Author Topic: Show us your Canyon Cage  (Read 143777 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Show us your Canyon Cage
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »
Ryan, I sent an email and then several additional emails with photos of my 2009 with the Ronnies Pegs.  It looks as if the lower bar drops down farther as it directs to the rear mounting position.  Could you check out my photos and see if they help with the Gen 1 fitment.  Thanks.

I saw your other posting.  To me, it looks like Ronnie's pegs are not going to be compatible with the gen 1 canyons.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2012, 04:51:52 PM »
Ryan, I sent an email and then several additional emails with photos of my 2009 with the Ronnies Pegs.  It looks as if the lower bar drops down farther as it directs to the rear mounting position.  Could you check out my photos and see if they help with the Gen 1 fitment.  Thanks.

I'll be sure to check out the photos when I get back in the office on Monday morning. As is, it appears as though they're not going to work together but there may be some sort of small change we can make to either the Canyon Cage or the pegs themselves. I'll look into this on Monday when I have a chance to check out the photos. Also, I went into this in another thread as well, but maybe we can set up a "guinea pig" arrangement for you to test both products because you already have the pegs. We can speak more on Monday when I have a chance to see the photos and I respond to your email. Thanks for all the photos though!

I saw your other posting.  To me, it looks like Ronnie's pegs are not going to be compatible with the gen 1 canyons.

Yea, I totally agree. However, they may work with some small modifications!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2012, 07:29:21 PM »
I'll be sure to check out the photos when I get back in the office on Monday morning. As is, it appears as though they're not going to work together but there may be some sort of small change we can make to either the Canyon Cage or the pegs themselves. I'll look into this on Monday when I have a chance to check out the photos. Also, I went into this in another thread as well, but maybe we can set up a "guinea pig" arrangement for you to test both products because you already have the pegs. We can speak more on Monday when I have a chance to see the photos and I respond to your email.

You are so reasonable it is insane :)

I can certainly understand 556Alpha's concern- since Ronnie's Pegs are extremely nice and pretty dern expensive.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2012, 10:33:17 AM »
You are so reasonable it is insane :)

I can certainly understand 556Alpha's concern- since Ronnie's Pegs are extremely nice and pretty dern expensive.

Hahahahaha why thank you, maxtog! I'm just trying to be as fair as I can be! Besides, it'd be worth it to find out for sure whether or not they'll work together because a lot of people out there have Ronnies Pegs. I'm just hoping there's a small, easy modification we can make so they'll work together.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2012, 10:44:07 AM »
Ryan,

I sent ya a PM but figured someone else may want to know as well so they could be the tester.  I decided to sell the Ronnie's Pegs, they are great out of the box and I didn't see a way to modify them.  I also looked at the photos of the bike laid over and the initial touching points are down low (where they would interfere with the pegs).  Obviously I would want the max protection and modifying the bars by raising the lowest point would cause the bike to lay over more and come to a rest later causing possible damage.  Long story short I will attach a set of pegs to the Canyon Cages.  Not my favorite option but probably the most functional.  Maybe someone else will decide they want to find a way to make these work together.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 08:42:04 AM »
Ryan,

I sent ya a PM but figured someone else may want to know as well so they could be the tester.  I decided to sell the Ronnie's Pegs, they are great out of the box and I didn't see a way to modify them.  I also looked at the photos of the bike laid over and the initial touching points are down low (where they would interfere with the pegs).  Obviously I would want the max protection and modifying the bars by raising the lowest point would cause the bike to lay over more and come to a rest later causing possible damage.  Long story short I will attach a set of pegs to the Canyon Cages.  Not my favorite option but probably the most functional.  Maybe someone else will decide they want to find a way to make these work together.

Alrighty, that sounds good to me. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that because they wouldn't work together but I hope you're happy with your final set up! Thanks again!

EDIT: I want to see more pictures of the Canyon Cages and Saddle Bag Guards mounted on some bikes! C'mon guys!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2012, 09:22:24 AM »
Can't ride with out the bags anymore.  :doublepuke:

Oh well, glad I have them   :D

Offline Texas Concours14

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2012, 12:11:22 PM »
I would like to show photos of the mounted cages but I can't loosen the 10 mm socket flange head bolts on either side of the engine (steps 4 and 10).  Liquid wrench penetrating oil hasn't helped.  I am either going to apply max torque to the socket wrench and risk stripping the sockets, or go to the local dealer and pay them $100/hour rate to loosen the bolts (and fix any stripped bolts that they cause).  Anyone else encounter this problem?  Any solutions other than brute force?

The side bags went on relatively easily, after drilling out the holes on the passenger foot pegs just a bit so that the 6 mm screws would pass through.

Good workmanship on this product!

2010 C14 ABS

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2012, 01:03:15 PM »
Anyone else encounter this problem?  Any solutions other than brute force?
I  had to use a breaker bar.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2012, 01:08:40 PM »
I would like to show photos of the mounted cages but I can't loosen the 10 mm socket flange head bolts on either side of the engine (steps 4 and 10).  Liquid wrench penetrating oil hasn't helped.  I am either going to apply max torque to the socket wrench and risk stripping the sockets, or go to the local dealer and pay them $100/hour rate to loosen the bolts (and fix any stripped bolts that they cause).  Anyone else encounter this problem?  Any solutions other than brute force?

The side bags went on relatively easily, after drilling out the holes on the passenger foot pegs just a bit so that the 6 mm screws would pass through.

Good workmanship on this product!

I just spoke with my technician about this and he's saying just put a bit more muscle into it! You should be able to break those loose without stripping the sockets if you use an extension or breaker bar on your wrench. Keep up updated and let me know how it goes!

Offline Texas Concours14

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2012, 02:05:57 PM »
Gumbi and Ryan, many thanks for the suggestion.  Bought a breaker bar and it worked like a charm.  Red threadlocker on screw. Torque is a wonderful thing, as is the helpful advice on this forum.  Thanks again.
2010 C14 ABS

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
Gumbi and Ryan, many thanks for the suggestion.  Bought a breaker bar and it worked like a charm.  Red threadlocker on screw. Torque is a wonderful thing, as is the helpful advice on this forum.  Thanks again.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out! Kind of a bummer that you had to go out and buy a breaker bar, though. I probably would have tried to use a metal vacuum tube or something hahahahaha. Either way, glad to hear you got it figured out.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »
Every time I've bought a tool I just think, "The next job will be cheaper."  LOL  That's what I keep telling myself.....
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 06:41:37 PM »
One can never have to many tools. I almost went broke when I was wrenching on RV's, the Snap-On truck can be evil.

Offline kawacop1642

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:41 AM »
Cages with added highway pegs. Talk about total comfort!

Offline kawacop1642

« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »
More Pics

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2012, 08:30:11 AM »
Looking good...nice pegs.   JP
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline Conrad

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2012, 08:33:12 AM »
Cages with added highway pegs. Talk about total comfort!

The bars look great but what happened to the right side of your bike man? That's some serious rash you got there. Too bad your bars didn't come a lil sooner eh?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2012, 08:56:25 AM »
More Pics

Wow, those really look great! Do you think we could get some photos from a bit farther away that shows the whole bike in the photo? It's a bit easier to get an idea of how the bars look when the entire bike is in the picture. I appreciate the close up shots too but do you think you could snap some from a bit farther away as well?

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »
More Pics
Where did you buy those pegs?