Author Topic: Motorcycle Garages  (Read 14555 times)

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
Re: Motorcycle Garages
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 09:22:48 AM »
It's G-A-R-A-G-E.  A free standing or attached structure found with most houses in the U.S. Originally designed for temporary storage and protection of the family automobile. It replaced the barn/stable about the same time that automobiles replaced the horse as a personal transportation system. It is often the largest room/open space under the roof line in the typical U.S. free standing home. Currently it seems to have evolved (for many but not all) into a local storage area where families keep various items often with a total value of a few hundred dollars while their vehicles that may be worth many tens of thousands of dollars remain outside to weather the elements. Some few have made theirs do multiple duty as a vehicle storage area and home maintenance center, containing lawn grooming equipment, snow re-positioning tools, rudimentary carpentry tooling, Corn Hole gaming materials as well as automobiles. A small percentage have been converted into so called "man caves" where the purpose seems to be the consuming of alcoholic grain based beverages while watching various sporting activities on television. This activity is usually accompanied by false-macho-bravado-speak wherein they try to convince themselves that this is a desirable outcome to hide the fact that their significant other has emasculated them by making them stay in the garage.

However, this thread was started in hopes of exchanging ideas about those that have primarily used the garage space for the storage of motorcycles and the tools and implements used in the maintenance and farkling of same. This latter being the only completely sane re-purposing of the space for right thinking individuals of either sex.

Apparently Garage is also this: http://garagemag.com/  ...but it appears to be mostly nonsense so I wouldn't give it much thought.

The Fourth Law of Thermodynamics clearly states:  S4!t expands to fill the space available. 

This is otherwise known as The Garage Rule.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 10:19:37 AM »
The Fourth Law of Thermodynamics clearly states:  S4!t expands to fill the space available. 

This is otherwise known as The Garage Rule.

The same thing happens with the employees at my business....'The workload expands to fill the allotted time'.

This is otherwise known as The Milk the Clock Rule.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 11:06:56 AM »
Since ZG doesn't come around here anymore (Last Active: December 13, 2015, 05:05:15 pm), I gleaned a shot of his garage from some other forum.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 01:21:20 AM »
Seems like he's a Rolling Stones fan too  :)   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 04:13:59 AM »

This is what it looked like in the summer.    Its winter now , so there is a truck where the boat is.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 09:33:33 AM »
Here is my bike storage/workshop.  It's actually above my garage, which is nice.  Doesn't everyone have a pool table in their shop?  It's actually a loaner from my wife's nephew who doesn't have room to set it up and use it.

I don't know why the attachments are upside down.  They are fine on my computer.  Anyone know how to fix it?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »
Turn your computer upside down.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »
Turn your computer upside down.

LOL!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 08:47:54 PM »

Aren't we all?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 06:12:41 AM »

Start me up...

Offline Glenn

• 2011 Concours14, 1984 KZ1100R, 2008 KLR685
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2017, 11:13:03 PM »
Between the Concours, the KLR, and the ELR I feel like I have the bases covered. 8) The car and the truck already have roofs, they get parked outside! :P

"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2017, 11:26:11 PM »
Since ZG doesn't come around here anymore (Last Active: December 13, 2015, 05:05:15 pm), I gleaned a shot of his garage from some other forum.

He never seemed to be the double-butt Old Wing type to me. :o

Offline tonedeaf1

Offline slolifepilot

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2017, 02:02:01 PM »
Not the best pic but I like having the room, keeps me from hoarding stuff :)

Offline O.C.

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2017, 05:11:03 AM »
That's definitely the biggest beer fridge I've seen in a man cave  ;D   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650