Author Topic: My Connie of 10 years totaled.(new bike update last post)  (Read 28353 times)

Offline connie_rider

Re: My Connie of 10 years totaled. (Posting some good parts on for sale forum)
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2018, 02:48:39 PM »
Thanks for the update. Do keep us posted on the knee….

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2018, 02:58:19 PM »
An update on my healing process. It appears my knee that took a smack on the fuel tank is not healing as expected, so I'm seeing an orthopedic dude on Monday to discuss my options. Also, it's kind of weird looking, and that's not good either I suppose.
I've stripped all kinds of pretty useful stuff on the scoot, and put it on the sale section.

At age 49 I feel like "weird looking" is OK as long as it works pretty well. (I guess that's a variation on Form Follows Function)

Hopefully you can get it there :thumbs:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2018, 03:50:08 PM »
At age 49 I feel like "weird looking" is OK as long as it works pretty well. (I guess that's a variation on Form Follows Function)

I hear you.... my "49" is almost done and although most everything LOOKS great, nothing seems to feel that way anymore.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2018, 04:19:29 PM »
hehe. Thanks Fellas. Everyone on here is the best.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jamiemac

Re: My Connie of 10 years totaled. (Injury update last post}
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2018, 10:58:33 PM »
Having surgery on my bendy part (easy boys, it's my knee) on Thursday. All the PT i did so far was just to build up my supporting muscles. The quad on my right leg is much smaller than my left, which is a little disturbing. My right leg was always stronger in my athletic days. Doc is going to root around in there, and remove any loose tissue floating around, and try to smooth out the edges of the meniscus pad, ow whatever that donut thingy is called.

On another note. I've sat on. Revved the engine, and monkeyed with the buttons on the 2018 Goldwings, so that makes me an expert. Ask Me anything. :-)
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2018, 06:07:56 AM »
Ask Me anything.

Ya'll going to buy one?

On a more serious note, good luck with the follow-up surgery & recovery efforts. :banana :banana :banana Hope everything is successful so you can & will ride on 2 wheels again, whatever the brand.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2018, 08:19:37 AM »
Good luck with the surgery, JMac.  I hope you make it back 100%. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2018, 02:22:28 PM »
Ya'll going to buy one?

On a more serious note, good luck with the follow-up surgery & recovery efforts. :banana :banana :banana Hope everything is successful so you can & will ride on 2 wheels again, whatever the brand.
I'm about 70% sure that i'm thinking about gettin ready to possibly buy one.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2018, 04:29:27 PM »
There, I fixed it for ya..

I'm about 70% sure that I'm thinking about gettin' ready to possibly buy one,,,, "maybe"..

Ride safe, Ted

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2018, 04:47:15 PM »
He should get into politics!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2018, 05:33:27 PM »
He should get into politics!

Nah, then we'd have to not like him.

Offline jamiemac

Re: My Connie of 10 years totaled. (Update on new bike purchase last post)
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2018, 07:50:19 PM »
There, I fixed it for ya..

I'm about 70% sure that I'm thinking about gettin' ready to possibly buy one,,,, "maybe"..

Ride safe, Ted
Hehe! I really would buy one right now, if I knew how this knee and lawsuit stuff was gonna turn out. I'm jus tryin to not get my hopes up about a new scoot. Also, the color choices for the 2018 Airbag Wing doesn't really trip my trigger. Hoping the 2019 makes me warm n fuzzy.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:21:16 PM by jamiemac »

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »
Hehe! I really would buy one right now, if I knew how this knee and lawsuit stuff was gonna turn out. I'm jus tryin to not get my hopes up about a new scoot. Also, the color choices for the 2018 Airbag Wing doesn't really trip my trigger. Hoping the 2019 makes me warm n fuzzy.

I agree, the top of the line Gold Wing's colors are a bit too busy for me as well.
If I'm still riding in my 70s I expect to be looking at one myself, probably a used one. They seem much improved, but still prepare yourself for some price shocks.
For instance, from my (admittedly limited) research it appears that even the top of the line model doesn't come with a 12v accessory socket. It's an add on accessory item. I looked at Honda's install instructions that are 7 pages long!  :yikes:
The centerstand (an option on lower priced models) instructions seem strange as well (IMO)....
Quote from: GW Owner's manual

Using the center stand
To lower the center stand, stand on the
left side of the motorcycle. Hold the left
handle grip and the left grab rail. Press
down on the tip of the center stand with
your right foot and, simultaneously, pull
up and back.
Turn the handlebars fully to the left.

Turning the handlebars to the right
reduces stability and may cause the
motorcycle to fall.
  :o ???

I never purchased a Honda new so I'm not sure how the dealer's do it. It would be nice if they have the service department install accessories during the down times so that
when you negotiate the price, you are also negotiating accessory install prices. If they leave them as they come out of the crate and you have to pay full price for the accessories and installation
charges it appears you could easily get up to some astronomical figures.
Yeah, I'll be looking used for sure.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2018, 02:41:44 PM »
I agree, the top of the line Gold Wing's colors are a bit too busy for me as well.
If I'm still riding in my 70s I expect to be looking at one myself, probably a used one. They seem much improved, but still prepare yourself for some price shocks.
For instance, from my (admittedly limited) research it appears that even the top of the line model doesn't come with a 12v accessory socket. It's an add on accessory item. I looked at Honda's install instructions that are 7 pages long!  :yikes:
The centerstand (an option on lower priced models) instructions seem strange as well (IMO)....  :o ???

I never purchased a Honda new so I'm not sure how the dealer's do it. It would be nice if they have the service department install accessories during the down times so that
when you negotiate the price, you are also negotiating accessory install prices. If they leave them as they come out of the crate and you have to pay full price for the accessories and installation
charges it appears you could easily get up to some astronomical figures.
Yeah, I'll be looking used for sure.
I'm a little nuts about accessory install, so one of the things I'm looking forward to, is the tear down for putting in fog lights, a 12v socket, etc. I even have found the place that sells service manuals already.....yeah....I guess I am getting my hopes up. LOL

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2018, 02:51:08 PM »
I'm a little nuts about accessory install, so one of the things I'm looking forward to, is the tear down for putting in fog lights, a 12v socket, etc. I even have found the place that sells service manuals already.....yeah....I guess I am getting my hopes up. LOL
Gotta love the power of positive thinking.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline jamiemac

Re: My Connie of 10 years totaled.: Knee surgery update 30 August
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
Surgeon worked on the scrambled knee yesterday morning. I'm up and walking around the hose for short periods of time. Zero pain! Taking no pain meds at all today! I'm super stoked! I'm able to carefully climb the stairs to my bedroom. Thanks to everyone for all the support and kind words over the last few months. Lots of good folks on here.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2018, 07:16:58 AM »
Sounds like great news.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2018, 08:19:07 AM »
I'm up and walking around the hose.

I don’t think it’s the knee that is the problem!   :o

Seriously, great news!  I hope everything continues to go well for you!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2018, 10:32:36 AM »
hahaha! Damn, that hose!

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2018, 02:15:01 PM »
The past few days are the first time since the accident I've been pretty much completely pain free. At least on the wreck related injuries. LOL. Stuff that hurt before still hurts. Haha. Here's a weird one. that I may have already mentioned. I usually got a pretty bad headache about two or 3 times a month before the wreck. Not one headache since the crash. Not one.