Author Topic: Group Rides  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
Group Rides
« on: August 26, 2018, 08:35:44 AM »
Anyone on this site ever organize a group ride? Maybe a Concours Meet or anything in between? I saw a YouTube video from a few years back where someone organized a meet at Maggie Valley, but I think that was all done thru the other site.

Reason I ask is because I organized a group ride we went on yesterday with 9 guys from the Victory site. We had an absolute blast! We rode route 33 from Orange, VA to Seneca Rocks, WV to a pizza joint out there. I did 407 miles round trip.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to get together with some of you for a ride sometime. I’m just wondering if there is any interest.

On a side note, I saw six C14’s on that route yesterday, so I know there are several C14’s in Virginia.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Group Rides
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 10:03:02 AM »
I'm in central Arkansas and ready for a group ride or two, especially since I'm entering semi-retirement in a few weeks. And it'll also get a wee bit cooler, which will help.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 03:10:56 PM »
I have one C14 and 1 Indian.  I live in VA.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 02:57:32 PM »
There are a bunch of rides organized on the "other" site.  http://forum.cog-online.org/  Probably not allowed to mention that here.  Oops.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 03:32:45 PM »
Of course you can.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 04:51:52 PM »
I was MSTA State Director for Louisiana for 10 years and organized many lunch rides over that span. Always lots of fun but our membership is kinda spread around the state so we usually only got 5 or 6 at the most. But that is actually a better number than trying to keep 10 or 12 together.

I attended a COG ride organized by the AAD but only he and I showed up.
I am retired and always up for a group ride if I have no other commitments. Baton Rouge area.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 05:58:10 PM »
Anyone on this site ever organize a group ride? Maybe a Concours Meet or anything in between? I saw a YouTube video from a few years back where someone organized a meet at Maggie Valley, but I think that was all done thru the other site.

Reason I ask is because I organized a group ride we went on yesterday with 9 guys from the Victory site. We had an absolute blast! We rode route 33 from Orange, VA to Seneca Rocks, WV to a pizza joint out there. I did 407 miles round trip.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to get together with some of you for a ride sometime. I’m just wondering if there is any interest.

On a side note, I saw six C14’s on that route yesterday, so I know there are several C14’s in Virginia.

there are actually 36 COG members currently in Va., and as states go, they are VERY active in the rides thing.. (and yes, you can mention anything relating to COG rides HERE... as this WAS the original COG website...((thanks always to Rck H.))
I moved back to Ohio in 2011.. and my state is a bit 'anemic' compared to my Va. group, but we always had good stuff going on... and coupled with the venue..(awesome Va. places to ride), never had a loss for 'just jumping on the bike and going somewhere.... to get away...'

not too many places that you can have breakfast in one state, and have lunch in one of 5 other states, and depending on you go, and what you want, see the ocean, or ride obscure mountains and national forest twisties between them all.. add in the history of the United States, as we know it today, and how it was formed.. it's a winner.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »
there are actually 36 COG members currently in Va., and as states go, they are VERY active in the rides thing.. (and yes, you can mention anything relating to COG rides HERE... as this WAS the original COG website.

I am also VA, although I have never had any involvement with COG.

not too many places that you can have breakfast in one state [like VA], and have lunch in one of 5 other states, and depending on you go, and what you want, see the ocean, or ride obscure mountains and national forest twisties between them all.. add in the history of the United States, as we know it today, and how it was formed.. it's a winner.

It is a nice place.  There is such a broad mix of interesting places, culture, history, terrain, people.  One hour you can be in a big city, the next out in winding country roads, or a huge forest, a mountain range, a picture-perfect valley, surrounded by swamps, watching the ocean, winding around the bay, following a river, stuck in a big open plain, riding through a tunnel or bridge, or super-highway, a cobblestone or brick road, or just a barely paved and unpainted nothing.  Hot, cold, wet, dry, fast, slow, high, low, expensive, cheap, it seems most anything can be found.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 09:28:40 PM »
Anyone on this site ever organize a group ride?...

You mean like a national ride? I've done one, assisted on several. Huge undertaking, huge. Plan on 50 and 400 show up. Plan on 400 and 50 show up. Host hotel/camping, food, route sheets, ...

If a casual semi-organized ride, I might suggest posting an event on the calendar here. Link is near the top of every page.

Fill in date and time, meet up point, things to see/do, an RSVP to ?? so the leader has a rough idea. Lunch runs are always popular. If you have a few turn out, and have the time/resources, post another one!

All group rides start with one participant, getting the word out is key :)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 05:54:10 PM »
Just trying to gauge interest right now. Probably start small. Virginia and surrounding states if anyone is interested. If we have a good turn out, I would expand it to different areas and run it similar to the M109 Mid Atlantic Meet

I help organize the M109Riders.com Mid Atlantic Meet that draws riders from the eastern half of the US and Canada, so I know what is involved.

Post up if you are interested in a Virginia ride / meet. Most likely riding out into
WV and back, similar to the ride we did out to Senaca Rocks.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 02:34:43 PM »
I'd be interested but for a day ride and that would have to be on Sundays.   Working most Saturday's.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.