Author Topic: Try a windshield for free....  (Read 242481 times)

Offline deepseamdv

Re: Try a windshield for free....
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »
If it's going to be an extended period of time might I suggest they be sent on to the next one on the list, then when you are ready your name can go to the top of the list. That way they keep moving and you get put back at the top.

Just my thoughts.

Mike
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »
I ride all year, it was 28 degrees this AM and I still rode my bike to work. I need a bigger shield soon, I just can't decide what to get.
Black 2011
Full Delkevic no cat, Ivan's Flash, Projector headlights, Dunlop Q3+
Valentine 1 with JBV1 on phone

Offline Broz

« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2013, 06:53:37 AM »
I agree w Mike and Wolfie, it's kind of hard to complain seeing your only paying to ship to the next guy on the list. But the gentleman that currently has the shield has had them over 30 days.  You should be able to turn these around within 10 days you would think.
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »
One of you should contact ZBoomer and let him know it is time to ship them to the next guy.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline ZBoomer

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »
Sorry guys, I lost a good bit of time over the holidays (as I'm sure we all do), and combined with the winter weather (even in TX) didn't get much time to try them out...

That said, I did contact dusty1300 a few days ago, and he told me it's so cold there he can't really use them, so let's roll to the next in line.

Would the next person in line after dusty1300 please PM me their physical address, and I'll get them bundled back up and sent out. Apologies I had them a bit long, but like I said, combination of the holidays and cold/wet, only had a few days to play with them.

thanks,
-Micah (ZBoomer)

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »
Ok I've sent ZBoomer my address.

Mike
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14

Offline denver23

« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2013, 08:26:28 PM »
Is it too late to add my name to the list?

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2013, 08:49:17 PM »
Deepseamdv (on the way to)
Dusty1300
jwolffie
Broz
Bosco
denver23

I think this is correct
Black 2011

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2013, 09:21:47 AM »
Post Office says they should be here today or tomorrow. If so I'll get to try them in both rain & shine, should be able to have them back in the mail within a few days.
Many thanks to those who got this started way back when.

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
Ok, I got the shields today. I already have a VStream so that one is easy. Installed the AeroFlow and aridin' I went. The curve at the top fits my 6' 2", 32inch inseam frame so that all the way down I'm getting a full blast from the nose up. At about 1/3 raised I can just feel wind hitting the top of my helmet and between 1/3 and 1/2 raised the wind is gone and I can still easily see over the top. The one thing this windshield has that is missing with the VStream is a very comfortable amount of wind on the chest coming in from below the bottom edge. With the VStream there is virtually no air behind the windshield and it can become quite uncomfortably hot, but if it's raining, the VStream will keep you dry. I was surprised at how much quieter this windshield is. There was much less wind buffeting than I expected even at 12  0+ osofast and fun MPH. I have found 36 miles of great back road, hills, turns, virtually no traffic (read cops) 4 miles of straight and good clean tarmac. What else could a Connie Rider want on a sunny weekday afternoon? Tomorrow I will take it for a more sane ride on the highway to see how that feels. It's supposed to be raining all day. Aaa it's only water I'm goin' anyway!

Dusty1300 if you'll pm your shipping info to me I'll try to have these back in the mail Tuesday afternoon.

Mike
ps All this was with a RDL seat, tomorrow I'll try it with both a stock and Corbin seat.

Offline Broz

« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2013, 06:54:55 AM »
Deepseamdv nice review on the Aeroflow.  I think someone said it was a medium. Is that the size you would buy?
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline ZBoomer

« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »
I think the CalSci is the "medium", the Aeroflow is freaking HUGE...if it's a medium, the large would blow the bike off the road! It's funny how different people have different opinions, because the Aerflow felt like a huge sail on my bike, and I took it off after about 10 miles. It created this huge vacuum for me, buffeting, etc. It shook around so much I thought it was going to rip off the power shield mounts. Plus it looks like ass on the bike, being so big.

I notice some local cops use it on their C14's, and I think I could tolerate the bad as solely a cold-weather screen, but it's the one I really didn't like out of the three.

The CalSci looked almost like stock-sized, but for my height (5.7"), it was just freaking awesome. It creates NO buffeting, just super smooth airflow. It looks the simplest, but it just works. I think the lack of a negative-curve lip on it makes the air come off it much smoother IMO.

The V-Stream was OK, and created a practically wind-free zone with little buffeting, and it's the one I'd choose for pure cold weather riding, if I wanted something a little bigger than the CalSci, but for general riding, the CalSci won for me hands down.

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2013, 11:36:08 PM »
I wasn't going to try the CalSci but after reading ZBoomer I couldn't resist. Yes compared to the CalSci the AeroFlow is very large and did flex but it is still the quietest for the way I sit and ride. So like most other comparisons it's a compromise depending on what you want. I liked the AeroFlow for its' quiet and back side air flow, the CalSci never did move the air above my helmet. At its' lowest the wind was mid chest and all the way up I was getting the full force just about at the chin. I'm going to keep the VStream that I have and get an AeroFlow for summer when I'll want more air behind the windshield. The AeroFlow and VStream are similar in size but shaped differently.

I haven't heard from Dusty1300 yet, the shields will be ready to mail Wednesday afternoon.

Mike

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2013, 07:19:24 AM »
Dusty1300 was last on the forum on Jan. 9th and I am next in line after him. If you don't get a response from him soon then ship them to me and we will leave him at the top of the list. I am in SoCal so I won't need them long. I sent Mike my info.
Black 2011

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »
 :grouphug:  First I'd like to thank DonB and any others involved for putting this program together. :)
As I understand it the list is now as follows, with ZBoomer  being voluntarily bypassed but left in place. Unless Dusty1300 contacts me before I go to the Post Office today I am going to send them to jwolffie.
[/size]
ZBoomer
Dusty1300
jwolffie
Broz
Bosco
denver23

Again Thank You to those responsible for putting this together.

Mike :chugbeer:

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
I am going to put myself at the end of the list and wait for some warmer weather.

Dusty1300
jwolffie
Broz
denver23
Bosco

Mike :chugbeer:
[/quote]
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »
The box is on it's way to jwolffie. If anyone is interested the postage is $26.18 :yikes:  and seems to be standard for anywhere in the lower 48.

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2013, 09:06:13 PM »
The windshields arrived today, and the first one is installed. I will try it tomorrow on my commute, and then another one each day. I will try the one I like best this weekend so I should be ready to ship them off on Monday of next week. Thanks for this great idea.
Jon
Black 2011

Offline mntbiker-junkie

« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
I added myself to the end of the list after Bosco

Dusty1300
jwolffie
Broz
denver23
Bosco
mntbiker-junkie

I'm new to the thread and would like to try the Aeroflow. Has anyone here pulled the trigger and decided to buy this screen after trying it out?  I have a stock 08 C14 and would like just a little more coverage.  Does anyone know if the taller aftermarket Kawi screens are worth consideration?  Are the later year 2010(or later) any taller than the stock 08? Do we just send our shipping info to the next person on the list?  Do they contact you when they are done with the screens and want to ship them?

Thanks, Tony

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »
The box is on it's way to jwolffie. If anyone is interested the postage is $26.18 :yikes:  and seems to be standard for anywhere in the lower 48.

You can look back through the posts, but I seem to recall that it was only about $9-10 to send it UPS when I did it.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold