Author Topic: AST Adjustable Touring Pegs  (Read 22409 times)

Offline phoneman

Re: AST Adjustable Touring Pegs
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »
  I'm wondering if they are compatible with Canyon cages.

If so that would be a great combination--protection for the bike and pegs that are low enough ( and adjustable ) for us longer legged guys.

I might be interested in a group buy also if this would work.

OR--maybe the builder of these could make footpegs that would fit the Canyon cages that would put your feet more down and forward like his pegs do.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 03:27:22 PM »
Just sent him a email telling of the buzz that is going on over here to see if he would want to chime in (since hes already a member) and share some of his drawing board ideas.

Offline Smokeyzx

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 08:36:43 AM »
  I'm wondering if they are compatible with Canyon cages.

If so that would be a great combination--protection for the bike and pegs that are low enough ( and adjustable ) for us longer legged guys.

I might be interested in a group buy also if this would work.

OR--maybe the builder of these could make footpegs that would fit the Canyon cages that would put your feet more down and forward like his pegs do.

+1
Colorado
2013 Blue

Offline clogan

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 03:10:55 PM »
+1

I dunno...looks like the frame for these pegs mount to the same engine mount bolts as do the Canyon Cages...but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyhow, I bought risers from AST. Good product. His RBT lights look attractive at $100. If I was still looking for added rear lights, I might give them a try.

Gotta admire anyone trying to make a go of it, owning their own company. I was a CPA for 30 years...helped many a small business trying to get started...saw most of them fail. It's hard.

Here's a good luck wish for AST. :thumbs: :thumbs:
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 08:29:41 AM »
Well i placed my order on the evening on the 14th and i recieved it in the mail 2 day priority(free shipping) on the 17th. It came from Michigan i live in Ohio. Box is well sealed up with no outside damage, i'm going to unbox it later today when i have time to take pics and such.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 06:39:58 PM »
havent gotten around to doing the unboxing yet. Ive been working 7am to 7pm and getting the kids stuff done when i get home so ive been i little busy. Planning on hitting the IMS in Cleveland on Saturday and hope to get this done on Sunday.

Offline buster1

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 04:43:23 PM »
2tall, Hows things with the AST touring pegs evaluation going?  :)
David A. Phillips
Winterville, Georgia
K1200 LT BMW
09 C1400 Kawasaki

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 05:05:24 PM »
Just unboxed them the other day, and took some pics with my phone because my good camera took a crap. I'm going to borrow a  camera and try to get some better pics.  Due to the shitty weather around here its going to be a while before i get a chance to mount them so, stay tuned. I store my bike in a 10x20 shed in the back yard and currently there is or was a 3ft drift of snow across my back yard, i think half of it melted this weekend but still going to be a bit.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 04:21:40 PM »
Hey all,
I bought a set of these from Ryan last summer for my '11.

These rock! Wow... What a difference...

Ryan's got a good product here, and great CS to boot.

I don't have canyon cages, so you may have a situation where both need to share the same mounting bolts... Not sure.

2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 06:58:54 PM »
Been working a ton of OT at work since the middle of December so i havent had any extra time but.....Finally got them installed today, not really ready to give complete review yet but there are a few things i can note at this time. First of all the product is well made and thought out. The written installation instructions were detailed and the video on youtube is a must watch for the install because the picture don't help a whole lot. The only problem with the product that i encountered was there were supposed to be 2 lock nuts and i only got one lock nut and one standard(no problem i found one in my collection) and they give you a small vile of blue thread locker and is nowhere near enough(again no problem i had some). And the biggest suprise was if you want to use the forward most mounted position you have to sand, grind or file down just a bit of the lower faring on the left side so it wont rub. I decided to do this because of my long legs i used a dremel with a sanding drum and made short work of it and unless you got down on your knees and look underneath you would never know.

Now for us 2008-2009 guys there are some issues. First is with the install and removing the engine bolt for the top side of the bracket, he says in the instructions and video that we will need a swivel for the socket and yes this does work but if you have ever used one of these at a extreem angle you will know they dont work all that well under extreem torque, and it takes some doing to get it broke free with out scuffing up the painted edges of the fairing. And issue number 2 for us 08-09ers is the heat deflector on the engine opening, while in the seated position with you feet on these pegs that part digs into the side of your leg. You can still angle you feet out ward to reduce this effect but you are only utilizing the outer 50% of the peg. I dont think this would be as big of a issue on the 2010 and up de to the different faring.

Ill post more later with a couple other pics but it wont be real soon. Ill wait till i hve some saddle time with these and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:14:56 AM by 2talltim »

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 10:23:44 AM »
One thing I noticed on mine is that it not only utilizes the same engine mounting bolts as the one's required for my to bolt the CC bracket and the mounting of my tipover bars, but the square tubing frame drops downward and blocks a cross bracket my tipovers need.

I contacted Ryan and told him about that. He said he'd look into seeing about possibly making the next ones a bit different with a curved bend there.

He's recently moved to another state, and is just now getting set back up and going again.
So it's been pretty crazy for him as of late.

I'm looking forward to seeing his new passenger armrest setups.
He's supposed to have a working prototype finished soon, and said he'd let me know so I can test them out. The move's just slowed him down a bit...totally understandable.
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline Jump Pilot

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 01:56:19 AM »
This thread is a little old but instead of starting a new one I thought I'd re-use it. It's my first first post so sorry if I'm in the wrong place. To be straight forward I'm at a loss to get help via email so I'm using this Forum as it helped another user by posting in here.

I ordered from Advanced Sport Touring last month (June) but nothing has been received yet. I've sent 2 follow up emails and no reply. I'm concerned about my order and my money. I've heard other people also have problems: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=14083.0

Ryan Niquette gave me an auto reply email when the order was placed, my money has been deducted off the credit card, but nothing to show for it. I hope Ryan is reading this and can help me out. I'm in Australia and things can take a few weeks, but not hearing an email reply from you concerns me.

Ryan, any comment?
Order #1670 placed 20 June 2014.

Thanks,
Brendan.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 05:51:08 AM »
This thread is a little old but instead of starting a new one I thought I'd re-use it.

Nothing wrong with that.  In fact, it is preferable

It's my first first post

Welcome!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 03:12:25 PM »
This thread is a little old but instead of starting a new one I thought I'd re-use it. It's my first first post so sorry if I'm in the wrong place. To be straight forward I'm at a loss to get help via email so I'm using this Forum as it helped another user by posting in here.

I ordered from Advanced Sport Touring last month (June) but nothing has been received yet. I've sent 2 follow up emails and no reply. I'm concerned about my order and my money. I've heard other people also have problems: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=14083.0

Ryan Niquette gave me an auto reply email when the order was placed, my money has been deducted off the credit card, but nothing to show for it. I hope Ryan is reading this and can help me out. I'm in Australia and things can take a few weeks, but not hearing an email reply from you concerns me.

Ryan, any comment?
Order #1670 placed 20 June 2014.

Thanks,
Brendan.

Great product, I wish you luck in receiving it.  Ryan has been hit and miss lately and that is being nice so Cuda doesn't get me...lo.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »
WHAT ... that will be three Hail Marys and two Our Fathers!
Tar and feather him I say ...

Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 03:23:11 PM »
lol,  I hope he gets back on track because at one time had great service and products.  Unfortunately I think a lot of bridges have been burnt.  Then again as the saying goes...America loves a comeback.

Offline Drugless

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »
I too am an Australian awaiting an order to be delivered. It's a month since ordering and receiving the confirmation of order email and not a peep since.  This is in fact my second order from Ryan and the first one arrived within two weeks. Astounding!! So what's going on?  I hope he's O.K. after tangling with that deer,  lets hope for a quick resolution........
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline MadMac1!

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »
AST took my 300 dollars for pegs. Took two weeks to reach Ryan Niquette who gave me a story about being in a wreck. I felt bad and agreed to wait after he promised me a free gift and express shipping when they were ready. That time has come and gone and still no pegs and he has not returned my money despite the dozens of emails, phone calls, and Facebook messages I have left requesting him to do one or the other. I will start the process of legally getting my money back and reporting this company and its owner as fraudulent. Many people on COG are having the same problem. I don't expect perfection and Im willing to work with anyone but when a company will not answer an email after they have taken my money I have a serious problem with them.

Offline clogan

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »
AST took my 300 dollars for pegs. Took two weeks to reach Ryan Niquette who gave me a story about being in a wreck. I felt bad and agreed to wait after he promised me a free gift and express shipping when they were ready. That time has come and gone and still no pegs and he has not returned my money despite the dozens of emails, phone calls, and Facebook messages I have left requesting him to do one or the other. I will start the process of legally getting my money back and reporting this company and its owner as fraudulent. Many people on COG are having the same problem. I don't expect perfection and Im willing to work with anyone but when a company will not answer an email after they have taken my money I have a serious problem with them.

Many are concerned that perhaps Ryan unfortunately may not have survived the crash. In any event, it is becoming clear that his business has not. Too bad, as he once was among the best.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline connie and me

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2014, 08:15:49 PM »
I also was gonna buy these for mine, and actually e-mailed Ryan a few times last year,, my only concern was how much cornering clearance we were gonna lose. imo, to be stretched out that far and down, its gonna limit cornering, then winter came and it was off the radar....
2012 Black