Author Topic: Re: ECU flashing now available  (Read 12424 times)

Offline Bai65

Re: ECU flashing now available
« on: June 20, 2017, 12:25:48 AM »
Hi steve  i am new to this forum i ride gtr1400 2016 if i want to flash my ecu how?

Offline Bai65

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:26:47 AM »
I from singapore

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:57:12 AM »
Welcome to the forum.   What year bike?   If you want your ECU flashed you would need to remove it from the bike and send it to someone that does that sort of thing, like Steve.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20462.0
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:57:12 AM »
................I ride gtr1400 2016 ............

;D
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »
Too early in the morning..  :doh:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 03:35:47 PM »
Bai65 welcome. Go to this site and you'll find out what you need to know.  https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 06:27:11 PM »
thanks Ron - steve

Offline Bai65

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 01:23:30 AM »
Ok if i send ecu to steve how long i will get back o me ? N how much it cost  from singapore tu there?

Offline Freddy

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 04:24:14 AM »
You will need to check on express postage prices from Singapore to USA and also on any possible import charges you may have when the ECU is returned. 

See the link above - it has the price and other details.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 04:33:57 AM »
...and talk to the man doing the reflash. He can better answer those questions.

Offline Bai65

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:30 PM »
Sori for asking  ;D if i flash the ecu then i need anything like power commander or other thing to make the bike good? :D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 03:40:02 AM »
The reflash eliminates the need for any external fuel controller.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »
Sori for asking  ;D if i flash the ecu then i need anything like power commander or other thing to make the bike good? :D

No.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Bai65

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 09:38:02 PM »
Hi if in singapore  somebody can flash the ecu  its the same with steve flash?  I serch tru the web n found https://www.woolichracing.com  doing the flash have u all heard? Sorimy english not so good ;D

Offline Freddy

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 04:18:53 AM »
Lots of workshops can flash the ECU including the folks at Woolich but nobody can do it to the highest of customer satisfaction levels that Steve's service and results give.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 04:27:30 AM »
You got that right!

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 07:51:44 AM »
Thisreflash stuff is interesting. If you dig around, you start to get  a feel of who is good for bike "X" and how that guy might be THE man on that specific bike.

I believe Steve is so far out in the lead, with regards to the concours 14, that no one else even comes close.

Steves already helped my riding situation.  I rat-holed the reflash money, and swore Id send mine in as soon as the snow made riding impossible.   Of course, that snow never really happened, and I was able to ride in each and every month, last year.

That would have never happened if I was not looking forward to downtime, and sending my ecu to him.

UI have that fuel moto map, and butterflies removed.  A vast improvement, over stock, but the low end response is not right.

I cant really describe "not right" but my ninja 1000 has had a reflash, and i want my 14 to respond like it does.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 10:44:17 AM »
Woolich doesn't flash any bikes, they sell components to be able to flash, as well as several other companies. This is so you can build you own flash if you want. It's a great idea, except that tuning on any engine requires a pretty solid knowledge base on what you're doing.  When you hear the warnings about being able to smoke an engine pretty quick, well think about how many engines get grenaded at the racetrack because the tuner pushed the limits looking for the last bit of power.

As far as RCannon's post, well he's absolutely right, not all flashes are the same, and you'll get the best work from someone who specializes and deeply cares about a given model or 2. There's a fellow who tunes vmax's, and that's all he does. His tunes are head and shoulders above all others. Everyone I've talked to said "he is the man" on that model. so for me to consider tuning a vmax would be ludicrous.

Along those same lines, I know of a couple other concours tunes. One is laughably cheap, and they list at least 20 different exhaust systems the tune will work with. The only problem is none of those exhausts are even built for a zg1400. So do you really think there was any effort to even learn about the concours, or what the riders want, from that company? They didn't even do due diligence in knowing what exhausts are available, yet they claim their tune works with it. What a freakin' joke, and the joke is on the poor schmuck who falls for the idea that all flashes are the same.

When I set out with this project, i knew I had to eclipse any work done by other tuners. IF you know me, you know the one thing I have is pride in my workmanship - so I can look you in the eye when I do work for you and you know you got my best effort.  Couple that, my history with the Concours and it's owners (of which I have been for 12 years) and you start to see why I put in the effort I did. I'm not trying to make an advertisement here, but this is simply my reality. I wouldn't be able to build the best gsxr1000 tune, or the best zx14 tune; I don't ride those bikes, and some very talented tuners do. I ride a Concours... just like you. So figure from there if all tunes are the same. Steve

Steve

Offline Bai65

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 11:22:17 PM »
Hi steve i agree with u   that y i want u to flash my ecu but the pro is  its take about  3 to 4 weeks theni get the ecu backs that means i have to ground my c14 right ? Ok can u give me your add then i can check with dhl or ups how much i have to pay for sending to u .just ask if u got another way  to shorten the week to send me back the ecu

Offline Bai65

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 11:27:08 PM »
If u have any xtra of the ecu  that cn u sell to me plus n flash to my c14, the stocks ecu i will keep for standby 😁