Author Topic: 2013 Yamaha FJR1300  (Read 1668 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »
Well, I went to IMOT today and sat on it.

Three words: fan tas tic.

I liked the fit and finish, the driving position, the overall proportions. I didn't like the kind of short/fallen nose that the headlights and front fairing do but, hey, I'm not that in love with the huge headlight assembly of my C14 either (which I still prefer).

Yes, I know about the limited clearance (don't know if Yamaha addressed that) and the 5th gear, but some reviews say it doesn't need it, and that the e-gas only makes things better. Even if it is only an update, it's still a very nice bike. I'm not buying it, but I'm glad Yamaha raised its game a bit, at least marginally. That'll force Kawasaki to try harder and, in the end, we get to lean further, travel faster, and in more comfort  :chugbeer:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: 2013 Yamaha FJR1300
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »
That'll force Kawasaki to try harder and, in the end, we get to lean further, travel faster, and in more comfort  :chugbeer:

+1  :thumbs: BMW raised the bar, now Yamaha, if only Honda would come out with a new true ST bike. Kawi might add the stroked motor from the ZX14R and cruise control and improve the linked brakes and...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 11:54:27 AM »
It's getting about time for another generation of the C14 so hopefully by 2014 they'll have something up their sleeves..  If not, they're sleeping at the handlebars.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »
+1  :thumbs: BMW raised the bar, now Yamaha, if only Honda would come out with a new true ST bike. Kawi might add the stroked motor from the ZX14R and cruise control and improve the linked brakes and...

A new Honda would no doubt rival the BMW for price, Honda is stupid like that.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey