Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 305027 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #520 on: January 08, 2016, 05:33:42 PM »
Just finished Make a Murderer.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #521 on: January 08, 2016, 07:03:46 PM »
Nazi Mega Weapons on Netflix
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #522 on: January 08, 2016, 10:08:56 PM »
Watched a series called "Carrier" from PBS about life on the Nimitz. Very informative. Such a dangerous job some of those people have!!! Steamed it from Amazon or Netflix, can't remember which.
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Conrad

« Reply #523 on: January 09, 2016, 06:53:46 AM »
We've been binge watching Breaking Bad. We've tried a number of times to watch this show but couldn't make it past the first few episodes for one reason or the other. Once we made it past the first season we were hooked! Damn this is a good show!!!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #524 on: January 09, 2016, 07:37:53 AM »
Sometimes a tv series just doesn't gel until after the first or second year of production..assuming it gets that far.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #525 on: January 09, 2016, 11:11:14 AM »
We've been binge watching Breaking Bad. We've tried a number of times to watch this show but couldn't make it past the first few episodes for one reason or the other. Once we made it past the first season we were hooked! Damn this is a good show!!!

I was hooked at the end of the first episode.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #526 on: January 09, 2016, 03:11:07 PM »
You are in for a treat- perhaps the best series ever on TV, and would rival a lot of great movies too. Overall quality is outstanding from beginning to the very last episode although the first 1/2 of season 5 is a tad slow (season 5 was split across two years, so there are either two halves to season 5 or there were both a season 5 and season 6). Best final to any series I have ever watched also.

The creator of that series, Vince Gilligan, said it was basically about Mr. Chips turning into Scarface. Watch the series and see if that is not exactly right.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #527 on: January 10, 2016, 06:44:33 AM »
You are in for a treat- perhaps the best series ever on TV, and would rival a lot of great movies too. Overall quality is outstanding from beginning to the very last episode although the first 1/2 of season 5 is a tad slow (season 5 was split across two years, so there are either two halves to season 5 or there were both a season 5 and season 6). Best final to any series I have ever watched also.

The creator of that series, Vince Gilligan, said it was basically about Mr. Chips turning into Scarface. Watch the series and see if that is not exactly right.

Brian

You're right, Brian! We're on ep 3 of season 3 and the show is getting better and better. It's hard to stop watching!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #528 on: January 10, 2016, 07:55:53 AM »
The making of the new X files coming out this month. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #529 on: January 11, 2016, 01:01:55 PM »

Brian

+1 I never watched a single episode when it was originally aired. Then binged watched the entire series in about 6 weeks. Had some withdrawal when it was finally over.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #530 on: January 13, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »
Watched Pompeii last night- ptu, ptu (trying to get the horrible taste out of my eyes).

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #531 on: January 13, 2016, 05:08:52 PM »
Just finished watching the first episode of Angel on Amazon.  I intend to go through the whole series again and with my memory it will be like watching for the first time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #532 on: January 14, 2016, 05:07:27 AM »
Just finished watching the first episode of Angel on Amazon.  I intend to go through the whole series again and with my memory it will be like watching for the first time.

Watching what?    ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #533 on: January 14, 2016, 06:13:07 AM »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #534 on: January 14, 2016, 06:17:20 AM »
Watching what?    ;)
C, looks like that went over his head helmet.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #535 on: January 14, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »
 >:( :rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #536 on: January 15, 2016, 04:49:13 AM »
C, looks like that went over his head helmet.

I'm wondering if he needs a new helmet? The old one may be a bit tight and cutting off the proper blood flow. 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #537 on: January 15, 2016, 10:33:15 AM »
Nothing wrong with wearing clothing that fits, even if it's a few years old.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #538 on: January 15, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »
I have been watching "Hell on Wheels". It's got its ups and downs. I'm almost finished with the first 2 seasons so apparently it's keeping me interested. By pure coincidence, I just saw a link in FB about a woman named Olive Oatman, who was kidnapped by indians and sold to another tribe. The town of Oatman AZ was named after her. One of the characters in Hell on Wheels was apparently inspired by her including the unique tattoo on her chin from the Mohave indians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Oatman

Offline Jim H

« Reply #539 on: January 15, 2016, 02:38:48 PM »
  Finished Man in the  High Castle.....pretty good so far.