Author Topic: Show us your Canyon Cage  (Read 143740 times)

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
Re: Show us your Canyon Cage
« Reply #220 on: July 05, 2012, 09:51:07 AM »
Here I was thinking Orange when the white is super sexy....decisions, decisions.

Orange would be awesome! The white does look bad ass but I'd personally avoid it for one single reason: It makes you seem like a LEO wannabe.  :( However, it'd probably be really nice having traffic move out of your way instead of ignoring you and moving into your way!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #221 on: July 05, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »
Orange would be awesome! The white does look bad ass but I'd personally avoid it for one single reason: It makes you seem like a LEO wannabe.  :( However, it'd probably be really nice having traffic move out of your way instead of ignoring you and moving into your way!

Only person who's said something to me about it is a friend who is LEO... and so far, NOONE has slowed down around me (or driven any less stupidly, I still get tailgated regularly). Of course, the driving lights and flat white finish (and jeans, flat black helmet, etc, etc) do make it a little less LEO looking.

Now, if I had put the bathroom bars on it...
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2012, 10:15:57 AM »
Only person who's said something to me about it is a friend who is LEO... and so far, NOONE has slowed down around me (or driven any less stupidly, I still get tailgated regularly). Of course, the driving lights and flat white finish (and jeans, flat black helmet, etc, etc) do make it a little less LEO looking.

Now, if I had put the bathroom bars on it...

Hahahahaha touché. I wasn't trying to offend or make fun of you or anything, the white really does look good (especially with the Canyon Cage on there  ;)). It's surprising that people don't get out of your way when you're coming up behind them, though.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2012, 10:24:33 AM »
It's surprising that people don't get out of your way when you're coming up behind them, though.
That was my thought as well. I have had cars jump into the right lane when I come up on them with my black bike. Courteous drivers? I doubt it.

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »
... It's surprising that people don't get out of your way when you're coming up behind them, though.
That was my thought as well. I have had cars jump into the right lane when I come up on them with my black bike. Courteous drivers? I doubt it.

I wish they did (tho, NOT my reason for the paint job)... Riding is SO much more enjoyable without people in my way.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »

A white half-helmet and sunglasses does the trick as well...  8)
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline danl

« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
I rode down to a new local place today, my wife and I had stopped in a week or so ago and they have a lot of used/old new stock parts. Mostly HD stuff but they did have an assortment of highway pegs. I lucked into an unopened set of the black 1" Rivco peg mounts and picked up a used set of pegs for $40. At some point I'll get some all black pegs but for now the ones I got will do the trick. They had some all black rubber ones but they had the bar and shield on them.

I need to go to the hardware store to get some nuts and bolts to connect the pegs to the mounts. I'll get a pic up once I get it done.

Nothing like a refreshing ride in 97 degree heat!   

Offline stoneworrior

• 2005 Gixxer 600 2011 Ninja 650R 2012 Connie 14ABS
« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2012, 07:09:14 PM »
I am new to the site. I purchased my 2012 Concours a week ago and was sent to MC by a moto cop friend I served in the Marine Corps with. So after a couple of emails Ryan allowed me to come in to pick up a set he had left over from his first manufacturing run. I just picked up my bars last night and got them on in about 35 minutes. Ryan asked me to post some picks here when I did, until then I didn't know this site existed so here I am.
 I have to say the instructions are seriously lacking and if I wasn't a former mechanic who kept all of his tools, installing these puppies would be very confusing. Being mechanically inclined I basically just held them up and figured it out. Also I think the main motor mount bolt should have a washer on the right and left side. Even better on the right side instead of being tapered on the inside of the mount, I think it should be a piece of stock, milled to except the bolt but allow the head of the bolt to rest on a solid surface, not just the corners of the hex bolt against a tapered surface. On the left side it should have a washer just for the simple fact that when you tighten the nut it digs into the powder coating leaving exposed metal to eventually rust.  I will be correcting this with a small amount of black paint of course but A washer would be a better idea.
 Also this is something small but for me attention to detail shows thought and consideration, when my replacement bolts Allen sizes do not match the stock bolts it is annoying to me. Again this probably doesn't bother most people but for me it does. When I see attention paid to the smaller things it gives me a warm and fussy, confidence in the people who manufactured my product.
 All and all they look good and will serve the purpose intended rather well although after looking at them again today, I have a feeling the first time I have to remove the fairings I will be taking my MIG welder and some stock to these babies.  Making some much needed modifications to make them easier to remove and re-install.
One more note, if I didn't own a compact flex head 3/8" air ratchet, I think I would have wanted to hurt someone when it came to installing the inner forward facing nuts ;-)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2012, 07:25:08 PM »
Have you got any photos I don't have to join a club to see?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »
One more note, if I didn't own a compact flex head 3/8" air ratchet, I think I would have wanted to hurt someone when it came to installing the inner forward facing nuts ;-)

Exactly.  Imagine trying to do it with a regular wrench.....  (yes, that is all I had).

Anyway........  Welcome!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2012, 06:04:07 AM »
I am new to the site. I purchased my 2012 Concours a week ago and was sent to MC by a moto cop friend I served in the Marine Corps with.

When I see attention paid to the smaller things it gives me a warm and fussy, confidence in the people who manufactured my product.

Welcome!

"warm and fussy"?

You're going to fit in here pretty well me thinks.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2012, 06:41:10 AM »
I just did almost 3000 miles with the Canyon Cage with highway pegs. I couldn't be happier with this product.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »
Haven't got mine yet.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stoneworrior

« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »
Ha warm and fussy..... I was teasing a friend the other day about using an S in fuzzy, what a dork :-)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »
Karma?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2012, 04:05:30 PM »
Haven't got mine yet.

They should be there any day now. Ill check your order when I'm back in the office on Monday and see where they're at for you.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #236 on: July 07, 2012, 05:22:58 PM »
Considering I'm a gen 1 (the greatest of them all) you might have a hard time with that Ryan.   :rotflmao:   Too much Tequila at the moment.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #237 on: July 07, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »
 :rotflmao: .....you shouldn't screw with the civilians like that. It's just mean.

Offline stoneworrior

« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2012, 05:50:49 PM »
Exactly.  Imagine trying to do it with a regular wrench.....  (yes, that is all I had).

Anyway........  Welcome!!

No I cant imagine it, don't want to imagine it and thank you for the welcome.

Karma?
Probably :-D
I just did almost 3000 miles with the Canyon Cage with highway pegs. I couldn't be happier with this product.
If my post came off as a rant that was not the intent. As far as looks and protection for the bike they do that perfectly, I am very pleased with the aesthetics.  The design and function are great and I can imagine highway pegs will make a great addition on long rides, I ordered a cheap pair myself the night I installed the bars. Ryan made me think by our conversation that these bars are a collaboration between the members of this site and his company and critiques for future improvements where not only welcomed but encouraged. I feel my issues with the directions are valid along with the ability to easily remove these bars when it comes time to service the bike. I cant imagine removing this current design every time I need to remove the fairings. I already know how I will modify mine the next time I need to remove the fairings :-D so sorry if I offended.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2012, 06:00:29 PM »
No offense here. Read your commentary with interest.