Author Topic: Farwell to a Friend  (Read 3606 times)

Offline marcusorelius

Farwell to a Friend
« on: January 19, 2016, 01:01:24 PM »
Last weekend we went down to Phx to our friend Don's funeral. (an avid motorcyclist)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTC0VaYJ9b4

Offline BMahar

Re: Farwell to a Friend
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 02:08:18 PM »
  Marc, so sorry for your loss.  You have made the family proud with your fine video.  Very well done.
  Brent
2011 Concours ABS, Black

jirod

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 07:10:20 PM »
Very moving. Sorry for your loss.

Offline marcusorelius

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 07:44:49 PM »
Thanks Brent & Jrod, I tried to use all my vid skills & make the best one I could.
His son (the one on the back of the bike & receiving the flag is  autistic. That ride'n clip is from 4 or 5 years ago from a ride to Utah. They hit a deer on that ride which ruined their trip but they were not hurt bad.
Here's a vid that encompasses the Duchess & me on our 3 day ride to Phx for the funeral. I had planed to ride the bike but bad weather came in Friday so I rented a car. It includes hiking near lake pleasant on the way down & hiking at Sedona on Sunday on the way back. It also has the wake at his best friends house ( some peeps even flew in from Cananda) where we celebrated his life & had a few drinks & told some stories.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPdkxNuiA9Y

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 01:11:08 AM »
A lovely tribute to your friend...I'm sure Don's family appreciated that immensely! Very well done! Respect!!!

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 05:41:16 AM »
What a wonderful tribute!  Very well done.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »
Very nicely done, Sir!
'02 C-10