Author Topic: Try a windshield for free....  (Read 243420 times)

Offline brant bandit

Re: Try a windshield for free....
« Reply #480 on: July 30, 2015, 08:05:37 AM »
The large shields are on their way to thughes. I sent him tracking info last night.

I hope we hear from almightys soon. I'm looking forward to trying the medium shields. He's had them for a long time now.....
2014 Concours 1400 in black (the fastest colour)
COG# 11854

Offline udoggie

« Reply #481 on: July 30, 2015, 08:31:06 AM »
FYI, almightys hasn't been online for over a month.  Someone might want to try a PM and see if that gets emailed to them...

almightys:
Last Active: June 13, 2015, 04:24:53 am

-UD
Aloha, OR.

Offline RedRambler

« Reply #482 on: August 17, 2015, 06:43:03 PM »
Just checking back in in the large windscreens...:-)

Offline Bunk

« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2015, 05:42:17 AM »
I just got my '14 and had been digging around looking for shields, and being mildly perplexed as to how I was going to decide.  Then I found this forum and this post.  You guys all rock!  What a great show of community!  Please put me in the list for the large shields!  Thanks all!
VStar 950 > GL1800 > Concours 14
Candy Cardinal Red (Best Color) Cee Bailey Ultra-Tour - Helibars Risers -Kaoko Throttle Lock - Kawi Top Box - Phil's Farkles Luggage Rack - Ram Mount with FingerGrip Phone Cradle - Sena 20S - Schuberth C3

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2015, 06:21:35 AM »
Inquiring minds; Hows the testing going thughes?  ;)
08B 73.5K miles

Offline thughes

« Reply #485 on: August 25, 2015, 02:09:41 PM »
Sorry for the delayed response. i have really fallen in love with the Cee bailey shield that was in this bunch. i dont want to send it away! lol i should have everything completly tested in a couple of weeks. i got these at a great time because it was really how for a while and now its starting to cool off so i dont have to imagine how they would be in hot/cold. it looks like gggGary is next. i will get an address from him and figure out how much it is going to cost to ship.

Thanks.

thughes 

Offline brant bandit

« Reply #486 on: August 25, 2015, 02:33:08 PM »
hahaha.... I know what you mean thughes. I really liked the cee bailey too. I might buy one for fall/winter/spring riding, but I sure would like to try those mediums first.

I wish somebody would hear from almightys. Who sent him the shields last time? Maybe they could send him a snail mail letter asking if everything is ok? (I'm trying not to think the worst)
COG# 11854

Offline SMurphy

« Reply #487 on: August 25, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »
Some one have pics of them all side by side?
CMA Texas Fast Lane Team

Offline gggGary

« Reply #488 on: August 25, 2015, 03:28:59 PM »
PM with shipping info sent.
08B 73.5K miles

Offline RedRambler

« Reply #489 on: September 06, 2015, 07:02:59 PM »
gggGary, did you get the screens?  How is the testing going?  Would love to hear your thoughts on these too!

Offline gggGary

« Reply #490 on: September 06, 2015, 07:41:20 PM »
Nope haven't seen em yet. Who did they ship with?  This month should be good for testing, I will have them ready to move on to the next in line before month's end
08B 73.5K miles

Offline Bunk

« Reply #491 on: September 07, 2015, 07:59:21 PM »
Haha, so the impatience got the better of me.  Well impatience and an 800 mile trip to NC coming up in less than two weeks.  I broke down and bought the Cee Baileys Ultra Tour.  It was shocking how much quieter my ride was once it was installed.  Thanks all, you can skip me when my turn comes 'round.
VStar 950 > GL1800 > Concours 14
Candy Cardinal Red (Best Color) Cee Bailey Ultra-Tour - Helibars Risers -Kaoko Throttle Lock - Kawi Top Box - Phil's Farkles Luggage Rack - Ram Mount with FingerGrip Phone Cradle - Sena 20S - Schuberth C3

Offline brant bandit

« Reply #492 on: September 08, 2015, 10:27:54 AM »
Who sent the medium shields to almightys? Maybe we could send him a letter in the mail, or if he gave his phone number to somebody we could call him? Or somebody could go drop by if they're close?

He might have been scared off by shipping prices or can't afford to ship them to me in Canada. I expect the cost is only $60-80 ish.

almightys, if you're lurking it would be great to hear something from you. Skip me if you're worried about shipping costs, or message me and we can work something out and split the difference.

I really hope that he hasn't just decided to keep the medium windshields and vanish but it kind of looks that way now.
COG# 11854

Offline gggGary

« Reply #493 on: September 17, 2015, 08:27:55 PM »
I am off this shield list, ran out of time with an upcoming trip.
08B 73.5K miles

Offline SMurphy

« Reply #494 on: September 19, 2015, 11:02:15 PM »
Hey how is the windshields coming?
CMA Texas Fast Lane Team

Offline RedRambler

« Reply #495 on: September 22, 2015, 05:38:25 PM »
I have messaged tHughes and sent him an email. Hopefuly he will get it and respond. Probably time to get these moving again.

Offline RedRambler

« Reply #496 on: September 24, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »
tHughes has responded in email that he thinks he might be able to get the large shields shipped in the first week of October. As far as I know, there are only two people left on the list, me and Smurphy.

Offline DialedN_13

« Reply #497 on: September 28, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »
tHughes has responded in email that he thinks he might be able to get the large shields shipped in the first week of October. As far as I know, there are only two people left on the list, me and Smurphy.
Gentlemen, I am extremely interested in getting in on this opportunity.  I have a stock windshield and a Puig light smoke screen for my bike.  Have been looking at different options, but can't seem to drop the coin on one without trying it first.

Can I be added to the list?

Offline SMurphy

« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2015, 04:36:21 PM »
Gentlemen, I am extremely interested in getting in on this opportunity.  I have a stock windshield and a Puig light smoke screen for my bike.  Have been looking at different options, but can't seem to drop the coin on one without trying it first.

Can I be added to the list?

Yes you will be after me my friend. Unless someone else was and I do not see them on here.
CMA Texas Fast Lane Team

Offline DialedN_13

« Reply #499 on: October 01, 2015, 03:58:14 PM »
Yes you will be after me my friend. Unless someone else was and I do not see them on here.
Thank you SMurphy, when the time gets closer, please let me know.
my e-mail is ragalvan1018@gmail.com  feel free to PM me and I can get you my phone number as well.

Thanks!