Author Topic: XT500  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
XT500
« on: January 07, 2014, 06:57:47 PM »
Anyone have one? I'm interested in buying one that has been sitting in a dry space for the last 15 or so years. Seller is someone I know and is the original owner. Haven't seen it yet but I'm told that it is stock and complete. 1977 ugly brown. I've been looking for a project and this seems like it would be a fun machine.

Offline GeeBeav

Re: XT500
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »
No, but I had an XT600. Great bike, wish I hadn't sold it.
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »
Great bikes, but you MUST learn the starting drill or your knee will be up in your shoulder. If not done correctly it will kick back.
Used to ride a TT-basically the same bike but without lights, higher compression and full knobs instead of trials.
What is the asking price?
Those things have a cult following.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 10:05:58 AM »
Yeah, he shared a few stories about starting. Ouch! Haven't talked $$ yet because I'm not ready. The good news is he ain't in a hurry to let it go.
I've noticed the cult thing while educating myself and came across some interesting mods and styles.
If this bike ends up being totally original and complete, I'll likely keep it that way and have fun with it. If it turns out to be good running but really ratty, I'm thinking supermoto