Author Topic: Try a windshield for free....  (Read 242971 times)

Offline PeteTN_zgtr

Re: Try a windshield for free....
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »
Just to make it easier.........ADD AS YOU'D LIKE.

JWolffie, thanks for the reply. I get the CB part, but Cee Bailey's doesn't have a "medium". It's Mini-Euro sport, Mini Dome, or Euro cut, which I'm assuming the Euro cut is what people are calling large and I'm thinking the "medium" is the Mini Euro or Mini Dome. I guess it will be obvious when I get them

thanks
Pete

Also, added my location to the list.

mntbiker-junkie (Large & Medium)
Honvacaf (Medium)
Danger716 (Large)  ALBANY, NY
Wally (Large)- MINNEAPOLIS
JJFLASH (Large & Medium)
Dusty1300
PeteTN_zgtr (Large & Medium) (middle Tenn)

Offline PeteTN_zgtr

« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »
So I messed something up in my post above, got everything in the quote box including what I added  ::) Oh well

Offline PeteTN_zgtr

« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2013, 04:24:12 PM »
Trying to increase my post count  :D

Here's the list with latest location info

mntbiker-junkie (Large & Medium)
Honvacaf (Medium)
Danger716 (Large)  ALBANY, NY
Wally (Large)- MINNEAPOLIS
JJFLASH (Large & Medium)
Dusty1300
PeteTN_zgtr (Large & Medium) (middle Tenn)

voileauciel

« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2013, 08:58:52 PM »
One small note here:  the Extra Large Cee Bailey is actually the Ultra Tour Dome. The medium Cee Bailey is the Euro Tour. Just measured these to check the size.

After testing all of these shields, I liked the Euro Tour the best. Going to buy one of these later on this year, as it worked incredibly well in every situation I threw at it. (I also like how well the shape flows with the styling of the C14 in general.)

So, mntbiker-junkie is next on the list. I'm going to repack all of these and will PM you for your info.

Offline Danger716

« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2013, 07:09:11 AM »
If mntbiker-junkie isn't ready for these, I'm ready for the Large sized windshields.
2009 C-14.  Black

Offline mntbiker-junkie

« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:58 AM »
I just saw its my turn and unfortunately I need to travel out of the country for business for 3 weeks leaving 4/14.  I guess I'll need to go to the bottom of the list unless the group is willing to let me 'take cuts in line' once back.  I will be back in the USA 5/7.  FYI-  I live in Tacoma, Washington

Thanks, Tony

voileauciel

« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2013, 09:24:34 AM »
Ok, so Honvacaf is next for the medium shields, and Danger716 wants the large. I need to get another box to put the medium shields into, so bear with me and I'll try to have all of this repacked by the middle of this week.

Offline Danger716

« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2013, 09:47:33 AM »
List update:

Honvacaf (Medium)
Danger716 (Large)  (ALBANY, NY)
*mntbiker-junkie (Medium) *Move down list as needed. Out of the country. Back 5/7. (Tacoma, Washington)
Wally (Large)- (MINNEAPOLIS, MN)
JJFLASH (Large & Medium)
Dusty1300
PeteTN_zgtr (Large & Medium) (middle, Tenn)

==============================
Large Windshield box:
Aeroflow large
Cee Bailey's large (comment from voileauciel: the Extra Large Cee Bailey is actually the Ultra Tour Dome)
Cal-Sci extra large extra wide

Medium Windshield box:
Cal-Sci medium
Cee Bailey's medium (comment from voileauciel: The medium Cee Bailey is the Euro Tour)
V stream
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:01:37 PM by Danger716 »
2009 C-14.  Black

Offline Danger716

« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »
FYI - shipping via UPS to a business address costs less than shipping to residential address.
2009 C-14.  Black

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »
Are these the original windshields that started the trip around the country way back in something like '09? Unbeliveable! Has anyone written anything on them like 'Kilroy was here' or scratched his / her initials in them or anything? If these are the original ones then the postal system must recognize the box on sight now....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »
It would be incredible if they were. I actually received the smaller Calsci back then ( ? Dec 2008..only one shield was circulating from a forum member named Don, I think). I actually bought a 6.75" Calsci. A good shield but not enough wind protection for my wife so I settled on a Cee Baily Ultra Dome.
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline mntbiker-junkie

« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2013, 05:44:11 PM »
Thanks for keeping me in the loop and not bumping me all the way to the bottom.  I would like the medium box only.  Feel free to ping me with a message when it is available and I'll send you the shipping address info.  I'll be back on USA ground 5/7.  I'll have access to e-mail while out of the country.  At least they don't block the this forum in China

Offline Danger716

« Reply #272 on: April 09, 2013, 06:03:32 PM »
You're welcome. I updated the list.
2009 C-14.  Black

voileauciel

« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2013, 02:00:45 PM »
Just shipped the large box out to Danger716. Waiting to hear back from Honzacaf for his address.

voileauciel

« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2013, 07:11:25 AM »
Honzacaf just messaged me to tell me he's already bought a shield, and from what I can tell, that he no longer needs the medium box. mtnbiker-junkie is OOP for a while, so from what I can tell, JJFLASH is next to receive the medium shields.

Offline JJFLASH

« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2013, 09:26:17 AM »
Honzacaf just messaged me to tell me he's already bought a shield, and from what I can tell, that he no longer needs the medium box. mtnbiker-junkie is OOP for a while, so from what I can tell, JJFLASH is next to receive the medium shields.

Where should I send the shipping info?  Looking forward to an alternative to the stock shield

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »
The Calsci medium and my modified stock aren't working for me, so I guess...

"Please add me to the bottom of the large list".

I'd go on the medium list just to try the V stream, but that seems
hoggish since the medium Calsci isn't working for me. If none of the large ones work maybe I'll
try that.

I think I'd be just below PeteTN_zgtr on the list? I'm in Fort Worth TX., 2010 C14
Thanks!

voileauciel

« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2013, 02:29:46 PM »
Where should I send the shipping info?  Looking forward to an alternative to the stock shield

Just sent you a PM.

Offline JJFLASH

« Reply #278 on: April 18, 2013, 01:15:22 PM »
Just sent you a PM.

I just finished trying out the medium windshields.  The CE Bailey works for me and I wouldn't want to go any larger so I can be taken off the large box list.

The list as I think it stands now is;

Danger716 (Large)  (ALBANY, NY)
*mntbiker-junkie (Medium) *Move down list as needed. Out of the country. Back 5/7. (Tacoma, Washington)
Wally (Large)- (MINNEAPOLIS, MN)
JJFLASH
Dusty1300
PeteTN_zgtr (Large & Medium) (middle, Tenn)
fartymarty (Large)

So next in line is Dusty1300 -

Offline JJFLASH

« Reply #279 on: April 18, 2013, 02:07:26 PM »
I am posting up my impression of the medium windshields.  I am 5’7” and tested these on a 2011 model.   I ran back to back test on a combination of back roads and interstate highway. Wearing ear plugs changed my impression of the shields.  In my case, with the plugs I didn't mind wind noise but was more susceptible to buffeting.  Your results may be completely different.

V-stream:  This provides the most wind protection.  Its tall so on the lowest setting I experienced buffeting at anything above 40 mph.  Raising the shield provides a very still, quite air pocket all the up to 90 mph.  At highway speeds it shakes and dances around a bit.  I found this to be very distracting.  The optical quality is good which is a good thing is since I spent almost all of my time looking through it not over it.

SciCal:  My impression of this shield changed with use of earplugs.  Without earplugs at the highest position I notice moderate wind noise but no buffeting up to 90 mph at the highest position.  This was much quieter than the stock shield. With earplugs, I did not notice the noise as much but had a slight buffeting or drumming going on.  .  I also, noticed a slight backpressure pushing me forward at highway speeds.   At the lowest setting, this was the lowest of the three; my helmet was in clean air with the wind hitting me just below my chin.

CE Bailey:  This was my favorite.  It was very quiet.  Not as quiet as the V-Stream but very good.  I experienced no buffeting at speeds up to 80 mph, with or without earplugs.  I didn’t notice any backpressure with the CE Bailey.  I could lower the shield enough to look over it on the highway without increasing noise or buffeting.   The optical quality was good.  As someone noted on the shield, this shield is thicker than the stock shield and you can crack the black windshield mounting pieces if you’re not careful.