Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 304875 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #460 on: June 02, 2015, 04:59:36 PM »
As usual for us the politicians screw around with the plans  :thumbdown

I can't believe that they are using the F-35..  Don't you guys still have Harriers?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #461 on: August 30, 2015, 07:36:21 PM »
Ancients Behaving Badly - Gengis Khan
National Geographic

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #462 on: September 01, 2015, 09:48:46 AM »
Old film, "Written on the Wind", all star cast, Rock Hudson, Dorothy Malone- in Oscar winning role-, Lauren Bacall, Robert Stack. Its about a mans life and business downfall at the hands of his spoiled children. Color, 1956.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #463 on: September 01, 2015, 05:43:30 PM »
Robbie Madison's PIPE DREAM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDi9uFcD7XI    8)

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #464 on: September 07, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »
"Glory Stompers" 1967, biker film, Dennis Hopper, Jock Mahoney, and a young Casey Kasem, fun to watch all the non-HD bikes, lots of Honda's and Triumphs in these old biker movies, it has something for everyone, bikes, drugs, sex, nudity, girl fights, guy fights, and a film so bad that its good. ;D

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #465 on: September 08, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »
Fear The Walking Dead...  :yikes:
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #466 on: September 16, 2015, 10:49:32 AM »
Watched "Lawrence of Arabia" for the first time. Not sure it was worth the almost 4 hours of time but I did like the Brough Superior bike in the first minute of the move. Apparently one of his (T. E. Lawrence) bikes sold at auction for like 1/4 million dollars.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #467 on: September 16, 2015, 12:30:27 PM »
Watched "Lawrence of Arabia" for the first time. Not sure it was worth the almost 4 hours of time but I did like the Brough Superior bike in the first minute of the move. Apparently one of his (T. E. Lawrence) bikes sold at auction for like 1/4 million dollars.

I watched the restored version a while back... was amazed how blue Peter O'Toole's eyes were in it!  I really enjoyed it, appreciated it for what it was for when it was made.  Kinda like watching The Searchers, old John Wayne movie... just amazing color and story I guess.
Rob

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #468 on: September 16, 2015, 12:48:11 PM »
Hey sherob, I like your signature. Mine should be:

Austin, TX... missing Colorado!

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #469 on: September 16, 2015, 12:54:06 PM »
I lived in the Houston area for almost 30 years, 1979 till 2007... moved to Denver in 2007... do miss Texas, friends and family... food... HEB, fresh seafood, real bbq, Chuy's and Los Cucos, Taste Of Texas steaks, real TexMex... LOL!!!  Don't miss traffic that much.  LOL!!! 
Rob

Offline Conrad

« Reply #470 on: September 18, 2015, 04:50:40 AM »
I was flipping through the channels yesterday and landed on an episode of CHIPS. My oldest son used to love this show.

Hey, is that Bruce Jenner? Damn, that 'guy' can't act AT ALL. It was near the end of the show and the credits rolled as I watched for 'his' name. Wait a minute. Bruce Jenner isn't listed but Caitlyn Jenner is.  :o 

What the hell? 'He' wasn't Caitlyn back then! I can't believe that they had to go back and change the credits in order to change 'his' name. Wow.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #471 on: September 18, 2015, 08:48:15 AM »
I was flipping through the channels yesterday and landed on an episode of CHIPS. My oldest son used to love this show.

Hey, is that Bruce Jenner? Damn, that 'guy' can't act AT ALL. It was near the end of the show and the credits rolled as I watched for 'his' name. Wait a minute. Bruce Jenner isn't listed but Caitlyn Jenner is.  :o 

What the hell? 'He' wasn't Caitlyn back then! I can't believe that they had to go back and change the credits in order to change 'his' name. Wow.

Yeah, was still "Bruce".
Wonder if they have to rewrite the Olympic record books.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #472 on: September 18, 2015, 09:04:49 AM »
Kurt Sutter from Sons of Anarchy fame, now has Bastard Executioners. I almost turned it off after 10 minutes, but we powered through the first hour of the first episode. Doubt we will keep watching it. Seems hard to follow, boring, and very gory.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #473 on: September 18, 2015, 09:55:42 AM »
Watched a documentary about Bill Genaust, the photographer that was standing next to Joe Rosenthal who took the famous black and white picture of the flag raising on Iwo Jima and recorded the event on 16mm color motion picture camera. Joe Rosenthal went on to win the Pulitzer Prize and become famous. Bill Genaust died on Iwo 9 days later and has been lost to history. He died going into a tunnel and was machine-gunned by a Japanese hold out. Per policy, the Marines blew up the tunnel and sealed it instead of going in after him. Later attempts to recover the body of Bill Genaust including one in the 2000's proved unsuccessful. Many believed that Rosenthal staged the famous photo. It was Genaust's film that proved it was real. Yes it was the second time a US flag was raised on Iwo but when a general saw the first flag he thought it was too small and ordered another larger flag. That raising was just as dangerous and was real.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #474 on: September 18, 2015, 10:06:54 AM »
Kurt Sutter from Sons of Anarchy fame, now has Bastard Executioners. I almost turned it off after 10 minutes, but we powered through the first hour of the first episode. Doubt we will keep watching it. Seems hard to follow, boring, and very gory.

We probably got through about 20 minutes and decided it wasn't for us...for the same reasons.  Fingers crossed for Fargo and American Horror.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #475 on: September 18, 2015, 10:17:27 AM »
We probably got through about 20 minutes and decided it wasn't for us...for the same reasons.  Fingers crossed for Fargo and American Horror.

Oh man, Fargo looks great. Ok really the trailers look pretty bland, but knowing just how good season 1 was, I know it will be just as awesome.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #476 on: September 18, 2015, 02:50:39 PM »
I just couldn't take Gemma seriously especially with that accent.  I hope it does well for Sutter but I think it's going to be a stinker.  Everyone is getting on the 'thrones bandwagon.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #477 on: September 18, 2015, 09:36:04 PM »
Hope they have another Billy Bob character in Fargo.
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #478 on: September 19, 2015, 03:27:54 AM »
I don't know if I could take another character like that.  He was one scary dude.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #479 on: September 19, 2015, 08:20:43 AM »
"Magnificent Obsession", 1954, Rock Hudson, Jane Wyman, great old film, actually a remake, original was from 1935 starring Irene Dunne and a very young Robert Taylor.