Author Topic: Share your favorite recipe  (Read 31929 times)

Offline BackInTheSaddle

Re: Share your favorite recipe
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2014, 03:24:32 PM »
My simple favorite;

Take one short, clean glass
Add 3 fingers of Crown Royal (may substitute your favorite)
Bam!

Perfect for a snack, appetizer, dinner, dessert or just a relaxing chat with friends.  Enjoy  ;D
Don, Apple Valley, MN
2008 C-14 ABS, AeroFlow Tall, Murph's risers with wedges, Buell pegs, Zumo 590, lowered pegs, Russell Day-Long
Previous bikes 2001 Kawi C10 (RIP), and 1981 Honda CB650
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/DonaldHollinger/MOTO/Map_zpse09bb1e5

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »
This has been this winters favorite
Briess 2-row Brewers Malt - 6lb
Briess 6-row Brewers Malt - 8 oz
Dingemans Special B - 4oz
Briess Crystal Malt 80L - 8
Muntons Roasted Barley - 2 oz
Muntons Chocolate Malt - 4 oz -
Hops Cascade 2 oz -
Flaked oats - 4oz - Toasted
Wyeast Irish Ale (1084) 125ml
Water
Mash, sparge, boil, cool, ferment, wait, bottle, chill, enjoy
Makes 2.5 gallons. Serves two
;) and its vegetarian...

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »
LOL
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2014, 02:21:49 PM »
Hops Cascade 2 oz -
Water
;) and its vegetarian...

:thumbs: Excellent!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2014, 02:34:24 PM »
Hops Cascade 2 oz -
Water
;) and its vegetarian...

I'm going to double it and still serve two.  ;D

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »
When I realized how much beer I can consume I decided to half the recipe... Plus did away with extract and my "equipment" isn't big enough for a full batch. (that's what she said)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2014, 03:28:32 PM »

Even better!  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2014, 03:55:48 PM »

And we'd probably still need to get some PBR after...  ;D :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2014, 04:33:01 AM »
My simple favorite;

Take one short, clean glass
Add 3 fingers of Crown Royal (may substitute your favorite)
Bam!

Perfect for a snack, appetizer, dinner, dessert or just a relaxing chat with friends.  Enjoy  ;D

Does it have to be a clean glass?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »
How to cook a Porterhouse steak. This makes a spectacular steak. I was never one to pan fry a steak until I found this recipe.

1. Start with a room-temperature, dry-aged porterhouse. Salt it aggressively on both sides. With a steak this thick, a little salt sprinkled on the outside won’t do it—make it rain.

2. Get a skillet really hot over medium-high heat (see Rule No. 1). Add a dash of a neutral oil to get things going. Place steak in pan. Don’t touch it. After about 4 minutes, when it’s got a beautiful brown crust, move it to a cutting board, crust side up.

3. Cut the steak off the bone in two pieces—the strip on one side, the filet on the other. Cut straight down into thick slices perpendicular to the bone.

4. Here’s the cool part: Place the bone back in the hot pan, and reassemble the sliced meat alongside it, crust side up. Top the steak with a few fat pats of butter.

5. Heat broiler and place the pan underneath. Broil till sizzling and gorgeous and a perfect medium-rare, 4–6 minutes. (Since the steak is already sliced, you can peek to check doneness.)

6. Serve the porter-house directly from the pan, and spoon the buttery pan sauces over each portion.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:26:38 PM by Gumby »

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2014, 07:03:39 PM »
Now that does look good Gumby.....................Washed done with your home brew  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »
How to cook a Porterhouse steak. This makes a spectacular steak. I was never one to pan fry a steak until I found this recipe.

1. Start with a room-temperature, dry-aged porterhouse. Salt it aggressively on both sides. With a steak this thick, a little salt sprinkled on the outside won’t do it—make it rain.

2. Get a skillet really hot over medium-high heat (see Rule No. 1). Add a dash of a neutral oil to get things going. Place steak in pan. Don’t touch it. After about 4 minutes, when it’s got a beautiful brown crust, move it to a cutting board, crust side up.

3. Cut the steak off the bone in two pieces—the strip on one side, the filet on the other. Cut straight down into thick slices perpendicular to the bone.

4. Here’s the cool part: Place the bone back in the hot pan, and reassemble the sliced meat alongside it, crust side up. Top the steak with a few fat pats of butter.

5. Heat broiler and place the pan underneath. Broil till sizzling and gorgeous and a perfect medium-rare, 4–6 minutes. (Since the steak is already sliced, you can peek to check doneness.)

6. Serve the porter-house directly from the pan, and spoon the buttery pan sauces over each portion.

:P

Wow man, that looks freakin awesome!!  :thumbs: :thumbs:
If for some reason my marriage doesn't pan out we'll have to be room-mates again! ;D :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2014, 04:59:09 AM »

:P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »
Health food! I want two for breakfast and another two for lunch. Maybe in our future from the Burger King / donut merger.  ;)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2014, 10:53:57 AM »
"Say, that IS a tasty burger!"  Looks great Tom but what is the concept of "portions" you speak of? Oh, you mean if there are other people around or something?

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »
Just found this thread. And for the first time in decades, I have a decent grill, a Charbroil Infrared with new, single- plate, stainless steel racks (the original were doubles and while they worked OK, they did not transfer enough heat to the food).

My very favorite is a piece of dead cow, usually a clean rib eye if I can find any or a piece of sirloin, coated modestly well on both sides with Koshering salt. Then a medium sprinkle of McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning. Let the meat stand for about 2 hours at room temperature while covered to absorb the salt. Put cow on hot grill for two minutes, then turn 90 degrees for another 2 minutes, then flip and do the identical thing to the other side. Leaves the meat medium or just a touch beyond and fantastically flavored.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2014, 12:03:21 PM »

BBQ Squirrel

~ 4 squirrels, quartered
~ 3 tbsp salt
~ 2 tsp pepper
~ 1 tsp garlic powder
~ 1 tsp onion powder
~ your favorite dry rub
~ charcoal briquets
~ 3 handfuls hickory chips
~ your favorite bbq sauce

In a large pot, boil the squirrel in water seasoned with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder for 1 hour or until tender.

In the meantime, soak the hickory chips in water. Light the charcoal and let them get white hot. Place them to one side of your grill.

Remove the squirrel from the water and pat dry. Coat with your favorite dry rub.

Add one handful of wood chips to the hot coals.

Place squirrel on grill across from the hot coals. Cover and smoke for 1 hour. Add a handful of wood chips every half hour.

Add last of the wood chips and baste squirrel with bbq sauce. Smoke for another half hour basting another 3 - 4 times.

Serve with mashed potatoes, sweet corn and buttermilk bisquits.

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2014, 12:28:34 PM »
Barbarian! You, Sir, are advocating Squirrelicide! I give you fair warning- I am going to ask ALL of my relatives to carpet all the walking areas around your home with acorns! I hope you slip, fall and land on my nuts!

Signed:
An Enraged Kirby

BBQ )$(#*#($(
~ 4 %^(($*#$#%, quartered
~ 3 tbsp salt
~ 2 tsp pepper
~ 1 tsp garlic powder
~ 1 tsp onion powder
~ your favorite dry rub
~ charcoal briquets

In a large pot, boil the )%*(#$*# in water seasoned with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder for 1 hour or until tender.

In the meantime, soak the hickory chips in water. Light the charcoal and let them get white hot. Place them to one side of your grill.

Remove the %()($*#(% from the water and pat dry. Coat with your favorite dry rub.

Place &**^*$%&$ on grill across from the hot coals. Cover and smoke for 1 hour. Add a handful of wood chips every half hour.

Add last of the wood chips and baste (($*%$& with bbq sauce. Smoke for another half hour basting another 3 - 4 times.

Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2014, 07:06:08 PM »
BBQ Squirrel

~ 4 squirrels, quartered
~ 3 tbsp salt
~ 2 tsp pepper
~ 1 tsp garlic powder
~ 1 tsp onion powder
~ your favorite dry rub
~ charcoal briquets

In a large pot, boil the squirrel in water seasoned with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder for 1 hour or until tender.

Remove the squirrel from the water and pat dry. Coat with your favorite dry rub.

Place squirrel on grill across from the hot coals. Cover and smoke for 1 hour. Add a handful of wood chips every half hour.

Add last of the wood chips and baste squirrel with bbq sauce. Smoke for another half hour basting another 3 - 4 times.

Barbarian! You, Sir, are advocating Squirrelicide! I give you fair warning- I am going to ask ALL of my relatives to carpet all the walking areas around your home with acorns! I hope you slip, fall and land on my nuts!

Signed:
An Enraged Kirby

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2014, 07:07:43 PM »
Everybody knows that squirrel is best served on a stick!!