Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853429 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #500 on: January 20, 2015, 03:58:30 AM »
It would take me a lifetime or most likely never get off the shelf.  But then again if it was top shelf, it wouldn't be gathering any dust at all.

Congrats on your SS1000!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #501 on: January 20, 2015, 06:05:19 AM »
Thanks guys!!  Yes, my IBA is the SaddleSore 1000.

Brian, you are correct that I was learning about crimping a few weeks ago with my lighting project. I did buy a nice crimping tool.
My biggest concern with installing the Rostra is locating the proper wires on the bike to connect into.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:27:29 PM by sailor_chic »

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #502 on: January 20, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »
I saw my C14 today for the first time in months.  I picked up my registration sticker last week and wanted to get it on the bike before I lost it.   There it was under a cover, tucked between a 'vette & a drag car.  Just like I had left it.  No fob with or I would have turned the key to check the battery voltage.  Should be no problem there with the tender hooked up.  Winter storage is in a friend's heated garage.  I usually just drop it off in November and pick it up in April depending on weather.  My last big ice fishing trip is this week so come on April!
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline tomp

« Reply #503 on: January 20, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »
The temp was in the mid 70's today, and I had to ride.  Been a while, as unemployment mandates how limited funds are spent.  Filled up, $2.15 a gallon for premium, WOW!  Realized too late that I had left my earplugs at home.  Bad move.  Then realized that every school zone was active at 20MPH.  Was out for an hour and made only 20 miles, added that  home bound traffic jams had already started too.   It was still refreshing just to feel the bike work out beneath me.  Hope to ride again tomorrow, before the cold and wet arrive again. 

A great week to all, riding or not.  tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #504 on: January 20, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »
The temp was in the mid 70's today, and I had to ride.  Been a while, as unemployment mandates how limited funds are spent.  Filled up, $2.15 a gallon for premium, WOW!  Realized too late that I had left my earplugs at home.  Bad move.  Then realized that every school zone was active at 20MPH.  Was out for an hour and made only 20 miles, added that  home bound traffic jams had already started too.   It was still refreshing just to feel the bike work out beneath me.  Hope to ride again tomorrow, before the cold and wet arrive again. 

A great week to all, riding or not.  tomp

^^^good luck finding employment my friend
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline tomp

« Reply #505 on: January 20, 2015, 06:38:15 PM »
^^^good luck finding employment my friend

Thanks.  Filed for early Social Security last week.  May be my only option and income, hope not, though.  tp

sailor_chic

« Reply #506 on: January 20, 2015, 08:10:43 PM »
Glad that you were out riding. I'm sure even the short slow ride helped refresh your mind.
You'll find a job.  Positive thinking is key.

Offline tomp

« Reply #507 on: January 20, 2015, 08:45:35 PM »
Glad that you were out riding. I'm sure even the short slow ride helped refresh your mind.
You'll find a job.  Positive thinking is key.
Thanks Nicole.  Gonna ride tomorrow to see my son who is around half way across town  (Houston is a town?).  tp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #508 on: January 20, 2015, 09:26:09 PM »
After over a week of flu and another week of horrible weather, I finally got out on Sunday for a 2 hour ride.  Rewarded the bike after by washing it (well, and the car too, they were both way overdue).  If the rain chooses not to invade this coming Sun, I will take the bike to RIC on Sun to visit mom.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #509 on: January 20, 2015, 09:59:02 PM »
Hope the weather co-operates for you.  Low mid 60's here this weekend.  Need to get the Dyna, RT, and Ninja out soon, before they commit mutiny in the garage.  tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #510 on: January 21, 2015, 04:19:38 AM »
Glad you're feeling better Max.

Tom  I can only imagine the ruckus that 4 bikes could cause.  I only have two bikes and have my hands full keeping both happy.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #511 on: January 21, 2015, 05:23:35 AM »
Hope the weather co-operates for you.  Low mid 60's here this weekend.  Need to get the Dyna, RT, and Ninja out soon, before they commit mutiny in the garage.  tomp

What now,  Mr. Christian?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #512 on: January 22, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »
Well, got to ride the C14 yesterday AM, and the Dyna PM.  The RT need a new license plate from the PO, and the Ninja needs a new front tire.  Guess those two will be left in the garage until needed changes can be made them.  Rain here all day today and again tomorrow.  Beautiful and in the 60's the weekend. 

Hope all that can ride get to ride, ASAP....

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2015, 12:53:03 AM »
Glad you're feeling better Max :thumbs:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2015, 11:33:15 AM »
Well, got to ride the C14 yesterday AM, and the Dyna PM.  The RT need a new license plate from the PO, and the Ninja needs a new front tire.  Guess those two will be left in the garage until needed changes can be made them.  Rain here all day today and again tomorrow.  Beautiful and in the 60's the weekend. 

Hope all that can ride get to ride, ASAP....

Tomp, I thought you were near me?
Cold and wet here for the last 2 days..

Oops, just saw my error. You rode 3 days ago... Yepp, it was nice that day!

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2015, 11:47:11 AM »
Tomp, I thought you were near me?
Cold and wet here for the last 2 days..

Oops, just saw my error. You rode 3 days ago... Yepp, it was nice that day!

Ride safe, Ted

Yup, ridiculously nice 3 days ago! I saw 75 degrees on the Connie LCD in Austin. Not so much today.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »

Tom  I can only imagine the ruckus that 4 bikes could cause.  I only have two bikes and have my hands full keeping both happy.

I'm feeling that pain too.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline tomp

« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2015, 06:52:39 PM »

Back in 2012, I had seven road worthy bikes in the garage.  All needed insurance, inspections, and registrations.  All due at different months.  Now that was a simply crazy on my part.  Expensive too. . .tp

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #518 on: January 24, 2015, 02:06:57 PM »
Installed locking exhaust header nuts and Canyon Cages today:

COG #548
My bikes:  Suzuki 06 WeeStrom, Kawasaki 09 C14 ABS, 83 Suzuki GS1100ED,

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #519 on: January 25, 2015, 08:28:57 PM »
>"What did you do to your Concours today? "

Took it to RIC and back (mom visit) ((Main St-> 5-> 199)).  Average from RIC to Williamsburg 35F, low 32F.  At low 30's heated vest/grips on max can't keep up anymore (but the seat is on fire).  LOTS of deer tonight.  Yeesh.  One was just standing on the shoulder staring at me, had to slow from 60 to 20 and he finally ran off.

The second leg/half of the trip ((64)) was average of 42F, much better (but boring, of course).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc