Author Topic: Bag liners  (Read 35884 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Bag liners
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 08:04:41 PM »
The Kawasaki bags fit about perfect. Although the small pouch is slightly smaller by the look of the picture!

Where are you seeing real pictures of the Kawasaki bags?  Every site I went to shows the same, exact, tiny, photo of the bag inside the hard case.  You can't tell much of anything from them.  They almost look like they have logos on them too, but who can tell!!??

Any links to real pics anyone?  Anyone have them and can post some real photos?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 08:08:59 PM »
+1 to Cap'n concept. I would never use them for normal commuting etc, but when I go on trips with mama she likes to be able to load all sorts of smaller things that women need on a trip

Hey- you don't gotta be a women to have a lot of junk.  We techno geeks have laptops, power connectors, chargers, GPS, spare batteries, mouse, cables, all kinds of junk.  If I want to take my Alpha camera and some accessories, yeesh, that will blow more than 1/2 of a case right there!  I can fill space pretty quickly :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Pardini

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 10:06:22 PM »
I have the Cee B's they work ok, but I think they would be better if they more ridgid like the RKA's.  If I did it again I'd go with the RKA's.

Bob

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 03:19:52 AM »
I meant the picture I was looking at of the RKA liners. I already knew how the Kawasaki liners look. Sorry for the confusion. I would take pictures of them. But I don't have mine anymore. The ones I have now fit another bike and are nowhere near as nice as the Kawasaki liners. But hey, they came with the bike at least!  ;D

Where are you seeing real pictures of the Kawasaki bags?  Every site I went to shows the same, exact, tiny, photo of the bag inside the hard case.  You can't tell much of anything from them.  They almost look like they have logos on them too, but who can tell!!??

Offline koval68

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 05:43:07 AM »

Maybe this can help. I'm happy with Kawasaki bags and zero problems to report.
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Bob

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 07:16:22 AM »
Thanks for posting the photo's Tom. Are they packed and ready to go yet? I should see you tomorrow, right!

Offline PH14

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 08:22:25 AM »
When I bought my C14 I was planning on buying bag liners from RKA or the like.  I was getting ready to go on a trip and decided I wanted something quickly in the interim, so I went to Target and looked. Target has bags that fit almost perfectly for $10. I figured it would be worth it for $20 since I wouldn't be out much and planned on buying the "proper" bags when I git back. Well it's been almost a year and I'm still happily using the bags from Target. I still may get the RKAs but there is no pressing need now.

Offline EarlF

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 08:53:52 AM »
I have the Cee Bailey liners and am disappointed with them and will likely replace them with the RKAs.  The Cee Bailey liners do not fit when full because they do not conform to the bulge in the inner side where the mounts are.  You have to pack carefully in such a way as to conform to this bulge in order to use anywhere near the the bag capacity.  I would have already gone the RKA route but because I only use one and RKA only sells in pairs I have been holding off.

Offline koval68

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 11:39:37 AM »
Thanks for posting the photo's Tom. Are they packed and ready to go yet? I should see you tomorrow, right!
We are arriving late at night, will see you Friday am. I've tried SteveWFL's method in packing.....pack my bags, honey!.....well, that didn't work :o,. I am packing my own bags, tonight!
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »
I use an Oakley backpack as a liner and it works great.

Sometimes i just pop the latch and take the whole pannier in like a suitcase which works well too
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »
We are arriving late at night, will see you Friday am. I've tried SteveWFL's method in packing.....pack my bags, honey!.....well, that didn't work :o,. I am packing my own bags, tonight!

thats funny! try a wide smile when you request it
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »
We are arriving late at night, will see you Friday am. I've tried SteveWFL's method in packing.....pack my bags, honey!.....well, that didn't work :o ,. I am packing my own bags, tonight!

Did you have your fob in your pocket when you asked her Koval?? Otherwise they won't start...  ;)

Offline koval68

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 12:06:33 PM »

Did you have your fob in your pocket when you asked her Koval?? Otherwise they won't start...  ;)
Dead battery my friend! Dead battery................ :rotflmao:
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline PH14

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 03:10:42 PM »
I got a couple personal messages regarding the bags from Target. I looked there today and didn't see the bags I have, only some larger ones. They may simply be out of stock. I found 24 inch bags there today and the ones I have are around 18 inches in length. The come in a carrying pouch and are hung on the shelves in the store. Since they are in a pouch you may not realize they are large bags. I believe the brand is Embark. I think it is Target's brand.

Here are some pics of what I have. They are not a stiff bag so they won't stand up on their own when empty. In the pics I have a shoebox in the bag. They will stuff enough to pretty well fill the space in the saddle bags.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
PH14, that is a pretty good fit there!
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 04:18:33 PM »

Koval, I think you replied to my query on the deceased forum with these. If I remember correctly, you said the laptop pocket was 13"? Next time you get the chance, could you confirm the pocket size? I have to lug around a 17" laptop for work, and I really like that separation in the factory liners. (obviously, they won't work for me if the pocket is too small).
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 04:41:40 PM »

Thanks!!!

Offline koval68

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 05:05:33 PM »
Koval, I think you replied to my query on the deceased forum with these. If I remember correctly, you said the laptop pocket was 13"? Next time you get the chance, could you confirm the pocket size? I have to lug around a 17" laptop for work, and I really like that separation in the factory liners. (obviously, they won't work for me if the pocket is too small).
The pocket size is 13"x2"x9" (saddle bag liner) and 14"x2"x9" (top case liner). Top case liner will fit in the saddle bag, but not completely full(tight fit). The actual usable space inside the saddle bags is approx.14"x12", widest part of the bags is approx.19 1/2".
If I were you, I'd invest in Givi E52 or E55 top case(my 19 inches wide lap top bag fits inside the E52 case), mounted on Phills rack or Givi C-14 mount,IMHO.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 07:15:56 PM »
I got a couple personal messages regarding the bags from Target. I looked there today and didn't see the bags I have, only some larger ones. They may simply be out of stock. I found 24 inch bags there today and the ones I have are around 18 inches in length. The come in a carrying pouch and are hung on the shelves in the store. Since they are in a pouch you may not realize they are large bags. I believe the brand is Embark. I think it is Target's brand.

Here are some pics of what I have. They are not a stiff bag so they won't stand up on their own when empty. In the pics I have a shoebox in the bag. They will stuff enough to pretty well fill the space in the saddle bags.

Thats a good find!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:01:41 PM by mikeboileau »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 08:54:51 PM »