Author Topic: Seth Laam Custom Seat  (Read 23212 times)

Offline jamiemac

Re: Seth Laam Custom Seat
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 04:44:57 AM »
Just got the seat back from Seth Laam and did 350 miles on Sunday. I spent $365. for a custom stitched leather seat and all parts of me are still smiling. Seth has a real talent and his operation is the epitome of a great running small business. I can say that the bike is now perfect except for the bazooka exhaust.
Let's see it! Pictures on the bike please.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline ratsac

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 08:43:11 PM »
thanks 55, you inspired me and i rang seth today and ordered up me seat, cant wait for the fall riding season,

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2012, 09:26:09 PM »
Got Mine today. I love it! Beautiful work. Need to take a few pics when there is more light. The flash made it look funny.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline sixshooter

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »
The seat looks great. I had been bouncing back and forth between a seat from Rich's or from Laam and decided to send mine off to Seth last Friday. Seth received it Tuesday and called me yesterday telling me it was finished and he was shipping it off today. I should have it by Tuesday. I'm waiting for the photo he said he would send just before he ships the seat. He had told me initially that there was a three week wait and I was really suprised that he finished it so quickly.  I will post the photo as soon as I get it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2012, 10:29:02 AM »
Check his facebook page for a photo.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
does the size of the Concours seat push it into the "Oversized" category for pricing?
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2012, 07:07:56 PM »
does the size of the Concours seat push it into the "Oversized" category for pricing?
No. The oversize seats are listed on His site.

http://yourcustomseat.com/oversized-seats/

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »
I wrote a short blog article on the evolution of My Connie's seat. It all started when I decided to modify it Myself. That worked out OK, but the decision to get Seth to build Me one was a good one.

http://jamiethebiker.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/motorcycle-seat-evolution/

Offline SimonSaysDie

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 06:10:46 PM »
My seat just got shipped back today.  I can't speak about after the sale, but up front customer service is definitely A+.  He called me several times to talk to me about what I wanted and then again once he received the seat to make sure I hadn't changed my mind about anything.  He received it on Monday and it's already been shipped back; I'll have it back by the end of the week...outstanding!  If the workmanship is half as good as his up front service, I expect to be very happy.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 06:18:02 PM »
Nice read Jamie.  The service does not stop after the sale.  I sent mine back for a modification and the service was great. 

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
Yup. Seth has customer service all figured out. Other companies would do well to follow his example.

Offline sixshooter

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 08:46:36 PM »
Well Seth shipped my seat yesterday and it should arrive on Thursday. It has been a real pleasure dealing with him on the phone and the price of the seat was very reasonable. The photo he sent of the completed seat looks great. With a nice weekend ahead, I should be able to loop up around Mt. Hood and get some miles on the saddle to test it out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein