Author Topic: ECU flashing now available  (Read 133712 times)

Offline mikeb2411

Re: ECU flashing now available
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2015, 04:04:09 PM »
FOLKS.....    you WANT this flash!!!!!   ;D

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1!!!!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2016, 08:01:29 AM »
Went on a short (100 mile) ride around the Northern Neck of VA with the wife and it feels much better with the additional loading than it did previously.  Quite happy so far.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2016, 12:21:32 PM »
Went on a short (100 mile) ride around the Northern Neck of VA with the wife and it feels much better with the additional loading than it did previously.  Quite happy so far.

Jim, I have a couple questions... how are you liking the throttle transitions? Is it smooth as you change throttle positions and less abrupt as compared to stock? And have you explored the deceleration? Not that it's more than stock, but do you feel it coming on smoother and more controlled? Have you explored controlling speed up / down with throttle, is it easier to control your speed now? Steve

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »
Throttle transitions were smooth as they were before the flash.  I never noticed any abruptness before, nor afterwards.  Deceleration feels the same as it was before.  I didn't have any issues with controlling the speed of the bike (before or after), although it always wants to go faster.  It basically just felt more powerful.  What I would like to do is ride a gen2 (stock) and compare how good my bike is to theirs. ;)   The only real issue I had was the idle speed dropped.   Hard to estimate how much, but I'm thinking about 200rpm or less.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2016, 03:29:10 PM »
Maybe you do need to ride a 10 up, I'm honestly amazed that you can't tell a difference in smoothness, it's what everyone else notes right off, even the guys with the early models. and losing a couple hundred idle rpm... first time I've heard that, and I have around 50 or more units running right now.  Interesting. I can tell you that the cold really affects the economy of the bike, I rode in some 45 degree weather and the mileage was horenedous, I watch the mileage increase steadily as the ambient temps came up into the mid 60's. This has nothing to do with the flash, just the inefficiency of the bike when it's cold. Steve

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:48 PM »
Maybe you do need to ride a 10 up, I'm honestly amazed that you can't tell a difference in smoothness, it's what everyone else notes right off, even the guys with the early models. and losing a couple hundred idle rpm... first time I've heard that, and I have around 50 or more units running right now.  Interesting. I can tell you that the cold really affects the economy of the bike, I rode in some 45 degree weather and the mileage was horenedous, I watch the mileage increase steadily as the ambient temps came up into the mid 60's. This has nothing to do with the flash, just the inefficiency of the bike when it's cold. Steve

But when id you ride in cold weather?  ;D

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2016, 07:47:11 PM »
Are you kidding me? this is Florida - I'm used to 98* and 150% humidity. 45 bees COLD!  ::) ::)  Steve

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2016, 03:38:05 AM »
It was running in the low 50's during my ride on Sunday here.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2016, 04:47:59 AM »
Throttle transitions were smooth as they were before the flash.  I never noticed any abruptness before, nor afterwards.  Deceleration feels the same as it was before.  I didn't have any issues with controlling the speed of the bike (before or after), although it always wants to go faster.  It basically just felt more powerful.  What I would like to do is ride a gen2 (stock) and compare how good my bike is to theirs. ;)   The only real issue I had was the idle speed dropped.   Hard to estimate how much, but I'm thinking about 200rpm or less.

Do you have a Throttle Tamer installed? 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2016, 07:43:06 AM »
Yep, but I only got it because everyone else was getting it.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2016, 08:24:29 AM »
I left the left side insert out.

Unrelated to the important discussion on flashing, I'm totally distracted by the possibility that Mr. Pink's left-side lower extremity is more heat resistant than the right.  :)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2016, 08:28:00 AM »
Yep, but I only got it because everyone else was getting it.

So then, if everyone else was jumping off of a cliff...

! No longer available
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2016, 09:01:05 AM »
Unrelated to the important discussion on flashing, I'm totally distracted by the possibility that Mr. Pink's left-side lower extremity is more heat resistant than the right.  :)
Used to be a pirate....

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2016, 10:01:35 AM »
The right side has more heat because of the exhaust, and the cats act as a heat sink. Steve

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2016, 10:22:43 AM »
So then, if everyone else was jumping off of a cliff...

! No longer available

Yes

The right side has more heat because of the exhaust, and the cats act as a heat sink. Steve

Correct

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2016, 10:43:41 AM »
I found more heat was pushed up around the tank with both inserts in. Left one out is a reasonable compromise.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2016, 11:09:23 AM »

Let's leave logic and rationality out of this. I prefer Mr. Pink staggering around singing "yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum".  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2016, 11:22:16 AM »
I found more heat was pushed up around the tank with both inserts in. Left one out is a reasonable compromise.

That's actually not a bad idea.  I may try that.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2016, 03:01:56 PM »
...staggering around singing "yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum".  ;D

That's actually not a bad idea.  I may try that.

Me too.   ;D

(Oops, sorry Steve, slight thread hijack.)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2016, 03:24:47 PM »
[throttle tamer] Yep, but I only got it because everyone else was getting it.

The Throttle Tamer is very effective at greatly reducing so-called "throttle snatch".   Since the secondary butterflies can limit airflow, it is theoretically possible to simulate what the Throttle Tamer does mechanically but in the ECU.  However, if ECU changes do that AND one already has a Throttle Tamer, then the effect would be to double the taming, which might not be desired...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:07:06 PM by maxtog »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc