Author Topic: My opinion of the kawa touring seat  (Read 1311 times)

Offline katata1100

My opinion of the kawa touring seat
« on: May 21, 2019, 12:55:17 PM »
I have had a regular sergeant since ‘12. It looked real sharp, the silver piping matched my silver  ‘11 silver bike.
But then I noticed that my rear would start to hurt after a few hours and I could tell that the seat lost its cushion, started to feel more like a Corbin.
So, I got the kawa seat and it does feel good. But here’s something real nice about it-
I have tried different suspension settings and found them uncomfortable . One, for someone my height and weight, resulted in good handling but was a bit uncomfortable .I tried that setting combo with this seat and it felt perfect. This seat has the right “Cush” to compliment firmer settings, while  keeping me comfy . I feel it over a good bump, I can feel the seat compensate for what the suspension passes onto me, I can feel the seat compress.
With the sergeant, well, I felt it. Reminds me of the old joke, “ what does the ford model t use for shock absorbers ?
Answer- the passengers.
Anyhow, the bike now feels ready for some more long road trip adventures.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: My opinion of the kawa touring seat
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 04:45:10 PM »
With the sergeant, well, I felt it. Reminds me of the old joke, “ what does the ford model t use for shock absorbers ?
Answer- the passengers.

And the Sargent low seat model is even worse for comfort.  Well made, looks great, reliable, great accessories, reasonable price.  But it is hard because it has even less foam/cushion.  It is especially an issue for me on my inner thighs.  Unfortunately, I am kinda stuck because I absolutely need the lowest seat possible (due to short legs).  For that, it does the job.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline katata1100

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 06:17:06 PM »
I got a sergeant low from amazon and after one short test ride , it went back the next day- felt like it was made from wood.
My 7 year old sergeant regular seat doesn’t feel much different from that sergeant low seat.

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 06:18:18 PM »
Max, come to Denver for a visit. I'll get you hooked up for a custom seat mod, Bitchn Stitchn.  Did great on my stock seat. And, I have a nice spare bedroom, actually 2!    :chugbeer:   So, Katata, you're welcome, too!!!! :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Leo

Offline FTB530

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 07:56:52 PM »
I have put about a thousand miles on my touring seat, it is way better then stock and better then the Laam I had, but I may get the back of the pocket shaved down a bit and see how that goes, might not need to get that RDL!

Offline CDII

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 07:34:03 PM »
Really like my touring seat. Much more comfortable for me and wifey.
It does sit higher though. Not as sporty feeling.
6' 34" inseam can flatfoot.