Author Topic: Hello From Seattle, WA  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Racer Boy

Hello From Seattle, WA
« on: March 19, 2014, 04:31:46 PM »
Hello from Seattle! I have a 2008 that I bought in October of last year, for the princely sum of $5800. The PO had used it as a daily commuter, so although it has only 28,000 miles on it, it looks like more. It is mostly stuff like ugly fasteners that either need refinishing or replacement to look really nice. Overall the bike is in good mechanical shape, though. Existing farkles include a Cee Bailey's tall screen, and a lithium-ion battery (including the fancy charger).

Since I bought it, I've replaced the tires (PR3's, with a 55 series on the rear), mounted Murph's Kit's lowering pegs,  installed a Delkivic carbon tri-oval can, had the ECU re-flashed by Guhl, and removed a bunch of extra wiring and junk that the PO had installed. It had a J&M Sound System on it (I prefer an MP3 player with Etymotic ear buds), a phone holder, and worst of all, a cup holder! I also got a SW Motech luggage rack with adaptors to mount a Givi topcase that I already had.

The next mod will likely be a custom seat from Seth Laam.

My previous bike (I still have it) is a 2002 Yamaha FZ1, which is a terrific bike. Anymore, most of the riding I do involves long stretches of freeway to get to the fun roads, and I got tired of droning along on the FZ1, due to it's lack of wind protection. I bought a C10 two years ago, and loved the fairing, but not the rest of the bike; it was just too much work to ride quickly, plus it just felt old (it was a 2006, but still it was a twenty year-old design). I sold it last year, and two days later bought my C14. I'm very happy with it so far, because of the same reasons you all got yours - the performance, smoothness, and comfort. Although a much bigger bike, it is nearly as quick as my FZ1, and the brakes are just as awesome.

I'm a member of that other Concours forum, but am happy to find this one as well. Truth be told, I'm a little irritated at being pestered to join their club. Why would I want to join a club that would admit me:-\

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and hope that I can contribute with my sparkling wit and vast knowledge of everything.  ;)  My username comes from my many years of sportscar racing. I gave that up about eight years ago, and that itch is now scratched by the bike.

The picture is of my C14 up at Chinook Pass. Sorry about the homely VeeStrom ruining the scenery,  ;D  it is my riding buddy's bike.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Hello From Seattle, WA
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
Welcome the the forum.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 06:01:06 PM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:52:56 PM »
RB!  :chugbeer:

Offline Gsun

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 10:22:12 PM »
If they admit you, I resign! ;) Welcome! Seattle is close to Vancouver. Come up for a ride!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 04:38:05 AM »
Admission here requires a shrubbery sent to me.  Not too tall, not too short, preferably Kwak green.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Flienlow

• 2010 C-14 BLUE
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 12:27:30 PM »
Welcome!! I have a 2010 and live a little northeast of Seattle.

omcrider

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 12:31:54 PM »
Nice pic beautiful scenery. Yeah I imagine that giant screen you got on the C14 offers a bit more wind protection. I have my FZ1 set up more on the sport side but I have seen quite a few that go the other direction and add large windscreens raised bars etc. Love my FZ1 I got the C14 to ride the wife on as she refuses to get on the back of the Yamaha for some reason.  ::)