Author Topic: Wild Adventures?...FL to all over Blue Ridge Mountains  (Read 13721 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Wild Adventures?...FL to all over Blue Ridge Mountains
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:04:16 PM »
This trip will be to camp with COG. 737 Miles to the meet point from Tampa to New River Campground.  Steve in Sunny FL and Mom lives on the way... BONUS. 

How much drama between friends and family, a C14, and a  'POSSUM named VERONICA can be stirred up?

OK teaser pic - night before the trip "prep and pack the bike. Veronica appears anxious, even though we're only prepping tonight.  Veronica wouldn't be in such a hurry if she knew her future is to become a squeaky toy for mom's little dog named Pierre on the way back to Tampa

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Wild Adventures?...FL to all over Blue Ridge Mountains
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »
quick stop  at Steve in Sunny FL's shop as I depart  ;D

Let's get some $#@%ing pics up 

BBQ on the way (Lincolnton, NC)

Home sweet home set up already   8)

Possum Veronica wanted to sleep outside at night, I found her on top of the tent in the mornings 

She liked the COG fires

During our ride while in WV, a friend (I found out is also from Tampa), was trailering his C14 and got us....posted on the "C14 enthusiasts" facebook page.

Veronica packed, COG ride over....   now let's get it solo since everyone headed home....

Met my beemer friend Kyle at the Snake. Veronica had to pose his sweet bumble bee ADV bike.

Then rode with Teura from Canada..... she has never run the HWY 181 or 421 Snake, we did BOTH   :)

Its been many years since I "pumped before paying", but we found the scenario in rural NC!

Get to mom's in Columbia, SC and my daughter meets us (up from GA)

Veronica chills at moms   :-X

Veronica... its over she's with moms dog Pierre, her new owner!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 11:07:36 AM »
What were the temps like up in the hills?
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 12:45:56 PM »
What were the temps like up in the hills?

Perfect 60's in the evenings, 78-82 during the day.  But on the way to the mountains it was scorching, 98 degrees in Columbia, SC.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 11:10:58 PM »
Nice writeup Steve. You were right in my backyard. Had a bologna sandwich at the store on the Snake last week. I live about 20 minutes from there.
Rick
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 02:57:23 PM »
Nice writeup Steve. You were right in my backyard. Had a bologna sandwich at the store on the Snake last week. I live about 20 minutes from there.
Rick

Wish we'd have known my friend!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 10:20:15 PM »
rhhall I'm riding/camping with Cog... join us in northwest ga mountains in September?

Offline Lonnie

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 09:16:25 PM »
When you were in Rual Hall you were like 20 minutes from me. Lots of good riding up in that area.
2013 Kawasaki Conni
2014 Polaris Ace

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 03:26:05 PM »
When you were in Rual Hall you were like 20 minutes from me. Lots of good riding up in that area.

Right on, I go up there as much as I can.  Welcome to the forum. FYI A bunch of us with COG will be in Suches GA the 10th-12th, you're certainly welcome to join us

Offline Lonnie

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 04:26:02 PM »
I would love to go but right now my money is very tight, the wife was out of work for over a year. Hopefully next year I can go on some of these trips. With money being tight I'm not able to buy the things I want to get my bike comfortable to me. I do good on normal day trips but any long miles would be tough.
2013 Kawasaki Conni
2014 Polaris Ace

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 10:34:41 AM »
I would love to go but right now my money is very tight, the wife was out of work for over a year. Hopefully next year I can go on some of these trips. With money being tight I'm not able to buy the things I want to get my bike comfortable to me. I do good on normal day trips but any long miles would be tough.

I wish you both luck with her job search! 

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 07:54:52 PM »
rhhall I'm riding/camping with Cog... join us in northwest ga mountains in September?
Kicking the idea around, not sure yet.
Just finished a trip up to Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown and back home via the Outer Banks. Loved it and the big girl purred like a kitten for around 1500 miles. 8)
rick
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie