Riding > It's not a Concours - other Bikes

New pics. Got My Goldwing home. It was a chilly ride!

(1/6) > >>

jamiemac:
I figured to move on to a ride with a little less of a tucked riding position after the wreck, so I finally got a new Wing. It's the DCT model with a few extras, including the airbag system. Went to Niehaus Cycles in Litchfield, IL to buy it, and they are good folks to deal with. Can't wait for some good weather, so I can go back, and ride it home.

Rubber_Snake:
Congrats on the new bike!  The sun is shining out here with a balmy 50 degrees, a shame I can’t go enjoy it right now.  (Recovering from a tonsillectomy). Should be out riding in a week or less. 

Question, what does DCT stand for?

jamiemac:

--- Quote from: Rubber_Snake on February 10, 2019, 05:27:24 PM ---Congrats on the new bike!  The sun is shining out here with a balmy 50 degrees, a shame I can’t go enjoy it right now.  (Recovering from a tonsillectomy). Should be out riding in a week or less. 

Question, what does DCT stand for?

--- End quote ---
Ouch! Hope the scratchiness is past, and You are feeling better! It's colder n a mofo here.

DCT = Dual Clutch Transmission. It'll function as a manual with paddle shifters on the handlebars, or fully automatic, with different shift points depending on the mode selected. And it's a seven speed. I'm still learning about it, but this is in my opinion, a game changer in motorcycle performance.

O.C.:
A beautiful bike, good luck with it ride safe and above all ENJOY  :)   

route66tc:
Congrats on the bike!  Love the red!  Rode one of the std transmission models in Evansville.  Went with a buddy to Clarksville to CC Powersports so he could ride the dual clutch models.  I didn't ride that one.  The dealership directed him to ride up 65 a couple of miles and turn around and come back.  I just hate 65 so I just followed on my son's C14.  The new wings are really really nice.  Really liked the seat on the 30 mile ride I took.  Wondering if that seat is as comfortable after a few hundred miles as it was in 30.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version