Jack in the Box, etc how bad can Tony's be?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Cavediver

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:46:26 PM »
T Cro, as close as you are, I'm surprised you haven't been there. The original was in Saginaw. The one at the Birch Road exit has been there for years. Like you said the novelty is the amout of food you get. Thier motto used to be "we don't have time to count to three", for the bacon. Not the best food but you get alot.

Jack

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »
T Cro, as close as you are, I'm surprised you haven't been there. The original was in Saginaw. The one at the Birch Road exit has been there for years. Like you said the novelty is the amout of food you get. Thier motto used to be "we don't have time to count to three", for the bacon. Not the best food but you get alot.

Jack

This will be our first mini vacation trip to that side of the state; so I thought what the heck it should be worth the belly ache.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline booger

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 05:19:40 PM »

Jack

I've never had bad bacon.....some is just better than others. ;D

Offline Ziggie

• Arena
  • C-10, V-Strom, WR 250R, 1200 Multistrada
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »
like their BLT has at least a pound of BACON on it.

You're going to **** like a bear;

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »

:rotflmao:   :rotflmao:   :rotflmao:   :rotflmao:
Tony P. Crochet

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »
Yep, Tony,  BTDT!!!!!   Like some of the others have posted, it's just another coney.....  On 2nd thought, you might want to stop there for a banana split & share it w/ the missus.  IIRC, they use about 1/2 gallon of ice cream for that monster...  Nope, never tried that one..  One order of chili cheese french fries just about did me in :P    Haven't been there in about 3-4 years though...

p.s. where else are you visiting on the sunshine side of the mitt?
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »
p.s. where else are you visiting on the sunshine side of the mitt?

Going to go spend a couple days down at Linda's Lighthouse Inn B&B in Algonac and rubber neck the Saint Clair River up toward Port Sanilac on Lake Huron or higher..... I've been looking at the shoreline via the water there for the last 15 years so I figure its time to do it the other way around.
Tony P. Crochet