Author Topic: Block-off plates for your C-10 (SEE LAST POST)  (Read 96700 times)

Offline PlaynInPeoria

Re: Block-off plates for your C-10
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 08:36:22 PM »
I'm new and I want these.  How do I get them?  Talk to me like I am in 4th grade lol.  My brother has been drinkin the Connie KoolAid for years and damn if I didn't take a sip.

Thanks
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »
I'm new and I want these.  How do I get them?  Talk to me like I am in 4th grade lol.  My brother has been drinkin the Connie KoolAid for years and damn if I didn't take a sip.

Thanks
LOL you will fit right in around here.  I take paypal at lilliefabrication at gmail dot com.  I will also accept a check.
It's $25 for the kit or $20 for the plates alone.  Shipping is included in the price.  All I need to know is what color you desire and I can get them out the door to you.
Thanks...
Chris
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:49:51 AM by snarf »
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »
Just paypal'ed you. And totally forgot to mention the color.  Silver is ok, so is black, heck hot pink is ok too.   I really don't care.

2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »
Just paypal'ed you. And totally forgot to mention the color.  Silver is ok, so is black, heck hot pink is ok too.   I really don't care.
No silver on hand. I can chrome those bad boys for ya. I have lots of black, a bright red, hell I even have lime green. I will coat them tonight. Hope to hear from ya, guess I have always wondered what lime, red, and chrome looked like all mixed together.
Thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:23:11 PM by snarf »
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 01:09:24 PM »
Well these are not for sale; but they will be door prizes at the National Rally.
Here is a sneak peak of the proto-type.  A fellow COG member is CNC engraving them up for me...

2002 Conc

Offline lprising

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 10:54:20 AM »
Hi there,

What would be the price of the kit (semigloss black) with shipping to Canada (Peterborough, Ontario)?

No UPS, though, please. Those guys are unbelieveable with their cross-border handling charges, etc.!

Thanks,

Las

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »
Still $25. Even for you Northern boys.
2002 Conc

Offline lprising

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »
OK, thank you - I am going to contact you by PM.

Las

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 12:07:06 AM »
And what may be the effect of this for those of us living in states where we get motorcycles smog tested?
Squeee!

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 02:44:00 AM »
Shouldn't be any negative effect.  When I lived in Maricopa County I ran a bike that had aftermarket exhaust and Uni pod filters.  The smog test was a static test, not a rolling road like the cars--WAY too much liability to put a m/c through that.

Only test done was at idle.  In Maricopa County you're allowed up to 5.5%CO and 2,500ppm HC on a 4-stroke (2-strokes have their own standards), iirc.  A jet kitted bike that's a skosh on the rich side will still only run 2.5%CO.

Reasons that bikes fail emissions are improper jetting, carbs that need a rebuild or, in the case of multis, out of sync carbs.

Last time I got the connie smogged she was running about 4%CO and 2,000ppm HC.  Also was only getting 30mpg.  Bike ran horrible and still passed emissions.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2011, 06:29:07 AM »
And what may be the effect of this for those of us living in states where we get motorcycles smog tested?

If your smog test is done at idle or low RPM it is unlikely that the system would even be functioning if still installed; as air would ONLY be flowing through the reed valve system at steady engine speeds or periods of low manifold vacuum; no air flows when the throttle is closed or during periods of high manifold vacuum such as while at idle. Info culled from the Kawasaki Service Manual.........

NOTE: This is absolute proof that the removing of this system is NOT the cause of engine backfire, excessive growling, and/or burble during deceleration as under this situation the reed valve system is NOT repeat NOT passing fresh air through the exhaust.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2011, 12:42:54 PM »
If your smog test is done at idle or low RPM it is unlikely that the system would even be functioning if still installed; as air would ONLY be flowing through the reed valve system at steady engine speeds or periods of low manifold vacuum; no air flows when the throttle is closed or during periods of high manifold vacuum such as while at idle. Info culled from the Kawasaki Service Manual.........

NOTE: This is absolute proof that the removing of this system is NOT the cause of engine backfire, excessive growling, and/or burble during deceleration as under this situation the reed valve system is NOT repeat NOT passing fresh air through the exhaust.

Awesome. I'll have to look and see how the test is performed.
Squeee!

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2011, 08:24:14 PM »
Awesome. I'll have to look and see how the test is performed.

I thought Maricopa and Pima Counties were the only places in the US that smogged bikes.  Guess I was wrong.  Bummer.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
I thought Maricopa and Pima Counties were the only places in the US that smogged bikes.  Guess I was wrong.  Bummer.

It depends on the year of the bike here.  :P
Squeee!

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2011, 08:50:39 PM »
Nevermind. I was so wrong that I'm happy! No smog testing bikes here! (I'm new to TX, which is why I didn't know.)

HOOK ME UP! I would like a set of block-off plates for my C-10, please. I would like the plug-and-play kit, and I would like that in semi-gloss black, please, unless you have a color that is pretty close to that old school ford blue from hot-rodded mustang valve cover dreams in my youth.

Paypal at the email provided, right?
Squeee!

Offline buzz

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
Snarf,
Paypal sent on 1/9 for a set of plates for my 2000 C10.
Any color black you have, gloss, semi or flat is okay.

Buzz
Kim Gee

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 04:57:50 AM »
Hi Snarf, I want a set of these. I will order a set of semi-gloss at the end of Feb (Bike is under cover until the March rebuild starts) but what else do you make or have sitting around for the C10?

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 06:33:25 AM »
Snarf was involved in a pretty brutal crash a few months back.  He is recovering, but has been away from the site until yesterday.  I think he is currently trying to get his business back on line according to his post.  You should perhaps send him a PM or email before placing orders.

Just my 2 cents.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 08:55:05 PM »
I happy to hear that he is recovering. I think I will let him do so. My stuff is not pressing for a few months.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 07:53:41 AM »
I happy to hear that he is recovering. I think I will let him do so. My stuff is not pressing for a few months.
I am about a healed up as I'm gonna get. 
I had to sell some of my equipment to make ends while off work.  I hope to have stuff back on the market this year.
2002 Conc