Author Topic: Try a windshield for free....  (Read 242943 times)

Offline Broz

Re: Try a windshield for free....
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2013, 06:49:21 PM »
That's exactly what I was suggesting Danger. That way it's possible for more people to test the shields. If someone wants both boxes that is easy enough too.
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline Wally

« Reply #241 on: March 22, 2013, 05:34:25 PM »
I think its a great idea. Also responded to the email asking which size I am interested-large or xtra large. cheaper and they should cover more people faster.

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #242 on: March 22, 2013, 08:58:42 PM »
I am going to take myself off the list. I am having a medical issue that will keep me off the bike for a while.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

voileauciel

« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:34 AM »
If you just want to ship them via the Postal Service, that should be ok. I don't mind trying all the shields out, as it's getting nicer here in NJ by the day, and this may sway me to buy more than one.

Offline JJFLASH

« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2013, 01:36:20 PM »
Please add me to the list.  I have a 2011 and the windshield is just not right for me.  I'm not sure if I should go larger or smaller.  I would like to try both the large and small windshields.  Not sure if that is one box or two at this point.  Thank you.

voileauciel

« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »
Shields just arrived today. Will test them out during this week/weekend and should have them back out to the next person by Tuesday or thereabouts. I'm going to look for a sturdier box for these, since the one they came in is getting really beat up now (one of the flaps was open and it's quite tattered at this point.) I know we have some rack server boxes in our central NJ office, will see if I can snag one.

Offline Broz

« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2013, 04:07:24 PM »
Funny I replaced the box when I had them, it was new when I sent to Texas one shipment ago.
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

voileauciel

« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »
Funny I replaced the box when I had them, it was new when I sent to Texas one shipment ago.

We have some real animals working in the postal offices here in NJ. I've lost track of how many laptops I've sent or received in this state that are damaged by the time they arrive. I'll try my best to patch this box up, otherwise, I have a few blade server boxes in Hamilton I can take.

Offline Danger716

« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2013, 09:22:34 AM »
Here is the latest wait list.  The list now states the size of windshield you want to try.

mntbiker-junkie (Large & Medium)
Honvacaf (Medium)
Danger716 (Large)
Wally (Large)
JJFLASH (Large & Medium)
Dusty1300 ???

==============================
Large Windshield box:
Aeroflow large
Cee Bailey's large
Cal-Sci extra large extra wide

Medium Windshield box:
Cal-Sci medium
Cee Bailey's medium
V stream
2009 C-14.  Black

voileauciel

« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »
Here is the latest wait list.  The list now states the size of windshield you want to try.

Honvacaf (Medium)
Danger716 (Large)
Wally (Large)
JJFLASH (Large & Medium)
Dusty1300 ???

==============================
Large Windshield box:
Aeroflow large
Cee Bailey's large
Cal-Sci extra large extra wide

Medium Windshield box:
Cal-Sci medium
Cee Bailey's medium
V stream

So I'm guessing what will have to happen is that mntbiker-junkie will need to split the box and send them to separate people? This could get complicated, now that I think about it...

voileauciel

« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2013, 12:59:09 PM »
Here's a quick list of my findings so far:

V-Stream: Good wind protection when fully raised. At the lowest setting, flows very little air for me. (I am 5'10.5" and have Murph's 1 3/4" risers.) Seems like this would work pretty well in the winter. Also like the look of it on the bike. Won't be too good (for me at least) in summer heat.

Cee-Bailey Medium: I like this quite a bit. When fully extended, is just about 2" taller than stock, and slightly wider. Still get some buffeting when fully raised, but not bad over all. I'm not too keen on tinted shields, but the very light tint on this looks good with the Candy Arabian Red of my 2012. Buffeting is reduced from stock screen across the board, and flows plenty of air when lowered.

AeroFlow Large: I have a real love-hate relationship with this one. It works incredibly well, in any position. However, it is by far the ugliest motorcycle windscreen I've ever seen. Totally ruins the looks of the bike, IMHO. But it works, and very well at that. Might have to buy a used one for the winter time.

That's all for now. Will test the other 3 throughout the week.

Offline mvjr1904

« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2013, 01:16:42 PM »
I live near San Diego and the windshields were just 10 miles from my home.  Had I known where the member lived, I’m sure we could’ve both tried out the windshields and split the cost to the next person.  Now they are on the east coast and postage back to SD will be approx $38.

I have a suggestion on how to try to keep the postage rate down.  I know not every member wants to fill in the “Location” or “Member Map” on there profile, BUT when you add your name to the list “can we also put our location”?  I would be – mvjr1904, Spring Valley CA.

This way I can keep dropping my name on the list until someone who lives near me wants them next, so my postage to them would be less. I would rather mail them from Spring Valley CA to Los Angeles CA vice to Caribou Maine.   Just a thought.

I know the windshields have crisscrossed the country already, and I’m sure this adds to the box damage.  I like the 2 box system, I have no desire to try any of the short windshields
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline Wally

« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »
Thanks to voileauciel for keeping them moving. I (Wally) live in the Mpls area. Itching to get the samples and again only need the large. Whatever the cost, it is still fine w/ me as -getting the "right" or "best" shield for me is important. At least I won't have to buy two cuz I bought the wrong one first.

Thanks to voileauciel again for his review of the shields thus far.

Offline Wally

« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
To Danger716- where do you live?

Wally
2012 Concours

Offline Danger716

« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »
I live near Albany NY.
2009 C-14.  Black

Offline PeteTN_zgtr

« Reply #255 on: April 04, 2013, 07:00:33 PM »
I'd like to be added to the list. I repeated the list below and added myself. I have one question and what exactly is the CB medium, mini-euro sport or mini-domed??

thanks,
Pete

Honvacaf (Medium)
Danger716 (Large)
Wally (Large)
JJFLASH (Large & Medium)
Dusty1300
PeteTN_zgtr (Large & Medium)

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #256 on: April 04, 2013, 08:40:23 PM »
I live near San Diego and the windshields were just 10 miles from my home.  Had I known where the member lived, I’m sure we could’ve both tried out the windshields and split the cost to the next person.  Now they are on the east coast and postage back to SD will be approx $38.

I have a suggestion on how to try to keep the postage rate down.  I know not every member wants to fill in the “Location” or “Member Map” on there profile, BUT when you add your name to the list “can we also put our location”?  I would be – mvjr1904, Spring Valley CA.

This way I can keep dropping my name on the list until someone who lives near me wants them next, so my postage to them would be less. I would rather mail them from Spring Valley CA to Los Angeles CA vice to Caribou Maine.   Just a thought.

I know the windshields have crisscrossed the country already, and I’m sure this adds to the box damage.  I like the 2 box system, I have no desire to try any of the short windshields

Good Idea, when you get the box, or boxes, post what area you live in. Then if there is someone nearby that wants to try them they can PM whoever has them and set up a meet somewhere and maybe split shipping costs. I bought a Cal-Sci large after my testing, if you are in the San Diego area send me a PM if you want to try it.
Black 2011
Full Delkevic no cat, Ivan's Flash, Projector headlights, Dunlop Q3+
Valentine 1 with JBV1 on phone

voileauciel

« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2013, 07:13:11 AM »
Following jwolffie's post, I'm in Central New Jersey, and I can even deliver this box to NJ/NY/PA/DE if needed!

Offline Wally

« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2013, 08:31:35 AM »
Just to make it easier.........ADD AS YOU'D LIKE.

Honvacaf (Medium)
Danger716 (Large)  ALBANY, NY
Wally (Large)- MINNEAPOLIS
JJFLASH (Large & Medium)
Dusty1300

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2013, 10:31:16 AM »
I'd like to be added to the list. I repeated the list below and added myself. I have one question and what exactly is the CB medium, mini-euro sport or mini-domed??

thanks,
Pete

Honvacaf (Medium)
Danger716 (Large)
Wally (Large)
JJFLASH (Large & Medium)
Dusty1300

CB = Cee Baileys - http://www.ceebaileys.com/kawasaki/
Black 2011
Full Delkevic no cat, Ivan's Flash, Projector headlights, Dunlop Q3+