Author Topic: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]  (Read 71734 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »
Some of us are :loco: I guess. Bottom line is he has good stuff for sale.

That is the key- he probably has a few things not obtainable elsewhere.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »
That is the key- he probably has a few things not obtainable elsewhere.

That's the problem. I wanted something and looked everywhere...Murph's, Twisted Throttle, Revzilla, etc....and couldn't find anyone else that carried what he had.
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline blueverclear

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2015, 06:10:09 PM »
How many chances are people willing to give this guy?

Well my philosophy is, let the perfect man throw the first stone. Personally,  i am far from perfect so i try to look for the good in every situation and try my best to give people the benefit of the doubt.  You never  really know what the next guy is truly  going through and i try to keep that in mind.
Grant
08 Concours 14
04 Custom Roadstar Bagger
Sold: 07 ZX-14, 06 ZX10R, 05 FZ1, 05 R1, 03 Mean Streak, 00 Cbr 600 F4, 99 Roadstar, 99 Magna, 95 GSXR 750

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2015, 08:27:59 AM »
Well my philosophy is, let the perfect man throw the first stone. Personally,  i am far from perfect so i try to look for the good in every situation and try my best to give people the benefit of the doubt.  You never  really know what the next guy is truly  going through and i try to keep that in mind.

+1  :finger_fing11:
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2015, 08:43:25 AM »
Update...placed an order with Ryan yesterday and it just shipped. Again, it is frustrating when you email and email and email and get no response...I've voiced my frustration over it BUT, he is very responsive when using his Chat feature on his website and the order was filled quickly. As frustrating as it may be, don't give up on the guy. "Chat" button people..."Chat" button.
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline fredthefence

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2015, 02:16:33 PM »
I don't understand why people are defending this guy. I have had $160 deducted from my account and no communication of any sort since. As far as I am concerned this money has been stolen and I plan to take measures to get it back

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
I don't understand why people are defending this guy. I have had $160 deducted from my account and no communication of any sort since. As far as I am concerned this money has been stolen and I plan to take measures to get it back

That's strange...can't figure that one out ! There's nothing to gain by doing that...just the headaches and trouble it brings when someone goes after him. I've heard on a couple of occasions that people have ordered and received nothing and disputed it with their CC company or PayPal but I've had no problem (other than Ryan not returning emails) and have ordered several things from him. My "defense" of him is solely based on my experience and the fact I haven't had any issues other than it taking time to make contact with him. I made it policy when buying from AST that I DON'T buy from him until I make contact with him...I want to make sure I have his attention. That policy has worked out well so far.

I've had no issues and can't speak for anyone else BUT me so I'm sorry to hear that you were "stiffed" by him...hope it all works out.
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline blueverclear

« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2015, 05:25:54 PM »
Well, I got my risers and riser adapters in the other day. Installed the 2nd Gen dash and everything works great together. Couldn't be happier with this set up!
Grant
08 Concours 14
Sold: 07 ZX-14, 06 ZX10R, 05 FZ1, 05 R1, 03 Mean Streak, 00 Cbr 600 F4, 99 Roadstar, 99 Magna, 95 GSXR 750

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2015, 12:34:36 PM »
Received my Riser Adapters from Ryan in 3 days from order. Put the adapters on and they feel really good! Also, I ordered 2 shirts from him but am waiting for them to be made. He and I talked and after discussing the way the shirts fit (he says the XXL fit small and I've got pretty large shoulders, chest/back and arms) he went to the print shop and is having some XXXL shirts printed up for me...never even asked for that, he just did it. I'll keep shopping AST but will always make contact with him first to make sure I've got his attention!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline qyetman

« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »
After seeing the chat feature mentioned here, I was able to contact Ryan using that method. I let him know my order number from last June and he looked it up to find indeed he never shipped the parts. He said he would be shipping out the highway pegs today, but will have to refund me for the Throttlemeister as they no longer carry that product. I mentioned I had been trying to reach him by email and phone for months. He said he was closed down for awhile to reorganize but he is open now and getting back to normal shipping schedule. I knew if I was patient enough it would work out, now just waiting for my parts to arrive.

Offline qyetman

« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2015, 07:20:29 AM »
Highway pegs arrived on Monday.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2015, 08:19:25 AM »
 :finger_fing11: :finger_fing11:
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline luxx

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2015, 07:05:46 AM »
Ok, a year later - placed order for the pegs I wanted but did not receive previously (see early in thread). Got these on Thursday.  Work as advertised and very comfortable.  I'm glad he got his supply issue straight - this is a good product and pretty easy to install.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2015, 09:16:49 AM »
Ok, a year later - placed order for the pegs I wanted but did not receive previously (see early in thread). Got these on Thursday.  Work as advertised and very comfortable.  I'm glad he got his supply issue straight - this is a good product and pretty easy to install.

Pictures???
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline blueverclear

« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2015, 04:41:29 AM »
Pictures???

+1, you know what they say....... it didn't happen without the proof lol!
Grant
08 Concours 14

Offline blueverclear

« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2015, 04:44:58 AM »
Well, I got my risers and riser adapters in the other day. Installed the 2nd Gen dash and everything works great together. Couldn't be happier with this set up!

forgot the pics!

Grant
08 Concours 14

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2015, 08:38:33 AM »
I have the same risers and adapters...love them!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2015, 06:47:35 AM »
I recently placed an order with Ryan.
I ordered his rider peg lowering brackets, and Ram cupholder setup.

Said it usually ships within 1-2 days on his site.
I waited 5 days, no email confirmation of shipping or tracking number.
I emailed during this time. No response.
I called- no answer.

I went back to his site, clicked on the chat button, and he immediately replied.
I asked if he noticed my order yet. He had not. As soon as he was aware of my order, he went to work on it. Within 2 days, it arrived.

Got them installed, and love the new position.

The trick is definitely contacting him through the chat feature, which only works during his business hours he has listed.
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2015, 07:43:46 AM »
^^^^too many reliable no-frills no drama vendors to be %$#&ing around chasing orders down
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2015, 07:54:38 AM »
^^^^too many reliable no-frills no drama vendors to be %$#&ing around chasing orders down

+1
this guy has to change his business model or change business. Like flipping burgers. With Steve (or was it Dave...) Mark from Kawasaki's hot line.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:51:45 PM by martin_14 »
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.