Author Topic: LOUD pipes and neighbor  (Read 12396 times)

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
Re: LOUD pipes and neighbor
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »
tons of replies
but take a look at them and see how many were useful and how many were BS
delete the thread
I tried to and it would not let me
I did not post anything either USEFUL or BS.  But, reading back over this thread, it seems to me that many well-meaning people offered a number of constructive suggestions.  Of course, when there is no response, it's easy to try to liven things up with some fun.  Dealing with an online forum, like dealing with a difficult neighbor, is much easier with a good sense of humor.  If you are going to want to delete every thread that receives a smart-ass posting, best to just not post anything in the first place.  Lighten up, we're the good guys!
If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2011, 06:21:43 AM »
I did not post anything either USEFUL or BS.  But, reading back over this thread, it seems to me that many well-meaning people offered a number of constructive suggestions.  Of course, when there is no response, it's easy to try to liven things up with some fun.  Dealing with an online forum, like dealing with a difficult neighbor, is much easier with a good sense of humor.  If you are going to want to delete every thread that receives a smart-ass posting, best to just not post anything in the first place.  Lighten up, we're the good guys!

Some folks are just a bit lacking in the people skill area I guess...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2011, 07:30:55 AM »
Leave a copy of South Park "Fags" in his mailbox. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 08:06:17 AM »
Leave a copy of South Park "Fags" in his mailbox. 8)
That should be required pre-sale viewing for every first time motorcycle rider.  I think it's a classic piece of wisdom! ::)
If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 12:14:14 PM »
my wife and I just bought and moved to a home in a nice neighbor hood. So far we like the area and so forth,
but
up the street about 3 houses is a guy with a Harley that has about the loudest pipes I have heard, almost every night about 8-10 pm he goes up and down the street full throttle and then no throttle like he is checking some work he has just done to it. at that time in the evening we are watching tv and when he goes by it is so loud you can not hear the tv. I have to believe there are other neighbors that feel like me and wish he would go check it out, out on the open road and not just to the corner and then back to his house.

so

how do I handle this without pi$$in off the neighbors or getting my a$$ kicked?
I ride with some Harley folks once in a while and if I get tired of the noise I just pass em and the noise is behind me. but this guy is getting on my last nerve

The next time it happens, you call the cops. Period. Let them talk to the asshat. Who needs neighbors like this?

I love all bikes and most bikers, but I have zero tolerance for the noise-for-noise-sake crowd.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 01:57:10 PM »
tons of replies
but take a look at them and see how many were useful and how many were BS
delete the thread
I tried to and it would not let me

You know there is a reason we don't let members delete posts..  As far as this thread containing BS and smart*** answers...  I would say that this is typical and nothing to be concerned about.  In fact, I expect it to get much worse before it gets any better if that is any consolation for you.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 02:11:03 PM »
The problem (as I see it) is that Don asked for advice and somewhere in-between 'all the BS answers' he did get a few good replies and yet Don doesn't respond. Why come here asking for advice if when a guy takes the time and goes through the trouble to type out a reply he gets no response?

We're here to help right guys?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »
That's us. :thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 02:26:29 PM »
That's us. :thumbs:

Why do I want to laugh when I see this comment...?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2011, 03:03:32 PM »
Not that it matters but will you be laughing with us or at us?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »
Not that it matters but will you be laughing with us or at us?

Both.