Author Topic: Lowering links  (Read 3425 times)

Offline nevadazx12

Lowering links
« on: August 04, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »
Are links still available from Norm Sourey?  I went on a fast ride today, bike performed great, but was scary at stops as I am on tippy toes.  I am running the ZZR1200 rear shock, race tech .95 springs and emulators with a Rick Mayer seat, so I am  really uncomfortable making stops.  I do have a Corbin, which I believe is a little lower, had it refoamed by Corbin, but I haven't tried it yet since I got the Mayer. 
1986 Connie
1974 BMW 90/6
1964 Triumph T100SC

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Lowering links
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 08:37:30 PM »
Norm no longer makes rockers, he never made links... he made a replacement rocker.. I have a couple, and was sent one recently from another COG member for measurement,, so far I have the lowest version Norm ever made, but he didnt sell it, another mid distance one, and the one he sold as his product..
currently working on getting these quoted for manufacture, and production, but costs for time and material, and machining, are outrageous... Norm made these in his garage, and price never included his cost for his time..

check back in about 3 weeks, I'll have a price for a current production on a redux of what he made, and maybe with the upgrade to bronze oi lite bushing/bearing version, complete and ready to bolt on... but I'm just warning now, it ain't gonna be cheap (frugal)...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline nevadazx12

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 07:10:40 AM »
Thanks MOB,  I will check later with you.  I understand about the costs involved, had many items made for replacement that were unavailable.  I personal still have about 48 tail boxes made to replace the fender and provide under seat storage for the Z-1 series of Kawasaki's in my attic. 

1986 Connie
1974 BMW 90/6
1964 Triumph T100SC

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 02:41:09 PM »
Thanks MOB,  I will check later with you.  I understand about the costs involved, had many items made for replacement that were unavailable.  I personal still have about 48 tail boxes made to replace the fender and provide under seat storage for the Z-1 series of Kawasaki's in my attic.

Shoot me a picture of those Z1 parts.... happen to have a '78 KZ1000Ltd sitting here right now....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline dhidaka

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 08:09:44 PM »
I made my own lowering links by extending the length of my stock links by 1/2 inch. I used two pairs of links to make one (thanks to Ebay for a second set) Not an extremely difficult project, but I did have to make a jig. Requires TIG welding. Works fine. Lowered my C10 by 1 1/2 inches. Cost $15 not including my time.

Offline nevadazx12

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 05:09:30 PM »
I got a lowering rocker made by Norm Sourey from an ex member.  Lowered the bike about 2". Had to lower the front forks an 1"  to compensate.   Bought extra side and center stands off e-bay, cut down the side stand an 1", works good.  Have to roll the bike on a 2x4 in order to get it on the center stand.  Now I can touch the ground pretty good, not flat, but a lot better and more secure. 
1986 Connie
1974 BMW 90/6
1964 Triumph T100SC