Author Topic: What bike should you NOT have sold?  (Read 9519 times)

Offline Ranger

Re: What bike should you NOT have sold?
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 05:48:26 PM »
1942 BMW R75 Wehrmachtsgespann with side car.
It was a gift from my uncle;I sold it to a cousin before my move to Canada.....he refuses to sell it back. :'(
This bike was buried under the floor of my uncle's barn till 1979; his dad with the help of some friends (members of The Polish Underground Army) killed many unsuspecting German soldiers (they used to get them drunk first... ;D). They used to take everything(guns,ammo,uniforms,boots,food,etc), including this beautiful, one of a kind R75.

#@%&*%$#*&!! DUDE!!!!  You had a WWll genuine Nazi Beemer w/side car that your uncle "GAVE YOU" that his dad took from a friggin Nazi (I hate Nazi's) the he killed anD YOU SOLD IT!!!!!!  YOU   SOLD   IT!!!!!    :shoot: :yikes:   Dude, that is painful to read.  WTF!! We're you strung out on smack, or what??  :cannon: :battle:
2002 Connie with Givi trunk, Avon tires,  7th gear mod, Heli bars, Throttlemeister, Rifle windscreen, and other junk. Love to pack up and hit the road. Thank goodness I'm recent retiree. :-)

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »
1982 GS450T 

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline koval68

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 09:35:08 PM »
#@%&*%$#*&!! DUDE!!!!  You had a WWll genuine Nazi Beemer w/side car that your uncle "GAVE YOU" that his dad took from a friggin Nazi (I hate Nazi's) the he killed anD YOU SOLD IT!!!!!!  YOU   SOLD   IT!!!!!    :shoot: :yikes:   Dude, that is painful to read.  WTF!! We're you strung out on smack, or what??  :cannon: :battle:
I was young and stupid, plus starting a new life at 18, is never easy. I had to make sure that my mother
wasn't struggling, so I sold everything. I always said someday I was going to get it back(we had a verbal agreement...); things change and apparently so do people..... :-\
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Ranger

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 10:34:38 AM »
I feel for you. I neglected to tell you all the stupid things I did when that age. Lots of "woulda, shoulda's" back then. It's just that I'm not only a motorcycle buff, but also a history buff and WWll artifacts don't come much better than that Beemer. Especially considering the story and family connection behind it. I hope you get it back some day.  Your uncle gave it to you, and you should have it.  Here's one to you getting it back... :chugbeer:
2002 Connie with Givi trunk, Avon tires,  7th gear mod, Heli bars, Throttlemeister, Rifle windscreen, and other junk. Love to pack up and hit the road. Thank goodness I'm recent retiree. :-)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
If only we could just keep them all....

Offline justbob

• crashin' sucks
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2011, 08:20:20 PM »
My Kawasaki drag bike that I won a national championship with in 2000.
 I should have kept it and built a display case for it. I really hate that I sold it.
2010 C-14
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

Offline seanmcva

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »
Honestly, I wish I still had ALL of them, but here is the list of the ones I painfully wish I had not sold:

2006 Multistrada 1000 S DS with full Termis
2004 Aprilia Futura RST1000
2005 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
2003 Triumph Speed Triple 955i
2005 Triumph Tiger
2009 H-D Road Glide
2007 H-D Softail Custom
2003 Honda Goldwing
2003 Honda Valkyrie

valkmc

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 08:58:40 AM »
Easy 1974 Norton 850 Commando, first bike, basket case and very frustrating. I remember how proud I was when I got it running and road it around, until parts vibrated off that is.

I also was very fond of my 1980 CB 750F.

Offline Ranger

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 10:35:11 AM »
This is gonna become sorta a "story" of my first bike and one I would love to still have. In high school there was a kid a year older than myself who had a Triumph Bonneville. This was in the late 60's when The Bonnie was a serious bad ass bike. I would just go out there and sit on it and dream. If I could just get one of these, my life would be complete. The next summer I went to Alaska and lied about my age ( I was 16) and got a job with BLM fighting forest fires in the interior of AK. I returned to Seattle with a pocket full of money and promptly purchased a gorgeous 1966 Triumph Trophy 650. The only problem was, I didn't have a drivers license. (drivers education had just become a requirement for license.) The first day I had the bike I rode it down to Seward Park (Seattle) to show off and got pulled over for going off the pavement and got ticketed for not having a drivers license. Cop had sympathy for me realizing that I was a new owner of such a beautiful machine (he rode too) and allowed me to drive it home after I assured him I would stay off it until I got a license. "Yea, right".  ??? A few hours later darkness had set in over a warm late summer evening. My glistening Triumph sat there beckoning me. Off I went back down to the park to show off some more. "No way that same cop would still be out and about." A different cop pulls me over for acting stupid and gives me another ticket for not having a license. (Ticket #2 same day I bought the bike.) My parents don't even know I own a bike yet. This time the cop isn't so impressed by my story and calls a wrecker to haul it away. While I'm sitting in the squad car sulking guess who pulls up? :-\  Thats right, the same cop who ticketed me earlier. :nuts: He was not so nice this time. He chews me out real good as I slide lower in the back seat. :-[   A week later, I couldn't resist it and took the bike out for a spin and the same cop passed me going the other way. I took a quick turn off the main drag and shot into a friends yard and jumped off and ran into the back yard with my fingers crossed. A minute later I hear a voice calling my name to get out there. Ticket #3 by the same cop. He made me push my bike home about a mile away. In the next three months I got two more tickets for not having a license by different cops (thank god). It was time to sell my beloved Triumph before I received a life sentence for being a habitual criminal.  I finally go before a judge who has a stack of 5 tickets in front of him. He says no driving until I reach age of 18. (That aint gonna happen, but at least I don't have a motorcycle anymore.)      Wish I still had that bike

Offline XHarleyRider

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »
My 1994 Harley Davidson Fatboy and my 1979 Kawasaki KZ650.   

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2011, 11:54:22 PM »
1987 BMW K100RS...bought the same bike twice...sold the same bike twice...
'02 C-10

Offline m919

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2011, 01:50:59 AM »
My 1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate! I loved that bike and wish I never sold it!
2009 kawasaki concours (red)
1999 honda valkyrie(sold)
2002 honda cb919(sold)