Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672429 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #340 on: January 03, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »
More Mayan BS if you ask me.  The SOA will take care of them big time next season.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »
More Mayan BS if you ask me.  The SOA will take care of them big time next season.

That's right! With Jax at the helm we won't have anything to worry about from them Mayans!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »
I hate this time of the year, nothing but reruns on.  Oh, BTW, it's raining out.

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
Why?
Pieces on Earth: Christmas 2011 Saw Record Gun Sales
Nearly 30 years later, A Christmas Story is a holiday TV staple. But Americans, heedless of the film's lesson, seem determined to follow in young Ralphie's footsteps: According to the FBI, background checks on gun buyers hit a record single-month figure -- more than 1.5 million -- in December. On the day before Christmas Eve alone, 102,222 such checks were ordered, making Dec. 23, 2011 the second-busiest day in gun-buying history, after this year's Black Friday.

In all, the six days leading up to Christmas saw 500,000 background check requests.

Most would-be gun-buyers pass their checks. According to CNN, "Only 1.3% of the searches result in people being denied permission to buy a weapon."

And there's no way of knowing how many guns have been sold this holiday season, since people often buy multiple weapons at once.

Fear of Gun Control Leads to Stockpiling

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/01/03/pieces-on-earth-christmas-2011-saw-record-gun-sales/
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Conrad

« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
Pieces on Earth: Christmas 2011 Saw Record Gun Sales
Nearly 30 years later, A Christmas Story is a holiday TV staple. But Americans, heedless of the film's lesson, seem determined to follow in young Ralphie's footsteps: According to the FBI, background checks on gun buyers hit a record single-month figure -- more than 1.5 million -- in December. On the day before Christmas Eve alone, 102,222 such checks were ordered, making Dec. 23, 2011 the second-busiest day in gun-buying history, after this year's Black Friday.

In all, the six days leading up to Christmas saw 500,000 background check requests.

Most would-be gun-buyers pass their checks. According to CNN, "Only 1.3% of the searches result in people being denied permission to buy a weapon."

And there's no way of knowing how many guns have been sold this holiday season, since people often buy multiple weapons at once.

Fear of Gun Control Leads to Stockpiling

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/01/03/pieces-on-earth-christmas-2011-saw-record-gun-sales/

Any stats on the number of shot out eyes?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2012, 02:21:42 PM »
My three grandsons are 8, 10, and 12 and their other grandparents bought each of them Official Red Rider BB guns, compound bows, and poison pet frogs as Christmas gifts.

WTF?    :o

I took the boys out and showed them the proper way to handle a BB gun and their bows. I ain't touching the poison frogs though!!!!!

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
At least one...
COG 9250

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »
COG 9250

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #348 on: January 03, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #349 on: January 03, 2012, 03:07:25 PM »
They best be some big ordinance.  Zombies be hard to stop (notice I didn't say kill).  I've always thought why don't we have exploding bullets?  Is there such a thing?  Even in the future type horror movies with the army fighting giant bugs we're still shooting them with ordinary bullets.  Just doesn't make sense to me.  Swords on the hand are something I can wrap my hands around...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #350 on: January 03, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »

WTF?    :o

Which festival would that be?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »
Starship Troopers is an excellent book.

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
T.S.R.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #353 on: January 03, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »

Must be steves bike, I think I spotted an early KIPASS prototype antena on the front :o

Son of Pappy

« Reply #354 on: January 03, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »
Oh BTW, it's getting dark again and it's still raining.  I also got my mullet trimmed for the first time in over a year 8)

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #355 on: January 03, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »
I also got my mullet trimmed for the first time in over a year 8)

In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »

If only my hair were that straight!!  Heck, once my hair grows another foot (length duh) it will only look an inch longer.  I am wondering which conditioner would help stop the curling, any advice?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #357 on: January 03, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »
If only my hair were that straight!!  Heck, once my hair grows another foot (length duh) it will only look an inch longer.  I am wondering which conditioner would help stop the curling, any advice?

A buck forty with no helmet will work temporarily SoP...  ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #358 on: January 03, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »

A buck forty with no helmet will work temporarily SoP...  ;D
I tried that back in my youth, all it did was create this funny bald spot I seem to have developed on the back of my head :-[

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #359 on: January 03, 2012, 07:00:26 PM »
I tried that back in my youth, all it did was create this funny bald spot I seem to have developed on the back of my head :-[

:rotflmao: