Author Topic: A&R Motorsports HID kit input  (Read 47433 times)

Offline overlord

Re: A&R Motorsports HID kit input
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 02:26:15 PM »
sounds like a pretty good deal... I'm in - 9 more to go

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »
I'm going to sticky a new thread in the C14 Accessory area.  It will have more visibility there.

Group buy thread set up....  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6291.0
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »
Patrick, how long are you going to run this special?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline aandrmotorsport

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
Patrick, how long are you going to run this special?

There is no expiration as of right now, I will offer special forum pricing as long as I am allowed. 

-Patrick

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 02:53:27 PM »
Thanks!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 02:58:52 PM »
What bulb temp is everyone getting?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »

I just got the 6000k setup Sparky.  :)

Offline aandrmotorsport

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »

That is up to them.  ;)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 05:30:10 PM »
Maybe one of you guys can help but when I try to get into A&R's website I get this every time:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /directions/concourshidinstructions.html on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.aandrmotorsport.com Port 80

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 05:32:16 PM »
True.  But as a novice in HID lighting I would like to be enlightened on why so many bulb temps.  What does a higher temp signify?  Brightness?  Will the higher temps draw LEOs?  I'm interested in improving the lighting but I don't want to melt anything in the bike to get it.

In looking at your website, I don't want anything looking blue so I think the 4300k would work for me.  It has the most lumens as well.  Is bulb life related to color or lumens?

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »
True.  But as a novice in HID lighting I would like to be enlightened on why so many bulb temps.  What does a higher temp signify?  Brightness?  Will the higher temps draw LEOs?  I'm interested in improving the lighting but I don't want to melt anything in the bike to get it.

In looking at your website, I don't want anything looking blue so I think the 4300k would work for me.  It has the most lumens as well.  Is bulb life related to color or lumens?

To build on your query...

Question for those smarter than I... How much brighter is the 4300k(3100 lumen) compared to the 6000k(2900 lumen)? I assume that the cutoffs would be similar... but I'm just trying to gauge the brightness, as I HATE lights that appear to be blinding to oncoming drivers/riders.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 10:32:44 AM »
To build on your query...

Question for those smarter than I... How much brighter is the 4300k(3100 lumen) compared to the 6000k(2900 lumen)? I assume that the cutoffs would be similar... but I'm just trying to gauge the brightness, as I HATE lights that appear to be blinding to oncoming drivers/riders.

Even more questions: Is the color temp based on the ballast, the bulb, or the combo? You see the next question coming right?
wait for it now.....wait... ::)

What's involved to change from 4300k to 6000k and/or reverse?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 10:41:59 AM »
The bulbs decide the temp (color).  They can be swapped very easily since everything in the A&R kit comes with weatherproof connections. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline aandrmotorsport

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 09:53:57 AM »

The bulb temps refer to the color of light that it puts out. Higher temps will likely draw LEOs. None of the temps should melt your bike, just know that the higher you go in temp, the less light it puts out. Bulb life on the higher temps is substantially shorter on the higher temp bulbs than it is on the 4300k and 6000k bulbs.

So sorry it took me so long to respond, I wish the forum sent me an email letting me know  you guys were replying.

-Patrick

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 10:27:35 AM »

So sorry it took me so long to respond, I wish the forum sent me an email letting me know  you guys were replying.

-Patrick

You can set it up to email you in your settings Patrick.

Just don't let Jim tell you to change your email address...  :-X

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »
 ::)

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline aandrmotorsport

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 10:39:10 AM »

You can set it up to email you in your settings Patrick.

Just don't let Jim tell you to change your email address...  :-X

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I am not used to this forum software.

-Patrick

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 12:27:11 PM »
And sometimes neither are we..

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 08:13:11 PM »
Even more questions: Is the color temp based on the ballast, the bulb, or the combo?
What's involved to change from 4300k to 6000k and/or reverse?

The bulbs decide the temp (color).  They can be swapped very easily since everything in the A&R kit comes with weatherproof connections. 

Thanks Jeremy!