Author Topic: Show us your Canyon Cage  (Read 143701 times)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: Show us your Canyon Cage
« Reply #300 on: August 06, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »
Mike, could you explain how you wired them from a novice point of view?  Thanks.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #301 on: August 06, 2012, 08:08:17 PM »
Got mine today and here are my two tips:  Also if you are doing a coolant change it will be easier if you do that first as the bars make moving the overflow tank around a little more difficult.
Last pic finally done.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:45:02 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #302 on: August 09, 2012, 01:10:32 PM »
Mike, could you explain how you wired them from a novice point of view?  Thanks.

For the forks, just with a switch and a relay like any other aux light out there. For the high beam ones, I used a hot lead of the high beam (switch) to trigger a relay directly from the battery. Again like standard aux lights just replacing the switch with the high beam trigger wire.

Mike.
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #303 on: August 09, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »
thanks, any more issues with the lenses?

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #304 on: August 09, 2012, 01:50:52 PM »
None since I made the plexi ones for the folks units. The under mirror ones are still glass, they hadn't changed them from my initial purchase of the folk units. But no issues since installing.

Better put in a pic to keep us on "topic"! ;)

Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #305 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:36 PM »
Have a new shot of my cages with Rivco pegs installed  :-[

More shots posted in CDA: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10193.new#new

For those concerned about clearance with the Rivco's installed (for just such an emergency) mine were mounted pointing down, at the back edge of the hoop (Gen 2 design).
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #306 on: August 11, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »
Installed my cages today and attached are pics. Sorry, they are not as photogenic as some other folks - did not quite have the time to set everything out. Had to boggie out of the garage as we are having a open house tomorrow. The oil spot on the floor you see is from my jeep marking its territory - done it since past 7 years, but no issues.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #307 on: August 12, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »
Installed my cages today and attached are pics.

You didn't get the rears??
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #308 on: August 12, 2012, 06:35:49 AM »
You didn't get the rears??

I'd like to see what the tipover results are with just the fronts installed. We might get to see that sooner rather than later eh?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #309 on: August 12, 2012, 07:00:16 AM »
I'd like to see what the tipover results are with just the fronts installed. We might get to see that sooner rather than later eh?

Probably.  Well, it is obvious the bags will be scraped to hell and broken with harder falls.  The big question is how it will affect other areas once the bag is "crunched" and the bike is allowed to go down further.  Might take several accidents each with different types of loads and falls/drags to really know.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #310 on: August 12, 2012, 10:57:34 AM »
No rears. Could not get the budget passed. So got what I could! lol
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »
I was thinking about mounting some LED light pods to the front part of the Canyons.  Has anyone used the PIAA L Brackets?  Thanks

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #312 on: August 18, 2012, 02:37:37 AM »
7 days into a 16 day ride. Highway pegs on the CC's rock.

Offline h2oplayer

« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »
7 days into a 16 day ride. Highway pegs on the CC's rock.

I just got back from a trp out there. Are you going to glacier? The west entrance is spectacular. If you go here check out the "Going to the sun road".

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
Yes, Glacier is the plan for tomorrow. Check out my thread under Rides and Stories.

Now back to this thread, me and my Canyon Cages.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:48:55 AM by Gumbi »

Offline Slideways

« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2012, 01:41:11 AM »
I was one of the first to get the Gen 1 cages (mine is an '08) and only got them on today. I admire Rhino who said his were on in an hour! For me it was the very first time removing the plastic. I bought the bike used but the first owner did no mechanical work himself, that was all donenby the local Kawasaki dealer. The plastic had been off several time before and I found minor damage where someone in a hurry said "Screw it" slapped it back together.

Can't really contibute any wise words and a picture would look like the rest. I can say with some pride that there were not screws left over. The cages look great but the best I can say for the appearance of the rear gaurds is I am glad they are easy to remove
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline Conrad

« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2012, 05:20:35 AM »
I was one of the first to get the Gen 1 cages (mine is an '08) and only got them on today. I admire Rhino who said his were on in an hour! For me it was the very first time removing the plastic. I bought the bike used but the first owner did no mechanical work himself, that was all donenby the local Kawasaki dealer. The plastic had been off several time before and I found minor damage where someone in a hurry said "Screw it" slapped it back together.

Can't really contibute any wise words and a picture would look like the rest. I can say with some pride that there were not screws left over. The cages look great but the best I can say for the appearance of the rear gaurds is I am glad they are easy to remove

Yeah, the rear bars are pretty ugly. I think that if you dropped your bike that they would start to look a lil better though.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2012, 05:25:31 AM »
Touch up is a lot easier.

Offline Slideways

« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »
Amen to how they can look better and here's to hoping I never find out.
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline Brian Kellett

« Reply #319 on: August 20, 2012, 07:36:21 PM »
Can't wait to get mine! 

Speaking of which..... any status updates on how the run of cages ordered at the end of July are coming along?   ::)