Author Topic: Move pegs forward  (Read 2481 times)

Offline medicevans

Move pegs forward
« on: June 03, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »
Anyone know of any mods to move the pegs FORWARD?  I know there are several that move them back or back and down, but my knees are about shot so I'd like them more forward. Actually more like you'd be sitting on a chair, or a goldwing. Hell, anyone want to trade a GW for a slightly used Conc? That might just be easier!  Hahahaha

Offline GF-in-CA

Re: Move pegs forward
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 07:56:29 PM »
The Genmar peg lowering brackets will move the pegs down and forward slightly, but they will also move the pegs out away from the frame.  You might also consider a first generation seat, which is flatter front to back, and would allow you to slide back when your knees needed stretching.  One more option is to mount highway pegs, to give you the ability to stretch your legs out occasionally.  Disclaimer:  I don't have any of these options, so I can't say how well they work.   :P
Gary F.
1998 C10
California North State

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:44:48 PM »
Murph's KneeSavers move the pegs slightly forward and down.  My knees tell me that it makes a HUGE difference.   ;D

A set of highway pegs to allow you to stretch out while riding are a nice addition as well.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

enim57

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
I made my own lowered pegs from stainless steel and using the original rubbers, they can have the pegs moved forward a bit.  No loss of cornering clearance either. They're not plug and play as they need forming & welding. See photo's below of prototypes.

Regards, Russell